REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 09-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
The Book of Mormon

I'm not sure if there is a thread on this anywhere, but I figured this is an appropriate section.

I just came back from New York City, where I lined up for several hours for standing room to see the sold out Broadway Musical, The Book of Mormon. And let me tell you, I would have waited even longer.

For those of you who don't know, it was written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, of South Park and Team America fame. Myself, I'm a theatre and TV actor, and I also enjoy musicals...I see many things on stage.

And I must say this: THIS IS THE BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN ON STAGE.

And this: IF YOU ARE A FAN OF SOUTH PARK OR TEAM AMERICA, YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

It is just as funny as Team America or the South Park movie, if not more. Even if you are not a fan of musicals, you'll love this one. It parodies almost every famous musical, and is an hilarious commentary on religion, especially (obviously) the Mormon religion. Especially hilarious when a Mormon man is hoping to run the United States.

It opened March 24th, 2011 in New York, and EVERY SHOW has sold out since.

The show is so damned hilarious, and the songs are genius and the story is perfect. I downloaded the soundtrack recently and can't stop listening to it.

So if you're in New York, do yourself a favour and see The Book of Mormon!

Here are a couple of clips from the Tony Awards this year, and last:

And 60 Minutes on The Book of Mormon:
Advertisement
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black

Last edited by SpartanAir; 09-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
I've heard amazing things about this show, hopefully I can get a chance to see it sometime.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #3

You should! In fact, I will save you valuable time on how to get to see it for the least amount of money, as it is sold out. THIS IS VERY VALUABLE INFO!

HOW TO SEE BOOK OF MORMON IN NYC:

1) Arrive at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre at 3pm early in the week, or about 12-1pm later in the week, and stand in line for Standing Room Tickets. Tickets go on sale at 6pm, for the 7pm show. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT.

2) Bring a friend to stand in line with, as it is a long wait.

3) At 430pm, there is a lottery that opens. Fill out ONE ballot per person. Have your friend get the ballots and submit them, while you wait in line. (**When I went, most people left the standing room line to go to the lottery guy who is by the front door) If you win, you are able to purchase up to 2 tickets, at $32 each, but the seats are EXCELLENT, aka front row centre or comparable ($$$ tickets if you're looking to resell).

**BONUS: The lottery guy himself is hilarious, and it's fun just to be a part of!

4) The lottery names are drawn at 5pm. DON'T BE LATE if you go and come back. If you're not there, no tickeys for you. Chances are decent, I was there on a tuesday, there were about 200ish people, and there were about 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs.

5) If you don't win (I didn't) wait another hour until 6pm when the ticket window opens. There are about 20-24 tickets available, at $27 each, max 2 per person. Count the people in line. If you are past 20-24 people in the line, you shouldn't bother. In fact, if you get there early in the day and the line is big, don't bother.

6) Go in around 645pm and stand where they tell you, and enjoy the show!! Obviously, it would have been nice to sit for the 2.5 hours with intermission, but unless you're a baller, you won't mind, because the show is that good!

**BONUS #2: The only other way to get tickets to a show, is to wait at the box office for last minute cancellations on the day, and pay face value for the tickets. Which can be from around $60 per ticket to $475 per ticket.

I hope this info helps someone when they go to NYC, I wish I had it when I went!!
1986 Porsche 944, Black
Old 09-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
I'll wait for the movie.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

LA also has this show right on Hollywood Boulevard, failed trying to get last min tickets
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #6

So I hear, would be worth seeing it there too, but I can only vouch for the NYC cast, many are original casting and on the soundtrack.

And Manic, the movie will be good, but I encourage you to see the live show if you can. Nothing beats live performance.
1986 Porsche 944, Black