REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #21251
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,442 Times in 3,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4v4li View Post
purchased a condo with 2 month rent back clause back. Previous owners are not paying 2nd month’s rent and want to extend even further (also trying to renegotiate rent amount lol). I want to evict, do I need a lawyer?

I have signed tenancy agreement as well as purchase&sale contract showing rent back clause. I also have text message confirmatopm and plenty of written evidence. I want to move into my new condo and not have the previous owners dwell. Do I need lawyers to evict? Or just go through RTB
RTB. No need for a lawyer. Have the tenants been given proper notice?
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #21252
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,799 Times in 723 Posts
For rental income, does it matter who's taxes that goes on? Am I able to put it on my wifes income tax, since she makes less than I do? (We're both on title for the house)
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2022, 10:33 PM   #21253
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,913 Times in 5,295 Posts
Quote:
purchased a condo with 2 month rent back clause back. Previous owners are not paying 2nd month’s rent and want to extend even further (also trying to renegotiate rent amount lol). I want to evict, do I need a lawyer?

I have signed tenancy agreement as well as purchase&sale contract showing rent back clause. I also have text message confirmatopm and plenty of written evidence. I want to move into my new condo and not have the previous owners dwell. Do I need lawyers to evict? Or just go through RTB
Is this a RTB issue though? It's terms of the sale... I think you need to talk to your real estate agent and lawyer who handled the buyer/seller agreement.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:14 AM   #21254
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
For rental income, does it matter who's taxes that goes on? Am I able to put it on my wifes income tax, since she makes less than I do? (We're both on title for the house)
Since you’re both on the title, you’re supposed to split the rental income in your taxes. Unless there’s a reason one person owns more than the other, the rental income would be split 50:50.

Source: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca...erty/00/943999
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2022, 07:25 AM   #21255
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

What was the terms ie 2 month fixed or month to month for 2 months? Your CPS is only enforceable up till completion. After that you should be relying on a tenancy agreement.

Last edited by 6thGear.; 04-03-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: I failed at reading if there was a tenancy agreement
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 11:30 AM   #21256

Quote:

I hate people so much. No one has integrity these days. I would serve them notice to evict based on not paying rent. Get that process started now.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/h...andlord-notice

Last edited by PeanutButter; 04-03-2022 at 11:35 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2022, 08:21 AM   #21257
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,437 Times in 927 Posts
ScotiaBank's increased their fixed rate from 3.99% to 4.99%, curious what their rate is negotiated.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/per...osed-term.html

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:59 AM   #21258
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Curious why you rented back to the owner instead of just taking possession 2 months later?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 12:54 PM   #21259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Curious why you rented back to the owner instead of just taking possession 2 months later?
Most likely seller can't find a new place to move into. We also had a client go through the same scenario
Old 04-04-2022, 02:13 PM   #21260
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Interesting rules by owner on the sale of home - https://www.redfin.ca/bc/vancouver/6...home/156077770

The owner needs to rent back the whole house for 2.5 years for $6000/month Net Rental, and to rent back the basement as daycare operations on a fixed commercial lease with $4000 Triple Net till July of 2030.
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2022, 03:56 PM   #21261
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I'm trying to work on my personal tax return. I am worked from home all of last year, and trying to claim the detailed methodology. I lived at my parents most of the year until October before I moved out when I took possession of my new place. I gave the parents a little bit of money each month (aka spending money or rent, whatever you want to call it). Can I claim this "rent" on my tax return for WFH, or no due to non-arms lengths relationship?

