REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:07 PM   #2776
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Another favourite non Raven visits the team

They need this guy BAD

Got him! He had all the leverage and ran up his price lol... Good for him!

Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:49 AM   #2777

So Ravens are down to their #4 LT, so get ready for a lot of 77 standing around while Lamar picks himself up off the ground
Old 09-25-2022, 09:57 AM   #2778

Patriots coverage is insanely good
Old 09-25-2022, 12:14 PM   #2779

WOW glad our game ended in time to see the Bills/Dolphins finish! Holy shit!

And the Minny game too!

And the Colts beat the Chiefs! I wasn't sure when the Colts would ever win a game, but I sure wouldn't have picked the Chiefs... It looked like Mahomes and Bienemy almost got into a fight at the half... Mahomes wanted to go for it, Bienemy was good with a 4 point lead. Oops
Old 09-25-2022, 06:02 PM   #2780
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Mac Jones has a left ankle injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2022, 06:48 PM   #2781
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Real yawner on SNF ... Russell Wilson looking at his worst.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:02 AM   #2782

Broncos game started out OK but yeah.. Rough stuff. The fun part about Broncos games is their fans are so quick to turn on their team.

Can't say I was a fan of Mac Jones talking shit to Queen after the TD.. Like you almost gave up a pick 6 on the 1 yard line and you're talking shit and dancing around? (even though the near pick wasn't his fault, I'm not too used to 2nd year players acting like that) And that flop trying to draw a penalty for an out of bounds hit.. IMO the NFL should have a rule similar to NHL where they call people for trying to draw a penalty by flopping around. Thankfully not many players do that, because as we saw, it's hard to get away with.

Jones did a good job of picking on the Ravens weakness with the longer throws to #1 for the first half, but aside from that, pretty rough game. He must still have a bad back right? He sees ghosts when the pressure is coming, and just throws it up to whoever.

Injuries always ALWAYS suck though no matter what. Will it be time to unleash Hoyer The Destroyer? I see Patriots "fans" on twitter and reddit saying the team is better off, and I just want to say: Fuck those fans. You don't EVER cheer for players getting injured, especially on your own team.

I have to credit Faalele.. He was given a tall task and while extremely shaky at the start, the OC Roman gave him the help he needed and was very clean for the rest of the game. Definitely don't want to count on him yet, but as a project he shows promise. Dude is fucking MASSIVE and you can't teach that. Everything else, you can

Afternoon game was Jags vs Chargers. Jags legit af today. They look like a real football team! Really fun defense to watch, so fun to follow. Fucking excellent run and pass blocking, some amazing throws by Lawrence, great running by Etienne. I couldn't be happier to have them as my dog team to follow this year!

Best part of them dominating possession is not having to hear commentary slober all over Herbert for 2 hours.

Also checked out the second half of Brady vs Rod---- err I mean Buccaneers vs Packers. Quite the defensive battle in the second half.. Not a lot of offense, but still an exciting game. It's early of course, but Brady is averaging 1 TD per game right now.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #2783

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Broncos game started out OK but yeah.. Rough stuff. The fun part about Broncos games is their fans are so quick to turn on their team.

Can't say I was a fan of Mac Jones talking shit to Queen after the TD.. Like you almost gave up a pick 6 on the 1 yard line and you're talking shit and dancing around? (even though the near pick wasn't his fault, I'm not too used to 2nd year players acting like that) And that flop trying to draw a penalty for an out of bounds hit.. IMO the NFL should have a rule similar to NHL where they call people for trying to draw a penalty by flopping around. Thankfully not many players do that, because as we saw, it's hard to get away with.

Jones did a good job of picking on the Ravens weakness with the longer throws to #1 for the first half, but aside from that, pretty rough game. He must still have a bad back right? He sees ghosts when the pressure is coming, and just throws it up to whoever.

Injuries always ALWAYS suck though no matter what. Will it be time to unleash Hoyer The Destroyer? I see Patriots "fans" on twitter and reddit saying the team is better off, and I just want to say: Fuck those fans. You don't EVER cheer for players getting injured, especially on your own team.

I have to credit Faalele.. He was given a tall task and while extremely shaky at the start, the OC Roman gave him the help he needed and was very clean for the rest of the game. Definitely don't want to count on him yet, but as a project he shows promise. Dude is fucking MASSIVE and you can't teach that. Everything else, you can

Afternoon game was Jags vs Chargers. Jags legit af today. They look like a real football team! Really fun defense to watch, so fun to follow. Fucking excellent run and pass blocking, some amazing throws by Lawrence, great running by Etienne. I couldn't be happier to have them as my dog team to follow this year!

Best part of them dominating possession is not having to hear commentary slober all over Herbert for 2 hours.

Also checked out the second half of Brady vs Rod---- err I mean Buccaneers vs Packers. Quite the defensive battle in the second half.. Not a lot of offense, but still an exciting game. It's early of course, but Brady is averaging 1 TD per game right now.
Skinnypup, Mac is a kid. He's a second year QB. I would give him some time to mature as a man hahaha.

Speaking of talking shit, why is Cheeto, fat ass Trump making comments to the media about him talking to the Jets manager and coach?

Jets come up with a big comeback win over the Browns and all of a sudden Trumpty Dumpty starts making strange comments about the Jets and Browns game?

Since when was Cheeto a football fan?

Cheeto is trying to stay relevant by talking about the NFL? ahhahhahhha

Trumpty should stay in his lane and avoid the NFL talk. Stick with golf.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #2784

That's fair, he has some maturing to do. Usually great QBs don't get too cocky until they've proven themselves though... Baker pretty much lost the locker room and coaches for being that way without proving himself first.

