REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #1101
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Sea vs St. Louis game

Some special team calls/plays
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #1102
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
If Peterson is available in your fantasy league you might want to put a claim in for him before this weeks deadline it looks like he'll be back this year and could be back as early as next week depending what the NFL does.

Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings to enter plea to lesser charge than felony child abuse charge, avoid jail time - ESPN

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson avoided jail time Tuesday in a plea agreement reached with prosecutors to resolve his child abuse case.

Under the agreement approved by Montgomery County state District Judge Kelly Case and announced during a scheduled court hearing, Peterson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of reckless assault.

Case deferred a finding of guilt for two years while imposing a $4,000 fine and 80 hours of community service on Peterson.

Adrian Peterson has missed a total of 10 games since the beginning of the 2013 season. But the Vikings have fared pretty well in their running game without Peterson. Minnesota is averaging more rushing yards per game as a team and has scored more rushing touchdowns in games that Peterson has not played in since the beginning of last year.

"I'm just glad I this is over," Peterson said shortly after Tuesday's plea deal was announced. "I can put this behind me, and me and my family can move forward."

Peterson was indicted in September on a felony charge of injury to a child for using a wooden switch to discipline his 4-year-old son earlier this year in suburban Houston. The All-Pro running back says he never intended to harm his son and was disciplining him in the same way he had been as a child growing up in East Texas.

The boy suffered cuts, marks and bruising to his thighs, back and on one of his testicles, according to court records. If convicted of felony child abuse, he could have faced up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

"I truly regret this incident," Peterson said. "I take full responsibility for my actions. I love my son more than anyone you could even imagine, and I'm anxious to continue my relationship with my child."

The NFL and the Vikings have not yet decided on whether they will suspend Peterson, who already has missed eight games with pay this season under the terms of the commissioner's exempt list.

League spokesperson Brian McCarthy did not offer a timetable for when the NFL will make a decision, telling ESPN's Ben Goessling that the league "will review the court documents."

Last month, a visiting judge denied a request by prosecutors to remove Case as judge in the case. Prosecutors had accused Case of being biased against them and wanted a new judge appointed.

The plea deal made moot a pending motion by prosecutors to revoke Peterson's $15,000 bond for alleged marijuana use.

The NFL Players Association expects that the league will punish Peterson as it would any other player determined to be guilty of a misdemeanor, league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

The union will likely argue, sources told Werder, that Peterson, who has been paid his full salary of nearly $5.3 million in his absence, should be reinstated and perhaps forced to pay a substantial fine -- surrendering part of the income he's been receiving.

Only commissioner Roger Goodell can reinstate Peterson from the exempt list, meaning the two could be required to meet.

Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy, who is facing a trial for a domestic violence charge, also was placed on the exempt list in September.

Both players agreed as part of a deal that they would be ineligible to play until their cases are adjudicated, but that they would receive full compensation until that time.

Once Goodell reinstates Peterson, presuming the commissioner eventually does so, the Vikings would either have to allow the running back to return to the team or be required to release him.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman declined to comment on Peterson during his midseason news conference Tuesday.

"All I'm going to say is basically at the appropriate time, and I know you guys can appreciate this, we'll keep all of our comments under the Adrian situation until it's appropriate to speak," Spielman said. "And I'll just leave it at that."

The Vikings' position on all of this remains a mystery. They have been silent since Peterson was put on the exempt list, so there is uncertainty as to whether the Vikings are willing to reinsert Peterson into their lineup.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer was asked about Peterson on Monday as the team began its bye week, and he made it clear he judges Peterson based on his own personal interactions and considers him to be "top-notch, first-class."

A prolific player at his position, Peterson set an NFL record with 296 rushing yards against San Diego on this date in 2007.

The case revived a debate about corporal punishment, which is on the decline in the U.S. but still widely practiced in homes and schools.

Corporal punishment is legal in every state. The Texas Attorney General's Office notes that belts and brushes "are accepted by many as legitimate disciplinary 'tools,'" but "electrical or phone cords, boards, yardsticks, ropes, shoes, and wires are likely to be considered instruments of abuse."

Texas law says the use of non-deadly force against someone younger than 18 is justified if a parent or guardian "reasonably believes the force is necessary to discipline the child or to safeguard or promote his welfare."

ESPN's Ed Werder, ESPN's Michele Steele, ESPN.com Vikings reporter Ben Goessling and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #1103
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts

Baldwin and Sherman mocking NFL fining Lynch for not talking to media
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #1104
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Marshawn Lynch is certainly in beast mode tonight. That 79 yard TD run against Arizona was sick! -longest TD run of his career.
Beast Quake 2.0.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...east-quake-2-0

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-21-2014 at 07:24 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:46 AM   #1105
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts

Lockette blocked 4 people on that play...

