REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Complete site of checking whiskey prices ? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/674809-complete-site-checking-whiskey-prices.html)

Greenstoner 10-06-2012 09:10 AM

Complete site of checking whiskey prices ?

Got a colleciton of whiskeys and would like to check the price of it.

Mostly are Cognac XO and Remy Martin XO and VSOP ...

tried google it but dont have much luck of getting the right price and takes long time

Coren 10-06-2012 03:33 PM

if you are looking at prices in BC you can just look at the bcliquor website

SkinnyPupp 10-06-2012 07:25 PM

First you might want to learn the difference between whiskey and cognac

bcrdukes 10-06-2012 07:44 PM

lol

TekDragon 10-07-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8048625)
First you might want to learn the difference between whiskey and cognac

Bourbon, Rye, Scotch. That wasn't too hard to learn.

SkinnyPupp 10-07-2012 09:43 AM

Makes me wonder what is really going on here. Sounds like someone is raiding their dad's liquor cabinet with the intention of posting bottles on Craigslist

yray 10-07-2012 11:28 AM

I'll buy them :troll:

Greenstoner 10-07-2012 04:00 PM

got some Glenfiddich, camus, Otard xo, Grants, Courvoisier, Remy...etc

BC liquor doesnt have price for everything :(

Culverin 10-08-2012 07:30 AM

If curious about price, bc liquor is your best bet.
They have things in their system not on their site that private importers bring in.
If you inherited a bunch and are looking to sell, depends if new in box, in gift version bottles etc.

If you happen across decanters, they could be value village junk or in the thousands (with matching cups).
I've been thinking about decanters for a while. And can always use a crap open bottle to make sauces in my cooking. I'd trust a forum member over craigslist. Please don't do anything stupid or illegal though. Not worth the trouble or shame.

Sounds like you have no idea what you even have.
Learn the difference between single malt, blended, brandy, cognac. Sounds like you have a lot of those.
Posted via RS Mobile

Culverin 10-08-2012 07:33 AM

Ooops, should have clarified.
If it's not on their website, just go in and talk to somebody at the customer service counter.
I've asked for price checks, bulk buys and and unreleased product availabilities before.
It's all pretty standard for them to answer these questions.
Posted via RS Mobile

skyxx 10-08-2012 10:10 AM

:drunk:

Greenstoner 10-09-2012 08:12 AM

My mom asked me to check the price and sent me a list..... I didn't even see the liquor itself...
She has been using these for cooking LOL. Apparently some of them are collectible in a 4.5 liter bottle. My family are non drinker so yeah don't really have a clue about these
Posted via RS Mobile

Culverin 10-09-2012 08:26 AM

I use some for cooking too. But unless you use these correctly, you're going to totally lose the flavor and you might as well be using a dirt cheap brandy.
So if she doesn't even know what they are.... then iunno man.... :badpokerface:

SkinnyPupp 10-09-2012 08:40 AM

IMO Just re-gift them... I know someone who will take that Glenfiddich of your hands :pokerface:

donjalapeno 10-12-2012 09:29 PM

sell them?? :fuckthatshit: .... if i were you i would be :drunk: everynight till its gone