REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #176
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
That's what everyone said last week

No really, I am realistic about the chances. I'm not stupid... but damn it can still happen! Football is just so insane. The Denver game wouldn't have even been so close if they had not given up two special teams TDs. Would have been 28-21 instead.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #177
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,580 Times in 4,297 Posts
No questions asked and you are so right about football. Any given Sunday anything can happen thats what makers it so exciting. Being a huge Pats fan I'm happy Brady doesn't fold under pressure like Manning does most years in the playoffs.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #178
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

if anyone is beating the pats it may as well be the ravens. aside from last year i think the ravens (mostly the same team still) have been the ones to knock new england out the previous years. either way i am calling a superbowl winner from the AFC.
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #179
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Ravens and Patriots has a good rivalry.

Hope the 49ers and Ravens face each other in the finals so Kaepernick or Ray Lewis has a chance to with the SB
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #180
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
What are your thoughts for picks this weekend?

Right now i'm thinking BAL because I don't believe NE will cover the spread. ATL/SF, I hate the 49ers but if ATL had trouble against Wilson, I feel like Kaepernick will be that much better.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #181

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
-picking New England and San Francisco to play in New Orleans.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #182

Despite the Ravens strong defense and Flacco's ability to make the big play with the long passes, I still think the New England offense will win this game.

In particular, the Patriots running game will prevail over the Ravens defense. NFL.com article:

Offensively, I anticipate the Patriots will run the football. Counting the playoffs, the Baltimore defense has allowed 2,242 yards rushing this season. New England has scored the most rushing touchdowns this season. Offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels will exercise the running option without slowing the game down. No catching of breath, Ray Lewis.

Championship Sunday forecast: 49ers, Patriots to hit Super Bowl - NFL.com

When the Patriots run their no huddle offense, and pick up the pace of play calling, I think the Ravens defense will wear down.

I agree with the article writer about Ridley and Shane Vereen. These running backs are gonna be game changers on Sunday.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
What are your thoughts for picks this weekend?

Right now i'm thinking BAL because I don't believe NE will cover the spread. ATL/SF, I hate the 49ers but if ATL had trouble against Wilson, I feel like Kaepernick will be that much better.
A agree that even if the Pats win, it won't be by much. Look what the Ravens did to the Bronco's defense last week, and the Pats D isn't even as good... It is going to be a high scoring game, and I will probably pull out a few handfuls of hair
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #184
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
They're fucking doing it!!!!!!!!!
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #185

THEY'VE FUCKING DONE IT!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #186

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Been a Ravens fan since I was a kid, glad to see them get a great team win today. 3 of my supported teams(Ravens, Seahawks and Patriots) all having/had a great season.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #187
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

CTV cutting into the post-game right when the speech of a paraplegic special advisor who needed a voicebox to speak for a cycle of commericals waiting for Hawaii Five-O to start. Fuck Canadian coverage.

On a better note, this Super Bowl has so many storylines it's ridiculous. Harbaugh-bowl, Ray Lewis, Kaepernick being a rookie QB...it's delicious for sports fans.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #188

Some of the credit for the Ravens victory should go to their offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell. He changed the offensive strategy during halftime, put the football in the hands of Flacco to throw the football on first down.

Ravens' defense completely shut down Brady and the Pats defense in the second half. -They did a fine job of reading Brady's eyes, then timing their jumps and putting their hands in the air to deflect his passes.

The Patriots defense was so concerned with Flacco's long passes to his receivers like Smith that they didn't cover receivers well enough for shorter passes. The other Ray, Ray Rice, is a beast when it comes to giving out the straight arm in the red zone in order to get TDs.

Will Ray Lewis retire with a second Superbowl ring?

I'm a diehard Patriots fan. -watching today's game was really hard until the bitter end. That being said, I will be cheering for the Ravens because 1) hope to see No. 52 win a second Superbowl and b) love cheering for teams that play their best football against adversity. Baltimore faced injuries to key players, like Lewis, throughout the season. Then they switched to a different offensive coordinator in Caldwell.
They overcame so many tests and adverse moments this year to go to New Orleans.

Are the Ravens a team of destiny in Superbowl 47?

The Harbaugh parents must be jumping off their couch now, seeing both their boys coaching in the Superbowl.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #189
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,580 Times in 4,297 Posts
Couldn't of said it better myself
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
On a better note, this Super Bowl has so many storylines it's ridiculous. Harbaugh-bowl, Ray Lewis, Kaepernick being a rookie QB...it's delicious for sports fans.
Kaepernick isn't a rook; it's his second year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Couldn't of said it better myself
o da irony.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #191

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
"Does flacco or karpernick winning a super bowl make them elite?"

