REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Considering 2012 VW Jetta GLI (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672927-considering-2012-vw-jetta-gli.html)

Nssan 08-27-2012 08:34 AM

Considering 2012 VW Jetta GLI

Does anybody have this car? What are you opinions on it after taking delivery?

I hear the quality is not as great as the prev gen, but its bearable none the less.

VW is having special leasing/financing rates right now, so probably before 2013 start rolling in. Is it worth while to try to negotiate more on a 2012 ? or just wait for 2013?

Thank

too_slow 08-27-2012 08:48 AM

The 2013 will offer rear/front LEDs + Xenons. Xenons are not even available at the moment, even if you add the Autobahn packages. Other than that, you will see very little 'changes' between 12/13. They're great cars, with a giant rear seat+boot compared with the MK5.

The same cost-cutting was applied going from Mk5 -> 6 for all cars, so it's not just limited to the Jetta.

icemiko 08-27-2012 08:51 AM

You should go test it out at their freedriving tour in September.

Volkswagen Freedriving Tour

yray 08-27-2012 09:01 AM

mexico made vw... avoid it like the plague

2012 beetle, left side window motor is fucked... backordered from germany for 2 months. Right side motor window sensor is also fucked. :fuuuuu:

Nssan 08-27-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yray (Post 8013929)

2012 beetle, left side window motor is fucked... backordered from germany for 2 months. Right side motor window sensor is also fucked. :fuuuuu:

oh shit.... u sure its not a recall of some sorts...

I know its made in Mexico but can't be that bad right?

I don't know, the rates at 0% is pretty damn attracting , only if it applies on Audis too

yray 08-27-2012 09:15 AM

^they haven't recalled it yet but its a well known problem

theres also a birthmark on the hood of my car which is only visible under florescent light :lawl:

Just get a GTI and be happy lol.

zx7rrrr 08-27-2012 09:50 AM

i bought a trendline plus.i couldnt pass up the good interest rates.Spacious interior and great styling for a good price. The car is a midsize sedan at a compact car price. The car alot of rear legroom, great for the babyseat. Im more than happy with the car.

mos_skeeto 08-27-2012 10:13 AM

I was looking at 2012 gti's last month. There weren't much left in inventory. They gave me 2000 over blackbook for my trade-in but no sale on the car compared to what's listed on the website.

Why not gti? It's built in Germany.

godwin 08-27-2012 12:35 PM

Robots on the assembly line can't tell whether it is in Mexico or Wolfsburg (yet).. however process engineering always need revision for cars in their first year of MY. If you had wanted a reliable car, you shouldn't have picked a 2012 Beetle. Pick a Golf or Jetta (which both are due to be replaced in the next 12 months). Same applies to any mass manufacturing goods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yray (Post 8013929)

zx7rrrr 08-27-2012 01:04 PM

why would you buy a bettle? Its a girl car

Nssan 08-27-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx7rrrr (Post 8013966)
i bought a trendline plus.i couldnt pass up the good interest rates.Spacious interior and great styling for a good price. The car is a midsize sedan at a compact car price. The car alot of rear legroom, great for the babyseat. Im more than happy with the car.

Trendline plus is a trim under GLI or another trim under Jetta.

I am overseas now, so won't be able to go and test drive the car personally. Just hope when I come back next month, the deal will be still on .

What you guys think between Jetta GLI and Tiguan , same year?

KO7 08-28-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nssan (Post 8014638)

I would much prefer a Tiguan for the added versatility, it really depends on your lifestyle.

ws6ta 08-28-2012 08:57 AM

i'd much rather have a gti then a gli

trendline is the most basic jetta and comes with a 2 litre engine which is underpowered. if you go with a 2.5L then the base model is a comfortline.

you can get a jetta with a 2.0L, 2.5L, TDI, or 2.0T (GLI). GTI has the same engine as the GLI.

donjalapeno 08-28-2012 10:58 AM

Oh god the jetta 2.0L was horrid.....such a slug the 2.5 on the other hand was really well built and had all the power you needed

too_slow 08-28-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nssan (Post 8014638)
Trendline plus is a trim under GLI or another trim under Jetta.

I am overseas now, so won't be able to go and test drive the car personally. Just hope when I come back next month, the deal will be still on .

The Tiguan Highline has a lot of luxury features not found on Golf/GTI/Jetta/A3.

Things like PDC, RNS510 SatNAV + Dynaudio system, auto lights/wipers, powered memory seats, rearview cam, power folding + auto dimming mirrors. Also, the rear seats recline + slide forward.

Otherwise, a Comfortline Tiguan is no different than a GTI /Jetta/ A3 with the exception to 4Motion (avail. to Tiguan and A3) and DSG (avail. on all except for the Tiguan, and A3 with AWD).

Jetta has the best rates, along with the Passat.