REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   New (to me) car broke after 4 days, Does the dealer... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/675380-new-me-car-broke-after-4-days-does-dealer.html)

dared3vil0 10-18-2012 02:50 PM

Update: Took it in, They took care of it, Everything is all good. The sales mananger came out and greeted us, Even though it was quite busy, Took the time to personally make sure everything was done right. I would highly recommend Autohaus after this. They stand by their cars...

dyan 10-18-2012 02:51 PM

what was wrong? Or did they just clear the cel?
Posted via RS Mobile

dared3vil0 10-18-2012 03:22 PM

CEL turned itself off this morning, But i wanted to know what they would say/do in case it came back and stayed on, Basically once i got there and let him know it turned itself off, he offered to send it to the shop and go through the car and make sure everything was indeed OK, Or to continue to drive it, and if anything goes wrong/ the light comes back on just bring car in and call him and he'll fix the problem. (at no cost to me obviously)

inv4zn 10-18-2012 03:33 PM

Good to hear they took care of you - will keep in mind for next time!

In this day and age, proper customer service will do a company wonders.

dared3vil0 10-18-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8058654)
Good to hear they took care of you - will keep in mind for next time!

In this day and age, proper customer service will do a company wonders.

I agree- Even this thread alone has ~900 views. That's ALOT of people who may now to go Autohaus for the peace of mind that they back there used cars, Or if they had not taken care of it, it could of been alot of people avoiding it.

TypeRNammer 10-18-2012 03:47 PM

That's good to know!

Most likely culprit is the gas cap not shut properly, common thing with Honda's

dared3vil0 10-18-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 8058672)
That's good to know!

Most likely culprit is the gas cap not shut properly, common thing with Honda's

a gas cap does not cause limp mode... And, i ALWAYS tighten it until it clicks 3-5 times.

extracrunchie 10-18-2012 04:10 PM

the same thing happened to me, it was not the gas cap but rather a corroding connection with the harness. took them a while to figure that one out at my dealership

XplicitLuder 10-18-2012 05:48 PM

we always had to pressure wash the engine at autohaus, but we would enclose things that may get wet ( garbage bag , tape etc ) so hopefully it wasnt that! good to hear that they took care of you , always enjoyed working there

Neva 10-18-2012 09:30 PM

it's always nice to hear stories like yours and to be able to keep a reputable dealer in mind for when the time comes.

dared3vil0 10-18-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8058797)
we always had to pressure wash the engine at autohaus, but we would enclose things that may get wet ( garbage bag , tape etc ) so hopefully it wasnt that! good to hear that they took care of you , always enjoyed working there

Yeah, It seems like it would be a nice place to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neva (Post 8058967)
it's always nice to hear stories like yours and to be able to keep a reputable dealer in mind for when the time comes.

Exactly. :h5:

tofu1413 10-19-2012 12:59 AM

+1 to nice place to work.

knowledgeable people and service is as good as it gets within reason for any dealer

Lomac 10-19-2012 07:37 AM

Pressure wash the engine? It annoys me when dealerships do that as it tends to hide any potential or former leaks the engine has/had.

Glad to hear Autohaus took care of you, though!