REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-20-2022, 12:09 PM   #2901
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Patriots win on a punt return with 5 seconds left, benefiting from the refs missing a block in the back

Ravens vs Panthers, both teams defense playing out of their minds. Like all time best defensive performance. Also one of the worst run games I've ever seen this team attempt. And the penalties, my god. Oh rookie Kyle Hamilton, who was looking like the next coming of Ed Reed, looks to be out for the season. And Ronnie Stanley, after taking 2 years to get back to all pro form, might have destroyed his left leg again.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:13 PM   #2902
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hope you didn't start Drake
Started Pacheco, heh. I mean, my RBs this week is Ekeler, Pacheco and BRob (flex). The rest of my bench except for Drake is on bye so...

fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:42 PM   #2903

What do you guys think of PFF?

Old 11-24-2022, 06:59 PM   #2904
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Come on Pats! What a game. Both the Pats and Vikings offences are playing well now. Defensive. backs have their work cut out for them.

Vikings with another TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2022, 08:49 PM   #2905

Both Pats lines played out of their minds. Vikings couldn't run AT ALL, and the other side had pressure going all game. Mac Jones had his best game since last season too, with some very good throws he hadn't even been attempting all year.

Just can't beat Justin Jefferson though. And Cousins getting rid of it quickly and accurately is impressive to watch

Lions got jobbed by a missed facemask penalty

Giants record is catching up to their play
Old 11-27-2022, 07:13 PM   #2906

Maybe look at who you're passing to?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:08 PM   #2907
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Well some interesting games and results today.

GB hung with Philly, impressed with performance ... but it's time to shut Rodgers down.

LV vs. Seattle, what a finish there! Didn't really follow what happened after LV missed FG in OT, the next thing I knew, LV had the ball and guy runs 85 yds for a TD.

JAX over BAL ... ballzy 2 pt conversion ftw ... and got it!

CLE > TB ... NFC South is a joke. Must suck to lose to CLE and no Gisele to go home to.

Denver ... time to lose the rest of the games to see if you can get a better draft pick and consider this year as a failed experiment.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:36 AM   #2908

Yeah GB made it interesting for a while, but just too much. Their season is done so they can evaluate Jordan Love from now on. He looked pretty good and it wasn't pure garbage time either.

How about Sam Darnold getting a win for the Panthers? Broncos suck but their defense is no joke. I haven't seen the game though. There's footage of a DL going after Russ between plays.. I mean we saw signs of this before, but now it's happening during a game

Same with Mike White and the Jets, but the Bears defense IS a joke

Titoons couldn't keep the Bungles at bay unfortunately. Is Derrick Henry cooked? If he doesn't get that one big breakthrough, his runs are like 2 YPC

Trevor Lawrence had the drive of his life in the 4th.. They were down to like 3rd and 20 something at one point after a sack, and still pulled out the win. Got to love going for the win with a 2 point conversion. Chargers did that and won too. Like I always said, it's the right call in a lot of situations.

I was like 99% sure that 67 yard FG was going to make it, but the 99% humidity just makes the air too thick. Accuracy was there though and if it was 66 he probably makes it
Old 11-28-2022, 06:57 AM   #2909
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I hate this, only because the Vikings were expected to draft him except they traded back from 12 to 32 and drafted a Safety anyway who might never play another game in the NFL. Good pick.

Oh what could have been with the Harrison Smith Kyle Hamilton stack at Safety.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 02:55 PM   #2910

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I hate this, only because the Vikings were expected to draft him except they traded back from 12 to 32 and drafted a Safety anyway who might never play another game in the NFL. Good pick.

Oh what could have been with the Harrison Smith Kyle Hamilton stack at Safety.
Hamilton should have gone a lot sooner than 12, but he opted out of some games or something like that.. I don't know the full explanation. All I can say is I can't believe how good he is already, after a shaky first few games.

He reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson in the way he moves around on the field between games. Like the league is full of athletic freaks, but those two guys are freaks among freaks. They look like they have springs in their feet or something.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:07 PM   #2911

Old 12-04-2022, 06:16 PM   #2912

Bad luck for Jimmy G. A season ending injury with his broken foot.

Brock Purdy played well today though.