Let your play do the talking for 5 or 10 seasons, then after that you can be Aaron Rodgers and tell players and fans you own their team

Sounds like his injury is a sprain not a break, so he might not even have to go on IR. So that's good news for sure. It'll probably be Hoyer The Destroyer against the Packers next week tho
Old 09-26-2022, 07:52 PM   #2785

Giants/Cowboys was as boring as I expected. Picked up a bit after the half though

Giants being 3-0 would have been just wrong, so this was the correct result
Old 09-29-2022, 09:47 AM   #2786
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
I am super worried about my Broncos... they cannot score and Wilson has been pretty awful. It's not a good thing when your punter wins the game for you.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:10 PM   #2787

#LetRussCook
Old 09-29-2022, 05:30 PM   #2788

If you're watching TNF, Tua just landed hard on his back and head and had one of the sickest looking concussions I think I've ever seen. And I've watched a lot of MMA

If it's not a concussion, I am kind of freaking out at what it might be instead
Old 09-29-2022, 08:50 PM   #2789

Watched the play ... pretty gnarly and freaky. His left hand locked up ... yikes! Hope he'll be fine ... it was a pretty clean play. Tackle rag dolled him though.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:10 PM   #2790

The big concern people have is whether his injury last week was a concussion.. They say it wasn't, but it really looks like he got knocked out. Whether he passed an actual concussion protocol, or they somehow avoided it by saying it was a back injury, this could end up being a big story.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:40 PM   #2791

So far today ...

1. Philly looking good as a team. Still undefeated.
2. Took 3.5 games for the Kenny Pickett era to start in Steel town. Baptized by 3 int but he ran in 2 TD's ... kinda what you expect. Dynamic moments mixed with typical rookie. Overall, looks like no team really wants the AFC East title.
3. Ravens leading 20-3 in the 3rd over Bills, then lost 23-20. I'll wait to see how Skinny spin the good out of this one.
4. Sunday nighter should be good ... KC vs. TB ... going to go with a KC lopsided win ... 31-17
Old 10-02-2022, 06:20 PM   #2792

Patriots with a tough loss in OT.

Another QB gets injured for New England.

First Mac, now Hoyer. Head injury for Hoyer.

A tough season so far for Coach Belichick.

Old 10-02-2022, 08:20 PM   #2793

One more observation:

5. Russell Wilson is probably wondering if there is a way to get into the DeLorean and have a do over/roll things back ... both Denver and Seattle are at 2-2. Grass is not always greener on the other side.

And ...a unicorn!

Last edited by whitev70r; 10-02-2022 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:29 PM   #2794

Philly legit contender, should be a top NFC team at the end, Hurts having an MVP season so far, along with Allen and Jackson. Mahomes is up there now too

Ravens had a good first half and the defense was playing out of their minds. Bills had a good second half and their defense played out of their minds. Good game for a bad weather game. More mad about the Dolphins game than this one.

JPP played a lot more than I expected, and made a couple nice pressures and tackles already. Once in top form he should be great. Which is good because Oweh isn't ready yet. I hope Stanley can return next week. Faalele has actually been decent with chip support but it limits their offense severely.

I don't spin games, I explain them for people who clearly don't watch but still want to talk

Glad to see the Raiders finally get their win. I hate it when home arenas are basically tourist attractions, and teams like Vegas, Chargers, Rams, etc have no home advantage.

Glad the Browns and Steelers lost, go Jets! Didn't see much of the game other than some Red Zone. Pickett should make them much more entertaining to watch.

Chiefs finally woke up.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:50 AM   #2795

Mahomes was a magician on the field last night against the Bucs.

Mahomey is the the first QB to throw for 20,000 plus yards in the fewest number of games played.

This play was the best highlight of the game:

the second quarter, Mahomes did his best magic act on a 2-yard touchdown toss to Clyde Edwards-Helaire. The quarterback was flushed to the right. He approached the sideline and mashed the B button, spinning past Pro Bowl linebacker Devin White. As two more Bucs defenders converged, he flipped a toss to CEH for the TD.

WOW!

https://youtube.com/shorts/w_mXmlRiNxY

Old 10-03-2022, 05:34 PM   #2796

This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2022, 07:29 AM   #2797

Russ is not cooking well now that he has a right shoulder injury.

Broncos also lost their best running back Javonte Williams due to a torn ACL.

Denver fans are panicking.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oulder-injury/
Old 10-04-2022, 04:26 PM   #2798

I'm pretty happy that my two main "out there" predictions for this season are coming true: Russ failing in Denver, and Hurts balling out in Philly. I even have the Philly one on record on reddit and got downvoted for it
Old 10-06-2022, 07:09 PM   #2799

I am legitimately LOLing at this game. These shots of the crowd are so great. Denver turns on their team so hard I don't know why they're buying tickets except to do just that

And next Thursday it's Washington vs Chicago
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2022, 07:28 PM   #2800

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I am legitimately LOLing at this game. These shots of the crowd are so great. Denver turns on their team so hard I don't know why they're buying tickets except to do just that

And next Thursday it's Washington vs Chicago

This game is so poorly played from the standpoint of the QBs. Two veteran quarterbacks with two interceptions each. Inept red zone offences.
No touchdowns.

Russell cannot cook in the red zone haha. The Broncos is struggling so bad with scoring TDs in the red zone.

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-06-2022 at 07:52 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: