REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #901
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Rank 1 D vs Rank 1 O

Defense wins championships right? Most plays Bronco's receivers catches the ball and our CB's are one the best in the game.

If peyton wins, he will be G.O.A.T. period.
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #902
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Is there a site that shows how many times a CB gets passed to per game? I know about Sherman's stat of being the least targeted CB but having the most INTs, but I wonder how many times he was targeted this game. Sure doesn't seem like much, and I bet Kaep is still kicking himself for that decision!
According to his MMQB article, he was targeted twice. Once was that hold, the other was the pick.

Richard Sherman explains the Crabtree incident and postgame interview | The MMQB with Peter King
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #903
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
"Hey coach, you know the Egg McMuffin is only 290 calories?"

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #904
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
According to his MMQB article, he was targeted twice. Once was that hold, the other was the pick.

Richard Sherman explains the Crabtree incident and postgame interview | The MMQB with Peter King
Yeah I just read that. Actually when I watched the game and saw everyone's reactions, I wondered if I was the only one that saw this

Gave him pat, when to shake his hand so he could go celebrate... All the taunting and epic promos didn't come until after Crabtree did that

Sherman is a superstar and a great promotional player. Everything the 'haters' say need to be directed to Crabtree after how he acted following 2 chokes 2 years in a row
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #905

Good news is, Harvin should be ready for SB
Old 01-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post

Should be a fine at least, that was just dirty.

What a game, LOB came up huge, Wagner also had a really underrated game, 15 tackles/5 solo, he was just a beast. Ended up catching the game at the Pint dt, it was packed and pretty rowdy, pretty awesome, can't wait for the Superbowl now. Seeing Harbaugh freak out and have to shut up and Kaep choke just made this game even better.
That's beyond dirty... That's disgusting. That's worthy of a Tomlin type of fine and maybe loss of a draft pick.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #907
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I just read that. Actually when I watched the game and saw everyone's reactions, I wondered if I was the only one that saw this

Spoiler!

Gave him pat, when to shake his hand so he could go celebrate... All the taunting and epic promos didn't come until after Crabtree did that

Sherman is a superstar and a great promotional player. Everything the 'haters' say need to be directed to Crabtree after how he acted following 2 chokes 2 years in a row
lol, let's face it - the handshake was obviously meant in an arrogant, cocky manner....That said, when you lose, you have to sit there and take it....Crabtree should've just shook his hand and walked off, but, being the diva that he was known to be going into his draft year, he decided to shove Sherman's head.

I would've been annoyed by Sherman's "hand shake" as well, but I also would've taken it, because that's what you have to do when you're defeated.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #908

Need to find a gif of all the Seahawks shaking Marshawn's hand as their celebration after his beast touchdown
Old 01-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #909
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
lol, let's face it - the handshake was obviously meant in an arrogant, cocky manner....That said, when you lose, you have to sit there and take it....Crabtree should've just shook his hand and walked off, but, being the diva that he was known to be going into his draft year, he decided to shove Sherman's head.

I would've been annoyed by Sherman's "hand shake" as well, but I also would've taken it, because that's what you have to do when you're defeated.
Yeah Sherman's own article said that too, but obviously the shake is served with a side of "fuck you". But then when you've avoided him the whole game, and the only time you do throw that way and you got tip drilled, you have to suck it up.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #910

Quote:
Need to find a gif of all the Seahawks shaking Marshawn's hand as their celebration after his beast touchdown
He was waving "no" at his teammates not to celebrate anything crazy that might swing some momentum which the 9ers might feed off
Old 01-21-2014, 04:47 AM   #911

I know I'll be tuning in
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #912

Aldon Smith needs to be mic'd up too
Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #913
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #914

Any super bowl team defense was as great as the Seattle's secondary in the past decade?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #915

the Seahawks will wear their white road jerseys... i dont know if the away jerseys are bad luck or what.

Why does the Broncos get to wear their home uni?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #916

I think their 'white jersey' losses have more to do with the fact they were playing on the road

Too bad they can't wear Wolf Grey

I was thinking about this game this morning, comparing both teams. Is it just me, or are they completely opposite in how the teams are perceived. Seahawks are an exciting, young team with no players with SB experience. Just about every position has a guy who stands out as being exciting and new compared to average teams. They have a beast for RB, a QB who can scramble out of anything and still throw accurately, and a world famous DB crew.

Broncos on the other hand have a decent to good team (with a very good offensive line), and Peyton Manning. All their playoff games have been pretty boring, as they just go on these long drives... Yes it's dominating, but sometimes dominating can be boring. When the Seahawks dominated the 49ers at the beginning of the season, or last year in December, it was awesome. When the Broncos dominated the Patriots and the Chargers (for 3 quarters) it was just... Manning yelling Omaha a bunch of times and throwing perfect passes.

I guess I just think the Broncos are a dull team that will fall off the face of the earth once Manning retires.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #917

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Any super bowl team defense was as great as the Seattle's secondary in the past decade?
I can't think of any as a whole defensive unit. But there are a few stand-out defensive players I'm sure over the years. One that immediate comes to mind is the NYG pass-rush during their 2 Superbowl victories.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 AM   #918
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Off the top of my head, maybe the 02/03 Bucs, but that falls just outside of the past decade, with Barber, Lynch, Dexter Jackson and Brian Kelly. But that Bucs D was more dominated by its front 7 with Saap, Rice, Brooks and Quarles.

Quote:
the Seahawks will wear their white road jerseys... i dont know if the away jerseys are bad luck or what.

Why does the Broncos get to wear their home uni?
The AFC is considered the home team this year, so Denver got first choice. They alternate NFC, AFC as home teams.

Last edited by 7seven; 01-22-2014 at 06:29 AM.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #919

Superbowl may be moved to Saturday if a storm is predicted for Sunday

That would kill the UFC that is taking place that night
Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #920
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Off the top of my head, maybe the 02/03 Bucs, but that falls just outside of the past decade, with Barber, Lynch, Dexter Jackson and Brian Kelly. But that Bucs D was more dominated by its front 7 with Saap, Rice, Brooks and Quarles.

The AFC is considered the home team this year, so Denver got first choice. They alternate NFC, AFC as home teams.
barber and lynch are sick and barber is a legit HOFer but that bucs defense knew every single idiosyncracy and tendency of rich gannon due to jon gruden (they hardly changed the playbook when gruden left lol). dexter jackson got exposed after he left and sucked

the only team that came kinda close are the 2000 ravens with chris mcallister and rod woodson.

but seattles secondary is historically good and may be one of the best ever assembled
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #921

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000316739/Sound-FX-Seahawks-clinch-Super-Bowl-berth
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #922

Kaepernick's leaping throw to AQ for the touchdown was a thing of beauty, I gotta say

And Russ calling that they'd go offsides on that 4th down throw.. wow! Even if he missed that TD pass, it would have gotten them 5 yards for a totally doable field goal.

And Sherman's comment to Crabtree at the end: "Hell of a game! Hell of a game!"... I don't really see that as taunting at all when you hear it
Old 01-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #923

Yeah, you're right; doesn't sound like it's taunting at all actually, though the timing of it was still bad...game wasn't officially over yet either.

and Super Bowl on Saturday? That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard!!! That would be fucking ridiculous.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #924

Original rant, if it was not posted yet

Richard Sherman Went off Before Epic Rant with Erin Andrews | Bleacher Report

EDIT:

O VS D

Sherman,Maxwell,Thurmond,Chancellor vs D.Thomas,Decker,Welker,J.Thomas

Can't wait......

Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 01-23-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #925

Harvin cleared