Old 12-04-2022, 06:52 PM   #2913

^ Yah ... Jimmy G has the worst luck as an NFL player, he seems to always get injured!
But yes, they beat a good Miami team with their what, 3rd string QB? So pretty impressive.

Other surprises ...

Cincy > KC ... good, keeps the AFC somewhat competitive. Both Buffalo and KC are at 9-3

WSH and NYG - tied ... unusual.

Why is Aaron Rodgers still playing?

Bal vs. Den, uh oh Lamar Jackson injured, knee sprain, will do MRI and see if it is anything more serious. Cross fingers that it's not but still think betting on himself for the big contract was a good idea?

Dal vs. Ind - Jeff Saturday's coaching record taking a dive after 1st win ...
Old 12-04-2022, 10:08 PM   #2914

Lots of great games and close finishes. This weekend delivered!

Jets came so close to stealing a win, but Vikings survived once again by the skin of their teeth. They used to lose all these close games, now they're winning them all.

It's crazy how irrelevant win/loss records are in terms of quality of a team. Of course when a season is only 17 games, it's going to amplify that fact. It has more to do with circumstances and matchups

Rams probably had their best performance of the season, but still not enough. DK is amazing to watch

Needed the Chiefs to hold off the Bungles, but Kelce had a very rare fumble, costing them the game. Too bad. Good for the Bengals fans though, beating them 3 times in a row in 2022, and all 3 games had the same score.

Ravens game was one of the ugliest games I've seen in a long time. Their offense is completely inept, with only one legit threat. All a defense has to do is double Mark Andrews, and stack the box in the run game. That severely hampers the Ravens ability to do anything, but Snoop had a great 91 yard drive with 5 minutes remaining to steal the game.

Defense is still playing great at least. They need/want to be a low scoring team, with games that end quickly due to long clock running drives, but this was just dumb.

I didn't bother watching the Colts game, and the outcome is exactly what I expected it to be.

Players betting on themselves is almost always a great idea. Either he wins it all and gets that record breaking contract, or he doesn't and gets 2 more chances under a franchise tag, or he gets hurt and is still signed for a top 2-3 money contract after coming back. If his career ends due to this knee injury, it probably just wasn't meant to be and he'll have to be happy with just a few dozen million in the bank.
Old 12-05-2022, 01:37 PM   #2915

I usually hate these, but holy shit

Old 12-06-2022, 06:19 AM   #2916
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I turned the Bucs game off with 6 minutes left and it looks like that was a mistake. Tom Brady doing Tom Brady things, Bucs still a mediocre team in a shitty division though but if they get into the playoffs (likely) they do have the Brady factor.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:44 PM   #2917

Panthers released Baker Mayfield, put him on waivers, Rams picked him up. Interesting.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:48 PM   #2918

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I turned the Bucs game off with 6 minutes left and it looks like that was a mistake. Tom Brady doing Tom Brady things, Bucs still a mediocre team in a shitty division though but if they get into the playoffs (likely) they do have the Brady factor.
Never doubt Brady when he's within 2 scores!

It's utterly insane. I thought he was having possibly the worst performance of his career, for 55 minutes of the game. Like all time bad. And then he goes and does that.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #2919

After getting sonned by AJ Brown, who said he wanted to stay on the team, and Vrabel said he wanted to keep him, the Titans fire their GM despite a lot of recent success.

I guess they think the coach is more responsible for the wins than the GM was for putting the team together

Old 12-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #2920

Von Miller out for Buffalo with ACL ... that's a big hit for the Bills. Might cost them a trip to the SB!
Old 12-08-2022, 07:02 PM   #2921

What a terrible game on TNF! Baker Mayfield is terrible no matter what color jersey he is wearing ... Derek Carr just as bad tonight.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #2922

I think Baker looks really good considering the circumstances. As good as he did before his injury riddled season with the Browns!
Old 12-08-2022, 07:15 PM   #2923

LET BAKER BAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2022, 08:58 PM   #2924

Oh my, I take it back, I stopped watching at the 4th Q and it looked like LA was going to get like 3 pts for the game, Baker turned it on at the end. Good for him!
Old 12-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #2925

Baker played great. A record of 2-1 for him when he comes off the bench to play a game.

That Raiders penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct was a bonehead move haha.