REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Aptitude test (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673112-aptitude-test.html)

DC5-S 08-30-2012 06:08 PM

Aptitude test

Has anyone ever done one of these? It's sorta like an IQ test to see how good you are at problem solving and judging things etc. I did the verbal reasoning and inductive reasoning full-tests, there the quickest and take 20 mins each... Got 65% on each, I feel like i'm fucking retarded, I was expecting more. An upcoming job offer is gonna require me to do this. so I want to prepare.. Anyways, try it out if your bored and see how well you do. It is advisable to do the example questions first. And post your scores!

http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

LiquidTurbo 08-30-2012 09:28 PM

Wow. So hard. Inductive reasoning one.. is tough.

StaxBundlez 08-30-2012 10:00 PM

:fuckthatshit:

nabs 08-30-2012 10:08 PM

is this similar to the useless TELUS pre-interview tests?

46_valentinor 08-30-2012 11:37 PM

just did the verbal reasoning and got 76%...hmmm could've done better =/

red_2 08-31-2012 12:09 AM

how do u see your score??

DC5-S 08-31-2012 12:35 AM

At the end click see report on the same page.

z3german 08-31-2012 10:19 AM

LOL looked at the first question and my brain exploded :fuckthatshit:

At work now so not gonna take a stab at it, will try when im home looks fun!

Presto 08-31-2012 03:16 PM

I wish they'd tell you what the answers are supposed to be.

bloodmack 08-31-2012 03:20 PM

wants me to register.. :fuckthatshit:

Presto 08-31-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodmack (Post 8017745)
wants me to register.. :fuckthatshit:

bugmenot.com is what i used :D

DC5-S 09-20-2012 12:07 AM

Mechanical Reasoning Tests - Gears

Can anyone tell me how question 5) is equal to E? Shouldn't it be clockwise same.

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-20-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 8034598)
Mechanical Reasoning Tests - Gears

Can anyone tell me how question 5) is equal to E? Shouldn't it be clockwise same.

i don't know how to figure out the speed which it turns at, but counter clockwise is what i got too.

all u gotta do is follow the string being "pulled".

so we know the first one is going clock wise

so u follow the string being "pulled" in. which is the "bottom" string.

then it leads to the top of the second cog, u can tell that is turning counter clock wise, cuz of the string we just figured out. meaning that its feeding that string out.

now if the second cog is going ccw... the smaller cog that its attached to is also going CCW. then the last cog is going clock wise cuz.. well follow the string.. imagine it moving... its gotta "feed" the right direction right?

CP.AR 09-20-2012 03:49 AM

i did one... got hired :fuckthatshit:

MG1 09-20-2012 05:30 AM

I log on to RS to be intellectually stimulated. This is, however, not as challenging as trying to decipher Engrish/Chinglish in some of the posts on RS.

DC5-S 09-20-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8034618)
i don't know how to figure out the speed which it turns at, but counter clockwise is what i got too.

all u gotta do is follow the string being "pulled".

so we know the first one is going clock wise

so u follow the string being "pulled" in. which is the "bottom" string.

then it leads to the top of the second cog, u can tell that is turning counter clock wise, cuz of the string we just figured out. meaning that its feeding that string out.

now if the second cog is going ccw... the smaller cog that its attached to is also going CCW. then the last cog is going clock wise cuz.. well follow the string.. imagine it moving... its gotta "feed" the right direction right?

So is it going ccw or cw? You stated its going both ways in your reply lol.. if the small cog is going ccw, and the belt is twisted to the last cog, shouldn't it be cw then? just like how the first cog is cw, and the second one is ccw

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/4663/clipimage0010086.gif

Gumby 09-20-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8034618)

The speed depends on the size ratio of the two gears. If you match up two gears, one half the size of the other, the smaller one will turn 2x as fast as the bigger gear. When the larger gear has completed 1 revolution, the smaller one will have completed 2 revolutions.

dink 09-20-2012 11:24 AM

Assuming the 3 top gears are of same size
the smaller gear will turn at a greater rpm than those 3
but since the smaller gear is connected to the two larger gear (of matching size) it will produce the same RPM

my explanation sucks, sorry