REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-17-2021, 04:06 PM   #2201
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
After dealing with Steelers fans (and players) all this time, and Titans fans (really the worst, I've never seen so much racist shit thrown around before), it was fun to duel with Bills fans. Dudes kill you with kindness, and would be humble in defeat

And how about Lamar after the game, signing autographs for fans after losing the game and going out with a concussion?

This is part of why it's important to not just be "good at football". Having good personalities on a team makes them so much easier to root for and like. Though you got to have some of those edgy guys too; guys who opponents love to hate, and fans hate to love... Looking at Marcus Peters here lol
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2021, 05:31 PM   #2202

Saints aren't going to put Jameis in on Brees' last home game, and they'll lose because of it
Old 01-17-2021, 08:27 PM   #2203
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I hope Mahomes recovers quickly. Even if he does. No way he 100%
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:07 PM   #2204

If he's not 100% I don't se how he'll be able to play at all. They are (or at least should be) extremely strict with their concussion protocol. And unlike Lamar's concussion, Patrick's was very visible and dramatic, right in front of everyone. It would be practically impossible to "sweep it under the rug" if he gets hurt again.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:38 AM   #2205
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If he's not 100% I don't se how he'll be able to play at all. They are (or at least should be) extremely strict with their concussion protocol. And unlike Lamar's concussion, Patrick's was very visible and dramatic, right in front of everyone. It would be practically impossible to "sweep it under the rug" if he gets hurt again.
I think Mahomey is playing next week against the Bills.

He made a clever hashtag on Twitter after the concussion. He said that he "feels great".

#HenneThingIsPossible
Old 01-18-2021, 07:41 AM   #2206

Yea. He'll definitely be playing.

Every NFL playoff. I'm on the edge of my seat. The games are just so intense/ exciting
Old 01-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #2207
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
So glad Sean Peyton's team choked again. I don't mind Brees but I cannot stand Peyton.

Since I'm shitting on the Saints, Alvin Kamara isn't even a top 5 RB in the NFL he's a decent player in the best possible situation for him and he's taking advantage of the situation for sure but put him on almost any other team and his production falls off huge. Saints run a good system and have great play calling for using a back in space.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:06 AM   #2208

Looks like what happened to Mahomes was more like a jiujitsu choke than a head slamming concussion. He'll be playing next week

This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #2209

Do you guy believe that though? I don't but I'm glad he playing Sunday

Perhaps his throwing arm will be affected?
Old 01-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Do you guy believe that though? I don't but I'm glad he playing Sunday

Perhaps his throwing arm will be affected?
If it's a nerve yeah, they'll numb that area of his body. If it's a concussion and not a nerve contrary to what's being reported he'll play as well. If he doesn't play he'd have to be in really terrible shape.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 01-18-2021, 04:39 PM   #2211

Yeah depends on if it's a nerve (the same thing that Cam Chancellor had to retire) or just a fluke choke out. For the sake of football I hope it's not serious. Even if you're a fan of any other team, you'd hate to see it. Dude is shaping up to be the next best QB since Brady.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #2212

So let's say he can't play for a year or 2 years etc... Does he still get his 50 mill a year?
Old 01-18-2021, 10:19 PM   #2213

Another tweet liked by Robinson

Dude really wants to go to Baltimore but he better not expect a blank check to get there lol.. If anything he'd need to pass up better offers elsewhere

I can see the Patriots offering a lot to bring him in
Old 01-24-2021, 04:47 PM   #2214

Missed opportunities for the Packers to win the NFC championship. When Brady throws three straight INTs, Green Bay needs to score more than just 6 points from turnovers!

The Packers coach makes a questionable decision on 4th down late in the game. A field goal instead of going for it on fourth down?

-wasted a good game by Aaron Rodgers. He has one year left on his contract.

That Packers receiver drops the ball when the Packers decide to go for the 2 point convert after scoring a touchdown. Again, missed opportunities to get more points in this game.

The Bucs defense made huge plays in this game. If Brady keeps throwing picks in the Superbowl, Tampa Bay is going to be the first NFL team to host a Superbowl and lose the big game.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:25 PM   #2215

Brady is going to get a lot of credit for the win, but this game was all about the Bucs dominant defense. I've been following the Bucs because many of my favorite non-Ravens are on that team - JPP, Mike Evans, Ryan Jensen (loved that tough bastard on the Ravens, wish they could have afforded to keep him) and their D has been good to great all year (with ups and downs). Everyone talks about Brady, but they are a complete team.

Brady almost threw the game away literally, but the defense stepped up.

