REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #1176
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Yes since 2003
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #1177
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

The one thing no one seems to bring up about this deflating scandal is, What about the bals that the Colts used?

like did the NFL only grabbed the 12 pats balls? What about the colts? Were their balls also deflated? Seems like this story is soo overblown. Everyone is assuming pats are guilty before the facts are out.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #1178
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
The one thing no one seems to bring up about this deflating scandal is, What about the bals that the Colts used?

like did the NFL only grabbed the 12 pats balls? What about the colts? Were their balls also deflated? Seems like this story is soo overblown. Everyone is assuming pats are guilty before the facts are out.
Obviously this doesn't mean that it's impossible that the Colts or any other team used deflated balls. But they probably didn't. The fact is, the Patriots did, and it was brought up after an interception and confirmed later that they were under-inflated by 2 psi. This was after they were warmed up too, so they would have been even more deflated during the game.

Someone dug up a player interview from an earlier game, and it was brought up in passing back then. After 2 interceptions, they noticed that Brady was using under-inflated balls.

This isn't a "huge deal" as in it won the game for them. However it's a big enough deal because they were cheating, probably against the Ravens and every other visiting team they played. A lot of which were close games (obviously the Ravens game, and the Jets game earlier which won them home advantage). They basically cheated enough to get into the Super Bowl, and it needs to be addressed.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #1179

what i meant was for the AFC championship game, did the league collect the balls that the Colts were using too. If both teams have deflated balls, perhaps it can be blamed on the weather or some other unknown factors - or both were deflating it on purpose. But if they also compared the Colts balls and patriots balls from the same game and one team is different, than yes we have a real issue.

reports are out that its fairly common place for deflating to happen.

Insider Buzz: Deflating Footballs Is 'Commonplace' Around the NFL | Bleacher Report

disclaimer : im a seahawks fan, and my take on this is it isnt a big deal. yes its a concern but its way overblown and its taking attention away from the superbowl.

We dont know for sure if they cheated against the ravens or any other team. Ravens intercepted brady during that game too.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:28 PM   #1180

Quote:
what i meant was for the AFC championship game, did the league collect the balls that the Colts were using too. If both teams have deflated balls, perhaps it can be blamed on the weather or some other unknown factors - or both were deflating it on purpose. But if they also compared the Colts balls and patriots balls from the same game and one team is different, than yes we have a real issue.

reports are out that its fairly common place for deflating to happen.

Insider Buzz: Deflating Footballs Is 'Commonplace' Around the NFL | Bleacher Report

disclaimer : im a seahawks fan, and my take on this is it isnt a big deal. yes its a concern but its way overblown and its taking attention away from the superbowl.

We dont know for sure if they cheated against the ravens or any other team. Ravens intercepted brady during that game too.
Yes, the Colts balls were fine. It was that Patriots balls (11 of them) that were under-inflated.

It wasn't the weather, they were cheating. Like they often do

Nope, we don't know if they were cheating against the Ravens, or they only did it against the Colts (twice this season). Maybe they just didn't notice, or maybe they weren't cheating that game...
Old 01-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yes, the Colts balls were fine. It was that Patriots balls (11 of them) that were under-inflated.

It wasn't the weather, they were cheating. Like they often do

Nope, we don't know if they were cheating against the Ravens, or they only did it against the Colts (twice this season). Maybe they just didn't notice, or maybe they weren't cheating that game...
say they did cheated, what will happen? I dont think the league can even find proof of tempering.

It's impossible to prove anything. How do you know the refs properly inspected the balls? yea i know they mark them and all, but how do you know it was properly inspected and not just marked because the refs got lazy and didnt properly check it?
Maybe the balls were not properly inspected by the refs? for example, the refs didnt even know it was deflated until after the interception.

Unless they find clear evidence that someone tampered with the balls from the patriots organization, i dont think the league can do anything. The balls could be deflated without Bill even knowing about it.

However if they did find solid evidence, I think draft picks and maximum fine should be the penalty.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #1182
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
they replaced the balls at half time so the balls didn't matter... They might of been the issue why the Pats didn't start blowing the game wide open until the second half
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #1183

^ i honestly think people are just haters of the patriots.

Honestly, I am very jealous of their organization, quality drafting, management, coaching, play selection. innovation (the eligible/ineligible linemens) etc

I actually think the pats might beat the seahawks and if that happens, i wont have sour grapes and I will congratulate you, because they deserved the win. and no it wasnt because of deflated balls or what not.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2015, 09:19 PM   #1184

deflated balls aside, lets talk real football.

i think weaknesses that the patriots have is their O-line protecting brady against a 4-man rush. the only time they lose big games is when the other team can bring pressure without blitzing.

Look at the giants superbowl wins, brady had no time and their receivers couldnt get open. same with the ravens game 2 years ago.

Not only do the seahawks have an awesome front 4, but their secondary is the best in the business. if the Pats WR cant get open, brady will be forced to take the sack or throw incompletions or picks.

I think wagner and the linemens are given too much credit and are beatable by the likes of gronk etc.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #1185

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Quote:
deflated balls aside, lets talk real football.

i think weaknesses that the patriots have is their O-line protecting brady against a 4-man rush. the only time they lose big games is when the other team can bring pressure without blitzing.

Look at the giants superbowl wins, brady had no time and their receivers couldnt get open. same with the ravens game 2 years ago.

Not only do the seahawks have an awesome front 4, but their secondary is the best in the business. if the Pats WR cant get open, brady will be forced to take the sack or throw incompletions or picks.

I think wagner and the linemens are given too much credit and are beatable by the likes of gronk etc.
If you are discussing gameplans against the Seahawks, the Patriots coaching staff will keep the Seattle D guessing with their trick plays, no huddle offense, and the running game.