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #1106
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts

I died
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:26 AM   #1107

That PI call reversal... like I don't even know wtf to say
Old 01-05-2015, 05:42 AM   #1108
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That PI call reversal... like I don't even know wtf to say
That was complete bs
Old 01-05-2015, 05:44 AM   #1109

I'm the last one who would ever bring up conspiracy theories, but this is the Cowboys so how can you not?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #1110
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
I'm the last one who would ever bring up conspiracy theories, but this is the Cowboys so how can you not?
Me either, I don't think there was anything to it just a really horrible decision by the linesman saying from his angle that he didn't think the contact warranted a PI call, but it doesn't help that the NFL already took issue with the head of officiating being photographed on the Cowboys party bus earlier this year, just bad optics.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #1111

I think if two refs say two different things, there should be a video review. Yes that slows the game down but there are a million TV timeouts every game anyway
Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #1112
RS.net PIMP

With the way PI calls effect the game nowdays, I think it should be challengeable by the coaches.

I'm actually more surprised that idiot Dez Bryant didn't get a flag for running onto the field from the sideline with his helmet off to argue with the ref when the initial flag was tossed.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #1113
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Go Patriots! What a game between the Patriots and the Ravens! Brady's playoff experience and some timely interceptions by the secondary were the difference in the game.

Flacco is one heck of a quarterback. New England is the first team in postseason history to win a playoff game after being down 2 touchdowns twice in a game. This game could have gone either team's way.

Thank goodness for Gronkowski. Baltimore had no answer for him.

Edelman's gamechanging TD pass to Amendola. That Kent State QB experience paid off today:

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-10-2015 at 04:47 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2015, 05:02 AM   #1114

That game took 6 months off my life. FUCK

If only the Ravens' secondary wasn't made of 7th and 8th stringers, and guys that teams re-signed to their practice squad to avoid letting them get signed...
Old 01-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #1115
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
It was a great game and I was going crazy when the Pats got that final pick. My buddies always give me the gears for being a Pats fan and I love it when they win in games like that
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 09:02 AM   #1116

When you say you're a Pats Fan, you mean once a year in January right?
Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #1117
In RS I Trust

Quote:
When you say you're a Pats Fan, you mean once a year in January right?
Year round Pats fan for 15 or so years... I have Jerseys, hoodies, toques and a flag above my TV during the whole football season and my Fantasy football teams called Patriots #1!!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #1118
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
What is everyone's take on the Dez Byant catch yesterday?

I'm not a Dallas fan at all, but thought he got robbed on that one. Looked to me like he had control of the ball and was reaching for the TD... I'd be choked if I were a fan lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #1119
In RS I Trust

That was a catch and a complete BS call.. I hate the Cowboys as well
Old 01-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Year round Pats fan for 15 or so years... I have Jerseys, hoodies, toques and a flag above my TV during the whole football season and my Fantasy football teams called Patriots #1!!
Your friends are dickholes then, if they give you shit. I only hate bandwagon pats fans. If you're a true fan of the team... must be nice... Enjoy it while it lasts

As for the Bryant catch, that was total bullshit. He caught the ball and stretched out to try to make the touchdown. How is that not a "football move"?

Totally blown call
Old 01-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #1121
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Your friends are dickholes then, if they give you shit. I only hate bandwagon pats fans. If you're a true fan of the team... must be nice... Enjoy it while it lasts

As for the Bryant catch, that was total bullshit. He caught the ball and stretched out to try to make the touchdown. How is that not a "football move"?

Totally blown call
They just give me shit cause they hate the Pats but I did receive a number of texts on Sat after the win congratulating me.

I'm never a bandwagon fan which is a reason why I hate the shithawks so much!!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #1122

Well the "shithawks" are my #2 team so it'll be interesting if I get another chance to cheer against the Pats
Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #1123
In RS I Trust

I honestly think no team can compete with the Hawks right now. They are playing so good as a team and are so strong in all aspects even the sexy Tom Brady doesn't have enough firepower around him to compete.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #1124

The only thing that concerns me is their offence's tendency to have slow starts... A slow start against Carolina or St Louis is one thing... A slow start against NE or GB would be disastrous
Old 01-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #1125
In RS I Trust

That I agree with, if they get in a hole quick they might not be able to get out unlike the Pats which is the best come from behind team in the league.