REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   "Why I Hired A Girl On Craigslist to Slap Me In The Face.." (https://www.revscene.net/forums/675302-why-i-hired-girl-craigslist-slap-me-face.html)

j.f0ng 10-16-2012 04:52 PM

"Why I Hired A Girl On Craigslist to Slap Me In The Face.."

..and how it quadrupled my productivity.

Interesting read, especially for those of us who can't seem to focus on getting work done. And yes, I'm supposed to be working on an assignment right now. Oh the irony. :facepalm:

Why I Hired A Girl On Craigslist to Slap Me In The Face — And How It Quadrupled My Productivity

Quote:

When are you most productive? Depending on your personality, you might not need alone time—you might need a team.

Humans are social animals—we aren’t designed to live and work alone. Now that the average worker’s job is to sit in front of a computer,—often with no supervision—it’s no surprise that we are only productive a three days each week. Having worked mostly alone, on my computer, I found that the majority of my time is spent unproductively.

So I measured my productivity, using a nifty little app called RescueTime. RescueTime sits in the background of your computer and measures the amount of time you spend on your computer and on each Website. It lets you see exactly how much time you spent hard at work on your Excel spreadsheet—and exactly how much time you wasted watching episodes of [The League] (holy shit go watch The League).

Nothing makes me more embarassed than seeing the amount of hours I spend wasted on Reddit and Facebook chat.
The rest of the article is too long to quote..don't want to bombard this thread with a wall of text.

Prolowtone 10-16-2012 05:07 PM

Interesting read, Easy to understand that it adds a fun element to it but it is out of the ordinary hahaha.

GLOW 10-16-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

"Why I Hired A Girl On Craigslist to Slap Me In The Face.."
came in here expecting something NSFW :troll:

nsmb 10-16-2012 07:27 PM

Jason00S2000 ?

j.f0ng 10-16-2012 07:48 PM

^wat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prolowtone (Post 8056763)
Interesting read, Easy to understand that it adds a fun element to it but it is out of the ordinary hahaha.

I'm not going to lie, my productivity would probably skyrocket if I had someone slapping me every time i wandered off track. :badpokerface:

AzNightmare 10-16-2012 08:30 PM

Does hiring a man or woman make a difference?

inv4zn 10-16-2012 10:13 PM

At least embed the video lol

I like how she clenches her teeth with the wind-up :D

knight604 10-16-2012 10:15 PM

Do i get to nail her after or i dont see the point of this??

BaoTurbo 10-16-2012 11:48 PM

The app measures my productivity....I will probably just look the app numbers and say "Oh I spent 2 hours on youtube, well that sucks..." *back to being unproductive*

CharlesInCharge 10-17-2012 12:06 AM

A not so effective alternative
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kqssMBdtNx...ap-for-web.jpg

br2 10-17-2012 12:15 AM

hire a dude to punch you in the face... 100% productivity or an all out brawl

Nightwalker 10-17-2012 01:17 AM

I downloaded that app.

"you're more distracted than 99% of people"

PJ 10-17-2012 06:20 AM

My buddy once had a month long work project that he HAD to deliver on.

He gave me $6000 to hold on to, and a time line of what he had to finish every day for that month.
If there was a day where he didn't complete his daily task, he told me to spend $200. Like, actually spend it. And at the end of the month, he gets back the remainder of what's left.

He ended up only falling behind on 1 day. So I went out for a dinner at the Keg with the gf and bought myself a tank of gas. I of course texted him pictures of our meal, along with a "thanks bro.", which he replied with "assholes."

In the end, he got the project finished and got a pretty 5-figure paycheque from his company, so that $200 was a small price to pay to keep himself on track.

I guess some people just need to feel some sort of pressure to get things done. Whether its money.. or getting slapped in the face. :lawl:

MG1 10-17-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8057173)
A not so effective alternative

A post of yours with no fails................ I am impressed.

604STIG 10-17-2012 09:53 AM

LOL, i'm reading this thread about being unproductive while being unproductive at work. Oh the irony, oh well, back to being unproductive.

heleu 10-17-2012 03:15 PM

^^ ...I need to get back to work now.

snails 10-17-2012 03:24 PM

Revscene killed my productivity!

:suspicious:

Phil@rise 10-18-2012 10:30 AM

havin a girly slap me around would be very counter productive. I'd be wasting to much time fighting a sexual harassment/assault charge lol