New England's offence is not all about Brady. Their RB LeGarrette Blount is a big guy who can run the ball. He's no Marshaun Lynch, but he's not a weak sauce running back.

The offensive strategy that the Patriots use can also be about changing the tempo of the game. - really think that they will use no huddle offence to push the pace and wear down Seattle.

As for trick plays, Edelmann can certainly pass the ball even though he's a wide receiver. His QB experience at Kent State was in display during the Ravens game when he threw for a touchdown.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-21-2015 at 10:03 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #1186

Quote:

However if they did find solid evidence, I think draft picks and maximum fine should be the penalty.
This, if anything, is all it would be. More likely it'll be added to the list of "can't prove anything " cheats that the Pats have gained over the years.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #1187
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' hard enough.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:48 AM   #1188

Quote:
As it turns out, it was the Ravens who told the Colts to look out for it...

Deflategate: Baltimore Ravens tipped off Indianapolis Colts about New England Patriots' deflating footballs | FOX Sports
Old 01-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #1189
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
If you are discussing gameplans against the Seahawks, the Patriots coaching staff will keep the Seattle D guessing with their trick plays, no huddle offense, and the running game.
Green Bay tried a "trick play" late in the game by putting in only three rushers with the Hawks pinned back at third and a mile... and that didn't really work out so well for them, did it?

That's the thing with trick plays - gotta be careful you don't trick yourself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #1190
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Just a heads up or anyone who hasn't yet placed bets.

Bet Back Bonus on first or last touchdown is for any successful coach challenge in the game.

Lynch is 7.25:1 - the most favored player to score first and last in the game.

Obviously a risky bet, but you gotta pay to play.

---

Spreads are a little fucked, but if you think seattle is going to win, well then you have a chance to make a few bucks.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #1191
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Using Current Odds right Now I have a few ones I'm betting on.

Total Passing Yards Brady 260.5 UNDER even right now (I think they run the ball more with Blount then risk throwing it to the Secondary).

Total Rushing Yards Blount 62.4 OVER for -115 (Rely on the running game to chew up clock and avoid throwing it to the LOB)

Will Russell Wilson (SEA) score a Rushing TD in the game YES +200 (Hawks receivers are average at best Kearse, Baldwin they were locked up during most of the game against the Packers and with Revis and Browner on the other side for the Patriots I think they'll use more read option.

Total Receptions - Luke Willson (SEA) 2.5 OVER -135 (With the receivers having a hard time getting open I think Russell will look to throw it more towards Luke especially on check downs as a security blanket.

TOTAL POINTS SCORED 48.5 UNDER -115 (Both pass defences are in the top 5 in the NFL, I'm expecting a low scoring game 24-21. Revis and Browner for the Patriots should stifle Baldwin and Kearse, I'm worried about Shermans elbow and Thomas III shoulder without those two Brady is going to put up points

Last edited by Sir_Loin; 01-22-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #1192
In RS I Trust

I'm really thinking about putting down $50 for Blount to win the MVP. He has some pretty decent odds.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #1193
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin View Post
Total Rushing Yards Blount 62.4 OVER for -115 (Rely on the running game to chew up clock and avoid throwing it to the LOB)
I'm stealing this bet... Cause that's a great one I never saw.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #1194

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I'm stealing this bet... Cause that's a great one I never saw.
I'm worried about is if Blount gets injured early on the game or if he fumbles or is ineffective and Belichick pulls him for Jonas Gray or Vereen wouldn't surprise me.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm really thinking about putting down $50 for Blount to win the MVP. He has some pretty decent odds.
Last time a RB won the SB MVP was 1998. Even then I think Marshawn Lynch has a higher chance to win MVP compared to Blount, gets more carries bigger name more recognizable. If the Seattle pulls out the win I think it'll have more to do with Marshawn ( No star/stud receiver it'll lesson the chances of Wilson winning it too) then say if NE pulls the win Brady will get more credit than Blount. With how good both teams pass defence, I don't see either QB having an MVP type stat game.

Marshawn Lynch 4/1
Rob Gronkowski 9/1

TE has never won the SB MVP but I think Gronkowski has a shot, I think Gronk has a good shot against Chancellor and a banged up Thomas.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #1196
In RS I Trust

I think they will double cover Gronk since they will be so worried about him which will leave room open for the other wideout's. All I know is I'm very excited and can't wait until the smack talking is over and we get to see the talk on the field.

I'm very curious how media day will go for Lynch tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:21 PM   #1197

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I think they will double cover Gronk since they will be so worried about him which will leave room open for the other wideout's. All I know is I'm very excited and can't wait until the smack talking is over and we get to see the talk on the field.

I'm very curious how media day will go for Lynch tomorrow.

+1. The Patriots will let their performance on the field do the talking on Sunday. -getting so tired of the media focussing some of their questions on "Deflategate".

Everything is left on the field on Sunday.

In fact, this "deflategate" can give the Patriots a little extra motivation, that turbo boost heading into the game. Prove to the haters who's boss.

Super Bowl: Brady on how mentally tough the Patriots are - Video - TSN

Marshaun Lynch on media day? Yeah.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-26-2015 at 07:30 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #1198

Looks like the Patriots found their fall guy...
Old 01-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #1199
In RS I Trust

Media day is great lol

Marshawn Lynch: 'I'm just here so I won't get fined' - NFL Videos
Old 01-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #1200

Yeah they threatened him with a $500K fine if he doesn't show up

They also said if he ever touches his crotch, it'll be a 15 yard penalty

He was the most fined player last year, all for innocuous things like not talking at interviews, or grabbing his crotch. This league is so retarded sometimes.