A lot of credits goes to 49er's D
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #192
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Kaepernick isn't a rook; it's his second year.
By years yeah, but in terms of starting he's still a rookie who got limited snaps in his first year. So by most standards he's still basically a rookie anyways
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #193
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #194

Old 01-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #195

I have to say, the first half was pretty nerve racking. Even though the defense didn't bite on the quick snap tricks at all, they weren't going anywhere offensively. The whole "run twice throw long" that worked so well with them against Denver didn't do shit here.

Then after Talib went down they changed it up, and Joe showed that he isn't just a "big armed oaf" as one writer put it last week. They adjusted perfectly, with midrange plays mixed up with fantastic running by all their backs and Boldin being the fucking BOSS.

Fucking awesome defense as well. Just AWESOME. I do think Whelker was hurt, probably a concussion. He looked wobbly, and when he missed that pass, that seemed to be the end of any momentum their offense had.

What a great game! Kind of worried about the 49ers, but Kaepernick really chokes at the start of each game, so it's possible that he' could choke for a full game this time

Also this was fucked up

Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #196
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
hahaha someones mad the Ravens won

Quote:
WES WELKER'S WIFE
Rips Ray Lewis --
He's a TERRIBLE PERSON

12:00 PM PT -- Anna just posted an apology ... "I apologize to Ray Lewis and his family for my comments. In no way did I mean for them to be mean or hurtful. I'm embarrassed for being a sore loser. I wish Ray and the Ravens good luck. Lesson learned!"

Wes Welker's wife hates Ray Lewis ... and not just because the Ravens beat the Patriots yesterday ... it's 'cause she thinks he's a terrible human being ... and she made her feelings known on Facebook.

After Sunday's AFC Championship game ... Anna Burns Welker went to her Facebook page and posted the following message:

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

The post has since been deleted.

FYI -- Lewis was charged with murder back in 2000 for his involvement in a fight that resulted in two deadly stabbings ... but the murder charge was dropped as part of a plea deal.

Oh yeah, the four wives thing ... Lewis has never been married -- but he does have six kids with four different women.

And you don't want to get on his bad side.

Fact is, Anna should've known better -- because last year after the Super Bowl, Tom Brady's wife Gisele Bundchen blasted Wes Welker for dropping a key pass ... and people trashed her for it.

The lesson ... when NFL wives talk, people listen.

Read more: Wes Welker's Wife Rips Ray Lewis -- He's a TERRIBLE PERSON | TMZ.com
TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #197
I don't get it

awesome win by the ravens yesterday. shoulda bet a hell of a lot more money than i did on that game.

cant wait for the 3rd. gonna take the ravens at +4 as i think the ravens will take this game too
Cassijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #198
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Damn.... Upset about the pats loss but the ravens where the better team last night. Going to be a dope Super Bowl lot of stories around this one.
Posted via RS Mobile

Hopped onto the 9ers wagon haha liking them over the ravens
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 AM   #199

49ers send-off:

Ravens send-off

Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #200

Your thoughts about the offense and defence strategies that the 49ers and Ravens will use on Sunday?

-just a few random thoughts as I was thinking about what the coaches might do:

Running game: This will be a very interesting game within the game. Ray Rice vs. Frank Gore. If I'm the Ravens defensive coordinator, I'm gonna get my defense to do everything they can to confuse Kaepernick when he calls his plays. -give him different looks on defense, blitz him, and contain Kaepernick to make him a pocket passer.

This QB is less effective when he's not given the opportunity to run the ball. If the Ravens defence can make him stay in the pocket to throw passes, put pressure on him, and use their arms to try to block his passes, Baltimore's chances for a Superbowl will improve.

The Ravens defensive line will also try to clog up running lanes to prevent Gore from running.

Ravens' defense (D-line and secondary) and 49ers offense:

Ray Lewis and Ellerbe could also drop back in their positioning so that they have more time and space to make a zone read, -prevent huge gains by the 49ers when the QB throws the ball.

Time of possession will also be key to winning the Superbowl for both games. That's why I think the running backs will play a big role for both teams.

That being said, Kaepernick can also lead quick scoring drives down the field with his strong throwing arm.
49ers might use a mixed tempo of quick scoring plays to go down the field and use the running plays to increase time of possession to wear down the older Baltimore players.

The Ravens' defensive backs will need to have a huge game to stop the 49ers receivers.

X-Factor: Tight end Vernon Davis.

He's my pick as one of the key players on the 49ers offense to help the team win the Superbowl.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-29-2013 at 10:09 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote