REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:44 PM   #2701
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
The shocking thing I find with this too is that they structured Watson's contract precisely so he wouldn't lose any money... I was reading that his actual salary for this season is only a bit over a million, so if he gets suspended for 6 games he only loses like $400k or something??? Keeps his $45M signing bonus and his salary goes up ^^^^^ like crazy in all the years after.

Absolutely ludicrous ducking of morality by the Browns organization. Basically saying they don't care what he did, they just want him as their QB.
Because no good QB is going to want to play there, and they have shown in the last 20+ years that tehy are incapable of drafing one. Ironically they FINALLY got it right once, but then they ditched him for a serial sex offender.

Even massively overpaying isn't enough to entice someone to come to the browns. They also have to bend over and give up absolutely everything to him.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:47 PM   #2702

Dolphins busted for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton, lose two draft picks

"violations of unprecedented scope and severity"

However the investigation also cleared them of losing on purpose, although the owner wanted them to. Owner tried to pay the coach $100K to lose, but conclude that it wasn't a serious offer for some reason.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:58 PM   #2703

There it is:

And once again, the reason they do it this way:

Old 08-03-2022, 05:53 PM   #2704
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,903 Posts
Good! So now Goodell or someone that he chooses will make final decision ... so that independent disciplinary Sue L. Robinson’s recommendation was just a little tangent, itt means nothing.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:08 PM   #2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Good! So now Goodell or someone that he chooses will make final decision ... so that independent disciplinary Sue L. Robinson’s recommendation was just a little tangent, itt means nothing.
By not disputing her report, they have essentially set in stone what the argument will be for the final suspension chosen by the commissioner. The whole task here was to report the "binding findings of fact". Everything set out in this document is binding, and have not been appealed. They agree that he violated 3 policies in the most egregious ways anyone has ever done so. They agree that he forced these women to do these heinous things, and that he shouldn't be allowed to get massages from anyone other than those provided by the team.

They'll still try to dispute the new suspension, and it will probably go all the way into the season, but this just set what they will be arguing over.

Actually in a way it's kind of a good thing that the recommended suspension was so low, and I wonder if it was done that way on purpose. Considering the backlash, probably not
Old 08-05-2022, 10:00 AM   #2706
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,569 Times in 1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Listening to the Around the NFL Podcast (and if you're ever looking for something new to listen to I HIGHLY recommend it)

Some quick notes I think are important:

Most importantly, this wasn't arbitration, and the judge's 6 day suspension isn't binding - it is a recommendation.

As mentioned before, now that there's a recommendation, the NFL can appeal to change it to whatever they want. During this process, they have been recommending a 1 year suspension. So they have 3 days to change it to that.

The judging process, as menioned in the video above, found that Watson was indeed doing all this heinous stuff that he was accused of. Watson's lawyers, in agreeing with this decision, are basically admiting to it as well.

It still has to go through officially, but this 6 day thing isn't final, and I still expect it'll be 1 year once all is said and done. Hopefully they can suspend him again after that as well, and continue to do so until he retires.
You sound nuts, Skinny.

The guy was found not guilty criminally for these accusations, the judge even spoke with the litigants prior to making this decision.

If he's found criminally not guilty, why the fuck should he be suspended in perpetuity? Until retirement? Are you nuts?

That is fucking insane.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2022, 04:58 PM   #2707

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You sound nuts, Skinny.

The guy was found not guilty criminally for these accusations, the judge even spoke with the litigants prior to making this decision.

If he's found criminally not guilty, why the fuck should he be suspended in perpetuity? Until retirement? Are you nuts?

That is fucking insane.
I guess I go insane when I hear of someone sexually assaulting 30 women and getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars right after. Just because you can do something to people that doesn't land you in prison, doesn't mean you should be able to attain fame and fortune. He still did that shit, whether "guilty criminally" or not. He admitted to it all, and he says he doesn't think there's anything wrong with it, so there's no remorse or anything.

Since they can't charge criminally, the next closest thing to justice would be to never be able to play football. And justice for Browns hiring a pervert, having to give up all their picks and pay him $200 million and he never plays for them

We just saw Vince McMahon go down for doing something similar to FOUR women. No criminal charges (yet) but he is OUT of the business, and can't come back. Something nobody thought would ever happen until he was on his death bed. Now imagine THIRTY cases like that.

So maybe that makes me "nuts" or insane. That's fine. If that's the case though, the NFL is insane too, because an indefinite suspension is what they are going for. They can only do it one year at a time. Browns are betting on it only being one year, and being able to successfully appeal the subsequent years.

