REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Faith in humanity restored / "Connor's Day" MEET - Sept 7, 7pm - Byrne & Marine (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673106-faith-humanity-restored-connors-day-meet-sept-7-7pm-byrne-marine.html)

Lomac 08-30-2012 03:46 PM

Faith in humanity restored / "Connor's Day" MEET - Sept 7, 7pm - Byrne & Marine

Quote:

The worst nightmare of any parent is facing the loss of a child. It's an unimaginable tragedy no matter how it happens.

One Subaru owner in England just learned he will soon be facing this reality with his own son, but is hoping to give him one last thrill before he moves on from this world.

Poster Zippy of the British Scooby Net forums just found out that his 11-year old son, who has already beaten cancer twice in his short life, now has two inoperable brain tumors and has around four weeks to live.

A few weeks before finding out about this diagnosis, Zippy had promised to take his son to a meet with modified cars sometime soon.

But now his timetable is condensed, so Zippy is taking the meet into his own hands:
Quote:

i have arranged with FRED LAWTON LTD MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4AY to be able to use there car park for the gathering which i would like to hold on saturday the 8th of september starting from 1 pm. everybody and every type of car is welcome so please please please come if you can make it and make my little boys day a special one thank you all in advance and please put your name down on your posts to this thread so i can get an idea of numbers.
The response has been overwhelming, and right now there are 196 cars committed from Scooby Net with the likelihood of many more. If you're near that area on September 8th, stop by and help make a sick little guy's day.
Original thread: losing my son please help - ScoobyNet

Such a terrible thing to have to live through, but it's nice to see a car community come together for a fellow member's wish.

SpeedStars 08-30-2012 03:59 PM

Too bad the kid's in Britain, or else he'd meet some of revscene's beautiful cars. Still nice to see people come together for this courageous soul.

StylinRed 08-30-2012 04:07 PM

:tears:

thats so sad

nice to see many forums seemed to have signed on to the meet even the exotic community hopefully that'll be a nice treat for the lil guy

very recently and suddenly lost a family member myself so this is an especially :tears: story for me

Inaii 08-30-2012 04:29 PM

Thanks for posting this Lomac, I've lost a really close family member to cancer (albeit not my own child) and it's still really difficult, even though it's 10 years later.

I reposted on a couple other forums/facebook groups I'm a member of, just in case anyone happens to know someone in England.

KO7 08-30-2012 04:49 PM

Thanks Lomac, for posting this and for repping RS on page 26. :)
Can't wait to see the turnout and his son's reaction to it.

OGCStrike 08-30-2012 05:01 PM

thats so sadd :okay:
hope the kid has the time of his life before he goes D:

Not really racist! 08-30-2012 05:07 PM

its at 245 cars now
:tears:

dlo 08-30-2012 05:10 PM

just sent this to my friend who runs stance daily in the UK, hopefully he can bring all the JDM whips for the kid!!!

Lomac 08-30-2012 05:49 PM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67311...ber-7-7pm.html

Please come if you can. Would love to see all of you there.

rb 09-04-2012 12:28 PM

BUMP - lets get as many cars from RS as we can. Stock or modified. Just come. Was thinking of having each car display a message to Connor. We will need someone to take photo's/video's of this too.

spoon.ek9 09-04-2012 10:08 PM

i will try my best to make it down

dared3vil0 09-04-2012 10:23 PM

Damnit, I work Friday otherwise i'd come...

ALEX1988 09-04-2012 10:35 PM

I'll definitely be there.:)

jepho 09-05-2012 12:03 PM

would love to make it, but wont be able to.

but if a montage is put together for the family remembrance, i found this touching.

"Dearest Mommy and Daddy"
Author unknown

When you wonder the meaning of life and love
Know that I am with you
Close your eyes and feel me kissing you in the gentle breeze across your cheek
When you begin to doubt that you shall never see me again
Quiet your mind and hear me
I am in the whisper of the heavens
Speaking of your love.
When you lose your identity
when you question who you are, where you are going;
Open your heart and see me.
I am the twinkle in the stars, smiling down upon you.
Lighting the path for your journey.
When you awaken each morning, not remembering your dreams,but feeling content and serene,
Know that I was with you, filling your night with thoughts of me.
When you linger in the remnant pain, wholeness seeming so unfamiliar, think of me.
Know that I am with you, touching you through the shared tears of a gentle friend easing the pain.
As the sunrise illuminates the desert sky; as that breathtaking brilliance awakens your spirit, think of our time together-all to brief but ever brilliant.
When you were certain of us together, when you were certain of your destiny, know that God created that moment in time just for us.
I am with you always......

rb 09-05-2012 01:26 PM

Please spread the word to your clubs, crews, shops. whatever. I would like to see a decent turnout as we're trying to come up with a way to essentially cover my car in messages to Connor heh.

kakucaekz 09-05-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb (Post 8021257)
Please spread the word to your clubs, crews, shops. whatever. I would like to see a decent turnout as we're trying to come up with a way to essentially cover my car in messages to Connor heh.

Vinyl wrap the car in white, and then everyone can write on it :fullofwin:

Paradise240 09-05-2012 05:28 PM

Just for those who missed it in the meet thread,

Connor doesn't know he only has four weeks to live, and his father would like to keep it a secret from him. Keep that in mind while writing messages for him :)

VCMC-STC 09-06-2012 02:00 PM

Team VCMC's FR-S sadly won't be in town for this but I definitely plan to be there with my other car!

See you all there! Thanks for the post Lomac!

Richard