4th down FG was weird, but they got stopped anyway so I guess it doesn't matter

As for the Chiefs, my god it's frustrating when you're cheering for their opponent. Everything they do on offense just seems automatic. With the Bills defense the way it is, the only way they stood a chance is if Allen played out of his mind and won in a shootout. That didn't happen, and he had some plays that looked similar to last year when he threw the game away vs the Texans. This one wasn't all on him this time, but they didn't stand a chance unless he played perfect.

I'm kind of already sick of the Chiefs so I'll be cheering for Brady weirdly enough. He's so much more likeable when he's not on the cheating Patriots and his teammates are way more likeable now (AB notwithstanding). I almost always root for the underdog anyway, and I assume somehow he's the underdog this time.

GO BUCS!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 10:48 AM   #2216

That 4th down field goal was one of the worst calls I've seen in a playoff game sans that moron Pete Carroll passing on the goal line when they had the best RB in the league at the time.

It made no sense, you go for it and get stuffed oh well you're still only down by a score (obviously need two point conversion) but you have them pinned deep. Kicking a field goal didn't do much, sure now you can win with a TD but you still have to get the ball back and you still have to drive the field.

Dumb is dumb, Packer fans going to be crying about the Pass Interference on 3rd down to close out the game and I kind of understand because nothing had been called all game but that was blatant as blatant can be so I have no issue with the refs calling it. Packer fan needs to be pissed off at Matt LaFleur, he was either drunk or he bet the over.

Brady played one of his worst games of the year, I don't expect him to play that bad in two weeks. That Bucs D is a force for sure, I'm not saying their going to win although I'll be rooting for them I just hope it's a good game.

Old 01-25-2021, 06:07 PM   #2217

Who got money on Bucs?
Who got money on Chiefs?

I'm undecided
Old 01-25-2021, 06:56 PM   #2218

You can make cases either way... Chiefs offense looks completely automatic. Bucs will have to hold them to 30, and hope their offense can step up unlike the Bills. Arians won't play scared like McDermott; going for field goals against the Chiefs only serves to make it look like a closer loss. Brady obviously can't serve up 3 interceptions, because unlike the Packers, the Chiefs aren't going to net 3 points on 3 picks

On the other hand, Fisher going out is huge. No Schwartz, no Fisher, and with JPP and Barrett playing lights out, and Vea back and hopefully even more healthy... They should be able to get pressure on Mahomes. If they can do that without having to blitz, it's going to be very good for them.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #2219

Deshaun Watson is gone from the Texans. He officially asked for a trade 2 weeks ago, and there's no going back from that.

In the meantime, Texans hired their head coach. David Culley who has never coached before at 65 years old. Yup, the Ravens WR coach/pass game coordinator. Ravens pass game you say? Last in the league? Yup that guy. Former WR coach for the Chiefs? The team that had ZERO WR touchdowns for an entire season? Yup, same guy

Oh and the Ravens get two extra 3rd round draft picks for losing a black coach

If you guys don't know the deal with the Texans, it is actually an INSANE story. They basically have a Joel Osteen character who is in the owner's and GM's ear for all top decisions. A guy with zero football knowledge (he was hired by the Texans and before that the Patriots to be the motivational chaplain)

There is pretty much a Littlefinger situation happening in the NFL, and it has led to the team giving away Nuk Hopkins and now Deshaun. Oh and refusing to work with Duane Brown who was holding out (remember, Easterby is the one negotiating with players), only to trade him away and sign similarly skilled Laremy Tunsil for more money.

That's the massive TLDR but this is the article you'll want to read to get caught up
Old 01-30-2021, 06:14 AM   #2220

Old 01-30-2021, 10:01 PM   #2221

Holy shit the Rams got Matthew "Don't call me Matt" Stafford!

So NFCW now has Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Matthew Stafford, and Jimmy G.... 49ers better spend whatever it takes to get Deshaun Watson
Old 02-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #2222

Aaron Rodgers is enjoying his off season with a case of beer in the back of a team mate's pickup truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-01-2021 at 01:08 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #2223

Has Rodgers confirmed it was him and not some random fan that looks like him?
Old 02-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #2224

Super bowl kickoff is Almost underway!

A generational matchup between Mahomey and Brady. Baby Yoda vs older Yoda.

The big matchup in this Super Bowl that could decide the game is the Chiefs’ injured offensive line vs the Buccaneers defence.

Which team wins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #2225

No Schwartz or Fisher, here's the results! What I didn't expect was KC's defense to crumble like that. Going to take some epic coaching at half time to calm them down