REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   R.I.P. Aventador.... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673798-r-i-p-aventador.html)

Berzerker 09-14-2012 07:23 AM

R.I.P. Aventador....

Burned down on a test drive!!!

Lamborghini Aventador Burns to a Carbon Fiber Crisp on California Highway – Video | AutoGuide.com News

Berz out.

nabs 09-14-2012 07:29 AM

RIP Aventador.. Beautiful cars

has Lamborghini figured out why their cars are catching on fire?? its like a half a million dollar matchstick it seems, it can go off at any second.

GabAlmighty 09-14-2012 07:44 AM

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA, piece of shit.

sonick 09-14-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8029247)

has Lamborghini figured out why their cars are catching on fire?? its like a half a million dollar matchstick it seems, it can go off at any second.

Lambo have the issue too? Always seemed like it were always Ferrari's that randomly caught fire.

jpark 09-14-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8029261)
Lambo have the issue too? Always seemed like it were always Ferrari's that randomly caught fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRuz4Fie-s0

parm104 09-14-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

They may have figured it out by now...Keep in mind, OP decided to re-post a story from April for some reason...

kwy 09-14-2012 11:04 AM

There's been a crap load of Gallardos that have caught fire, as well as a handful of R8s, which share the same engine..and Murcielagos have been seriously questioned for shoddy build quality. There's a website that documented all the flaws found in the Murcielagos.

Boostslut 09-14-2012 11:36 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Posted via RS Mobile

Berzerker 09-14-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8029307)
They may have figured it out by now...Keep in mind, OP decided to re-post a story from April for some reason...

Holy shit it's a repost? Feel free to mention it again I don't think we quite got that the first post you made.

I never said it happened today, or yesterday just posted a tragic vid of a car.

Figured it out by now? Redesigned the car since April? Yea maybe. :fuckthatshit:

Now piss off and let the rest of mourn the loss of this beautiful car in peace.

Berz out.

PreludeSRV 09-14-2012 01:08 PM

Published by Edmonds yesterday....Gallardo is being recalled...perhaps the same issue for the Adventador?!

2004-'06 Lamborghini Gallardo Recalled for Fire Risk

RRxtar 09-14-2012 10:52 PM

it 'seems' like lots of supercars are prone to burning down. there was an enzo that burnt to the ground near kelowna a couple years back.

but what it might be, is that anytime anything supercar burns to the ground, news spreads all over the internet.

Benz_05TSX 09-15-2012 04:28 PM

The conversation in the video is fricking retarded....

Gridlock 09-15-2012 05:04 PM

Well, this is just me thinking here...but you ask, why do supercars burn more than regular cars?

You have a car, where they are squeezing every last drop of power out of an engine. Spin it faster, drive it harder, more rpms, higher redline, pump more gas through, more air so there are bound to be issues with that that you aren't going to find in your regular civic.

Next, you have a car that isn't used as regularly as your civic either. If you see a lamborghini for sale with 75,000 miles, its a high mileage dog. A civic is just coming into its own.

Plus, I'd say you have a complicated engine in a complicated location in the car-so its difficult to see if you have a problem, probably until you are driving on the highway saying, "do you smell smoke?"