REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Question regarding monthly promotions from manufacturer (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672149-question-regarding-monthly-promotions-manufacturer.html)

ntan 08-11-2012 07:53 AM

Question regarding monthly promotions from manufacturer

I recently leased a 2013 Kia Rio5 Ex (In Ontario) on July 28th. I did not put a deposit down, nor did I pick up the car. The car has not arrived, and will not arrive until August 15th.

For the month of July, Kia was offering $500 lease credit + 1.9% lease rates. For August, they're now offering $500 lease credit + 0.9% lease rate, and an additional 3 month free off car payment.

The dealership called me and told me that I'm eligible for the better rate, but I am not eligible for the additional 3 month free off car payment. Is this true? When I purchased the car, he sworn that I would be eligible for any promotions that would be in effect in August.

godwin 08-11-2012 07:58 AM

Just go to another dealer especially if you haven't have any paperwork.

ntan 08-11-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8000321)
Just go to another dealer especially if you haven't have any paperwork.

I do have paperwork. I signed the agreement, but no deposit was required.

RabidRat 08-11-2012 08:09 AM

So far then, you've only applied for a credit application and were approved by Kia, but haven't actually signed the lease agreement right?

Edit: Ah, you just replied. So you signed the actual lease agreement, with lease payments beginning as of Aug 15, that's what it says on the papers you signed?

ntan 08-11-2012 08:14 AM

I signed a Vehicle Purchase agreement, and a Due Bill.

The thing that is questionable is the fact that they can give me 0.9% lease rate, but not the 3 months waive promotion... To me, it sounds like they're wanting to pocket it themselves.

They mentioned that I need to sign new forms when I pick up the car reflecting the new purchase price.

westopher 08-11-2012 11:26 AM

Have you tried contacting Kia's canadian headquarters? They will be able to steer you through any bullshit the dealer may feed you.

RabidRat 08-11-2012 11:28 AM

Yeah I'd be inclined to give Kia corporate a call too, since the promo seems to be straight from Kia financing and probably has nothing to do with the dealership.

ntan 08-11-2012 01:07 PM

I have sent an email about to corporate Kia; they just take a awhile and my curiousity can't wait =P I was also hoping to hear from other people's experience, because I'm sure many others would have experienced similar circumstances.