I'm a bit cautious since I can't remember if there was any question on the principal residence/speculation tax with CoV they submitted, had anything about the home usage. I also pay for the internet for my parents (account under my name), so ideally would like to claim the detailed approach versus simplified capped at $500.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:11 PM   #21262
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,380 Times in 479 Posts
you should be able to claim the 400$ without any extra paper work.

if you need to claim internet and other expenses related to WFH, and your employer doesn't reimburse you for the expenses, you will need your employer to submit a form I think its T2200 and you need to complete another form.
I looked at this very breifly when i was submiting my expense for work and they decide i can just submit all my expenses and the comapny will reimburse me for whatever i spent in full
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:35 PM   #21263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
RTB. No need for a lawyer. Have the tenants been given proper notice?
I served them eviction notice. The tenant then sends me full month's rent the next day. I did not agree to extend them an extra month, nor have they signed any tenancy agreement. What do I do now? I guess I will wait 5 days and call RTB to see if they have filed a dispute, and then proceed with the eviction steps.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2022, 11:36 PM   #21264

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
What was the terms ie 2 month fixed or month to month for 2 months? Your CPS is only enforceable up till completion. After that you should be relying on a tenancy agreement.
2 month fixed.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:37 PM   #21265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
the seller actually proposed this, and we accepted. In hindsight we would have been okay with later possession

seller wanted to wait for their presale completion

lesson learned I guess
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2022, 05:11 AM   #21266
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Didn't you serve notice that landlord will be moving into the unit? They can't extend if owner will be moving in themselves
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:08 AM   #21267
private modder

Thanked 2,686 Times in 748 Posts
Quote:

If tenants haven't paid rent for the month, you have grounds to evict based on that alone. I'd at least start there.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/h...ent%20is%20due
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:07 AM   #21268
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I believed we had a member with this issue in this thread before or they got a bad stall assigned to them.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/0...g-stall-small/

Summary:

Vancouver parking stall measures at 2.1 metres wide -- under the 2.3 metre minimum requirement

City of Vancouver says it's looking into the matter

Developer tells CityNews it has 'verified that the parking stall meets (and exceeds) the dimensional requirements'

Vancouver problems...but as a car enthusiast

This is Wesgroup so probably the same with almost everything down at River District (maybe this story is at RD?). I went to that Shoppers Drug Mart once, wow the spots were small!
Scotsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:15 AM   #21269
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,521 Times in 5,740 Posts
Everyone should follow the Costco model of parking spaces
Old 04-05-2022, 11:18 AM   #21270
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
I believed we had a member with this issue in this thread before or they got a bad stall assigned to them.

Summary:

Vancouver parking stall measures at 2.1 metres wide -- under the 2.3 metre minimum requirement

Developer tells CityNews it has 'verified that the parking stall meets (and exceeds) the dimensional requirements'

This is Wesgroup so probably the same with almost everything down at River District (maybe this story is at RD?). I went to that Shoppers Drug Mart once, wow the spots were small!
I live by RD but Polygon development, stall small as fk, glad I was able to switch a spot (even though cost me $250 in paper work fee, still worth it over the headache of tight spot). Even when I go to the Save-on-foods public parking when I grab groceries, the stalls are small as fk too.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:31 AM   #21271

Quote:

Summary:

The developer has to have a minimum amount of parking (per city planning by laws), so they will make the spots as small or big as they can to meet that minimum, they only care about capital efficiency. Costco doesn't care about maximizing efficiency when it comes to parking because they value customer service over the efficiency of capital.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2022, 11:37 AM   #21272

when you drive a truck, costco is king for their parking. so nice plus you don't have all the other donkeys opening their doors into yours.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:49 AM   #21273
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:

Summary:

Yep, RD x Wesgroup problems. My stall is 2.39m wide, inclusive of the parking lines but adjacent to a wall with columns sticking out. Required width should be 2.6m. I procrastinated messaging Vancouver 311 but finally sent a message to see if there's any possibility for an inspection.
Spectre_Cdn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 02:33 PM   #21274

Quote:

Summary:

Avalon 3 that's the newest one at RD. Maybe if this bmw owner knows how to park and fold his mirror in then he won't have an issue parking in that tight spot
Old 04-05-2022, 04:24 PM   #21275
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Avalon 3 that's the newest one at RD. Maybe if this bmw owner knows how to park and fold his mirror in then he won't have an issue parking in that tight spot

That's my thought exactly.
I don't know about regulations but look at the gap between front wheel and column, looks like it could fit.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote