REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   *click sound when pushing on clutch (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671798-%2Aclick-sound-when-pushing-clutch.html)

Bahhbeehhaaaa 08-03-2012 01:42 PM

*click sound when pushing on clutch

every time i push the clutch all the way down, when it passes the friction point it makes a click* sound =/ what's wrong?

!SG 08-19-2012 11:10 AM

what car?

Bahhbeehhaaaa 08-20-2012 09:53 AM

06 TSX, could it be the bearing? It drives fine for now

Glove 08-20-2012 10:03 AM

all my cars always did that, I jsut thought it was normal, lol

nabs 08-20-2012 10:06 AM

its a common problem with TSX 04 - 08. Its nothing to worry about, if you seach it on TSX Club forums there is a fix for it. or you may be able to take it to acura and have them fix it because it is a known issue.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 08-20-2012 11:59 AM

will it cause a bigger issue later on if i leave it alone?

sixrider 08-21-2012 07:14 PM

the T/O bearing might get affected after a while if the problem persists...

HondaGuy 08-23-2012 01:37 AM

OP: i had the same problem on one of my standard cars. Where you would press on clutch all the way before ignition and it had this click noise... Ended up replacing a new clutch safety switch recommended by my mechanic.
Now when turning car it's smoother and eliminating the click noise.

Good luck bud.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 08-23-2012 05:52 PM

Thanks for the feed back honda guy =]
even if is before ignition, after ignition, in gear or in neutral it still makes the click* noise. So does that mean the clutch is worn out? that's why your mechanic recommends you replacing a new clutch?

HondaGuy 08-30-2012 11:30 PM

^^ Sorry for the lateness, almost forgot about this thread.

Its the clutch safety switch, not the whole clutch assembly. My clutch is perfectly fine, what happened was my car didnt start, thinking it was the starter but after manually checking the starter it worked. When I press down the clutch it didnt start until I let up the clutch a little and started...sounds weird huh? LOL...

My mechanic located the problem where the clutch safety switch was acting up and replaced it for me. And during the whole time (before I fixed this), the clutch made this "click" noise whether its starting, pressing down to change gears, just as long as I step on the clutch.

After replacement, the "click" noise went away. Kinda like 1 stone for 2 birds LOL...

Cant say its the same reason for your car, but it worked for me.

PS: If you need a pic of the old clutch safety switch, let me know...I can take pics.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 09-01-2012 12:01 AM

hey! no worries we are all busyy with somethings =]

okok your info really helps me a ton! That explains why my tsx won't crank up from time to time. I'll have to turn it to off position also let go of the clutch then try to start it again. Usually it will start on the 2nd try. I thought it was the starter but guess not =]

You don't need to take any pictures and save yourself sometime, ill google and makes things easier!

Thanks!