It's not without precedent either. Ray Rice was never criminally convicted either, yet was banned permanently from the NFL. The judge dismissed the charges and he had to take anger management classes. But he received a permanent suspension under the old CBA, and then they changed the rules to what they are doing now with Watson which is more fair for the accused, and more binding. Rice appealed and won, but nobody will sign him, not even the Browns.. He even sued the Ravens for wrongful termination and got some of his contract money in a settlement.

And that was an assault on ONE woman. Imagine if he did that to 30, and you have Watson.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:25 AM   #2708

Ray Rice is a terrible comparison, he was literally on camera beating the holy hell out of his wife.

There is no video evidence or concrete proof against Watson.

If he wasn't found criminally guilty by a judge, he should not be banned for life, that's absolutely ridiculous and sets a very dangerous precedent IMHO.

I'd air on the side that he's likely a creep -- we've seen far worse in the NFL, heck Big Ben was accused of raping a woman, he was never penalized.

You want to ban Watson for a year? Sure go ahead, his whole career? Fuck outta here
Old 08-06-2022, 04:02 PM   #2709

Nah. 30 women (that have come forward, there's probably more). Criminal charges is a seperate thing. I'm not saying put him in jail, I'm saying he can do whatever, just not NFL. Since he admits it and thinks there's nothing wrong with what he did. He'll probably end up in prison anyway since I doubt he'll be able to stop.

They fucked up with Ben, and that was ONE woman. That's why it would be brutal if they were lenient here.

How many women would he have to assault for a permanent ban to be justified? 60? 300? 5000? Or Just let him do whatever he wants to people because he's good at throwing balls?
Old 08-06-2022, 06:24 PM   #2710
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Nah. 30 women (that have come forward, there's probably more). Criminal charges is a seperate thing. I'm not saying put him in jail, I'm saying he can do whatever, just not NFL. Since he admits it and thinks there's nothing wrong with what he did. He'll probably end up in prison anyway since I doubt he'll be able to stop.

They fucked up with Ben, and that was ONE woman. That's why it would be brutal if they were lenient here.

How many women would he have to assault for a permanent ban to be justified? 60? 300? 5000? Or Just let him do whatever he wants to people because he's good at throwing balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2022, 08:34 AM   #2711

No dude. My argument is the guy has massive talent, to make it as a QB in the NFL and be successful, you sit within the top .0001% of people within the world.

The judge found him criminally not guilty -- you think it makes sense to make a guy with that much talent sit out and not be able to earn a living for the rest of his life because he moved his dick around while getting a massage? Do you not know how the world works IRL outside of the internet?

I guess you don't know many RMTs, that shit happens to my friends within the field all the damn time. Is it right? No. Does it mean someone should lose their livelihood for the rest of their career at his relatively young age? Fuck no.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:11 PM   #2712

Old 08-12-2022, 09:21 PM   #2713

My quick report from the Ravens/Titoons preseason game:

- NT Travis Jones was throwing offensive linemen around like rag dolls. People are talking about him being the steal of the draft.
- TE Isaiah Likely looks like he has a ton of potential offensively but his blocking needs a LOT of work
- 6'4" WR Shemar Bridges also looked good. Very tall, strong, potential starter
- New punter Jordan Stout looks good - so much hang time on those punts. And just as importantly held the ball well for Tucker
- S Hamilton didnt have a great showing overall, but fuck he is fast

Can't put too much weight into PS1 but some players showed potential that I didn't fully expect.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:25 PM   #2714

Drew Lock looks pretty good
Old 08-13-2022, 07:52 PM   #2715

^ Kenny Pickett looked better ... and got the W.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:00 PM   #2716

Yeah that walkoff drive with the crowd going crazy was pretty great to watch. Would be cool if he keeps it going in the regular season and becomes the next big star! AFCN would be like AFCW
Old 08-15-2022, 12:34 PM   #2717
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,689 Posts
Hey SkinnyPupp, your Ravens play on the road against my Pats on 9/11.

Home opener game for New England. Go Pats go!!
Old 08-15-2022, 06:35 PM   #2718

Let's go! Will be cool to see how your QB has developed. I heard they completely changed their blocking scheme, like for the first time in BB's run, and Matt Patricia is running the offense... That is all interesting to me, what do you think of it as a fan?
Old 08-16-2022, 08:22 AM   #2719

Quote:
Let's go! Will be cool to see how your QB has developed. I heard they completely changed their blocking scheme, like for the first time in BB's run, and Matt Patricia is running the offense... That is all interesting to me, what do you think of it as a fan?
The things that fans watch for during the Pats and Panters joint practice is the New England O-line.

