REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Properly parking a standard car (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672710-properly-parking-standard-car.html)

c3m 08-22-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rl89rl89 (Post 8010536)
this is like asking how everyone eats their cereal.

Get Bowl then pour cereal into bowl and then pour milk
:ilied::troll:

XplicitLuder 08-22-2012 08:19 PM

i guess my car is special then :troll:

and no lsf..my car rolled down the hill because i was too horny to give a fuk bout handbreak and i just wanted to get into my gf's house and bone the shit outta her :troll:

Prolowtone 08-23-2012 02:56 AM

both of my 85 cars dont have a working neutral safety switch :P.

and myself i always use 5th gear instead of first or second as there is more force required to move the drive train..

Gridlock 08-23-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8010627)
i guess my car is special then :troll:

and no lsf..my car rolled down the hill because i was too horny to give a fuk bout handbreak and i just wanted to get into my gf's house and bone the shit outta her :troll:

LOL. Gotta love an honest answer.

You are gonna have some explaining to do if she ever decides to join rs...

"honey, I meant 'make love'...I swear!"

Marco911 08-23-2012 10:32 PM

I don't use my handbrake unless I'm parked on a slope. I just leave it in Park or in gear.

The reason I don't use my handbrake is because if the brake pads are super hot, they can glaze off on the rotors if you keep them in contact on the rotors for an extended period while the pads cool. That results in an uneven rotor surface and it will feel like the rotors are warped if you brake at high speed.

If I store my car over an extended period of time, I also don't use the handbrake because it can tend to stick on the discs and not release fully.

sebTeggy 08-24-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8011575)
I don't use my handbrake unless I'm parked on a slope. I just leave it in Park or in gear.

The reason I don't use my handbrake is because if the brake pads are super hot, they can glaze off on the rotors if you keep them in contact on the rotors for an extended period while the pads cool. That results in an uneven rotor surface and it will feel like the rotors are warped if you brake at high speed.

If I store my car over an extended period of time, I also don't use the handbrake because it can tend to stick on the discs and not release fully.

GOod point to note. Rotors don't 'warp', they actually get uneven deposits of brake material when hot.