Isaiah Wynn is returning to play after injury. Coach B. wants him to play left tackle instead of right tackle. Of course, Isaiah is saying all the right things about playing on the left side instead of the right. He said "I'll play corner back if they need me to play there".

The Pats have athletic linebackers. -

will be interesting to see how Mac plays in his sophomore season. He worked hard in the offseason on his fitness. -got leaner and fitter. -definitely see a trim in body fat for Mac.

The Pats group of wide receivers has potential. In fact, the Pats spending for wide receivers is in top 3 in the NFL.

cbssports.com info:

The franchise signed Nelson Agholor (two years, $22 million) and Kendrick Bourne (three years, $15 million) in the 2021 offseason and acquired DeVante Parker (four years, $30.5 million) in a trade with the Dolphins on April 5. New England also invested a second-round pick in this year's draft to grab the fastest wide receiver available, Baylor's Tyquan Thornton, who ran an unofficial 4.21-second 40-yard dash at the NFL combine,

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-16-2022 at 08:32 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2022, 09:25 PM   #2720

Promise I'm not picking on you pasta but the Patriots have had two bench clearing brawls in their last two practices, once with their own offense vs defense, and today with them fighting the Panthers that got so bad it went into the stands an injured a fan.

Do you think this might reflect how the team plays during the season? Or is it just one of those preseason things that is just part of the game? Sounds like today's fight was because their receiver got knocked out after a blindside hit
Old 08-18-2022, 06:23 AM   #2721

pastarocket .. as well, I'd be interested in what you think about Ravens and Lamar Jackson contract negotiations and how that will reflect their play this season.

You think Jackson deserves Deshaun Watson money ... $230M for 5 yrs fully guaranteed? One analyst suggested the Jackson might request trade if nothing is done at end of preseason.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:35 AM   #2722

Lamar has literally said, if they don't agree to a deal by the time the season starts, he's done talking about it until the end of the season. Anyone who says he is requesting trades is fucking with you. If you're not joking, delete that analyst from your list

Honestly there's been no leaks because he doesn't have an agent leaking this stuff, and the team is very tight lipped. So when nothing gets out unless he himself says it, people start to get antsy and make stuff up. It's unique in NFL, so I am not surprised people are doing it. It sucks but w/e

He is going all in on himself, attempting to win a ring and get paid. I think he'll play on the franchise tag if he has to.

As for money, if Watson (or any QB) is worth $230m, then it's a no brainer to go a bit over that. They have a generational talent that the entire offense is built around... It's not even something to think about. (which is kind of weird why they can't just give him whatever he asks for but who knows)

Edit: Wait, is your source Stephen A Smith?
Old 08-18-2022, 07:48 AM   #2723

^ ... I was asking for pasta's opinion ... not particularly interested in yours cuz I can predict that.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:09 AM   #2724

Quote:
^ ... I was asking for pasta's opinion ... not particularly interested in yours cuz I can predict that.
You asked a question that is literally irrelevant though; there will be no contract negotiations when the season starts. Can't affect their play. I was trying to let you know, since you're getting bad info somewhere. But it's fine.

It's fair though, anyone who watches the Ravens play will tell you Lamar is worth whatever contract he wants. So if you want to hear other opinions, that's fair.
Old 08-18-2022, 12:58 PM   #2725

Quote:
Hmm. Lamar's talent level is not comparable to DeShaun Watson as a passing QB. He does not have the off field baggage of DeShaun though haha. Is he worth DeShaun Watson money?

Great question. I would say NO based on career stats solely on total passing yards each season, and QB rating between LaMar and DeShaun.

DeShaun is a better passing QB in the pocket compared to Lamar. No question about it.

I don't see Lamar getting to the level of a great passing QB like Aaron Rodgers, old man Brady, Josh Allen, if he keeps relying on his athleticism to run the ball to make plays.

I am looking at a QB's career in the NFL in terms of longevity. Can Lamar keep playing his style of running the ball, and taking the game in his own hands, without putting a big physical toll on his body.

How many hits can this QB keep taking before injuries take a big toll on his career? Is Lamar gonna be that effective as a QB when he gets older and absorb so many hits from defenders?

I figure that Lamar has taken over 800 hits to his body already in his career.

How is Lamar gonna improve as a passing QB in his career and make more bank with a 230 plus million contract if he starts to miss even more games because his style of play puts him at risk of serious injury?

My answer is no. Lamar Jackson is not worth DeShaun Watson money in terms of contract size at 230 million.

Are there bridge contracts in the NFL like in the NHL? Maybe the Ravens management give a smaller contract with shorter term and annual salary to Lamar. A sign to this player to "prove it" to the Ravens' team owner and management that he can become an elite passing QB in the NFL.

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-18-2022 at 01:08 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: