REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Questions: Compression clothing/gear for recovery/proformance?(weight lifting) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/675752-questions-compression-clothing-gear-recovery-proformance-weight-lifting.html)

Mr Colt 10-26-2012 12:30 AM

Questions: Compression clothing/gear for recovery/proformance?(weight lifting)

I was in a motorcycle crash 3.5 years ago, since then I have gotten back into weight lifting as part of my physio/recovery program. However, for obvious reasons due to the injuries i have recieved, my recovery times are terrible, I used to feel near no pain the next morning after a work out, now after putting the same amount of effort into a work out I am extremely sore for 2-4 days after tipicaly. I am trying to do what i can to improve this, and stumbled upon compression clothing. Here are my questions:

◘ As my workouts mostly revolve around powerlifting style exercise(squats,deadlifts,bench), is there compression clothing I should look into for better over all lifting gains(that is to say, i want my muscles to get stronger faster over all not just give them an advantage to lift a few more pounds as if competing)
◘ It seems as tho most companies i've looked at seem to focus their compression clothing toward more cardio related sports, running,cycling,etc, so i am wondering if weight lifting is helped by using such clothing?
◘ Parts of my body are just in constant pain from my injuries, I am curious if the compression clothing would add some suport in reguards to this form of pain?
◘ I notice that many companies that offer compression clothing often offer two types, one for during activity and one for after activity for recovery, My question is what is the difference?
◘ Any one here have experince with compression gear that they would care to share?
◘ Finally if I should look into compression gear, what types/brands should I consider?

Notes:
◘ My goals for weight lifting is to get bigger/stronger as efficiently as possible, that said I would also like to know if their are any down sides to using such gear.

for my choice of workout(weight lifting)?

instantneedles 10-26-2012 06:28 AM

Theres already a thread for workout apparel i think
Posted via RS Mobile

RacePace 10-26-2012 06:50 AM

From what I've read, if you wear compression clothing for a few hours during recovery, or during sleep, it'll help you recover only if you are doing a similar activity in the next 24 hours

G-spec 10-26-2012 10:31 AM

I just don't get "compression" gear.... how is something that literally compresses/squeezes let's say my arm, or my leg or my thighs supposed to stimulate blood flow and help recovery ? this is what the manufacturers claim however...
but I mean common sense goes directly against this, if I have something tight around a body part, it's literally going to decrease blood flow for fcks sake. And less blood flow to the muscles means less oxygen, that should all be obvious.

I myself wear dri-fit arm sleeve and compression style sport underwear, but not because of bullshit manufacturer claims, but both strictly for perspiration reasons as it helps immensely compared to cotton. Wiping sweat off my forehead with the arm sleeve while I play, and dri fit underwear gets moist at worst case scenario and even then dries within minutes. Also no chafing is schaweet

Excelsis 10-26-2012 10:59 AM

^ knee sleeves make my knees really hot :fullofwin:

kwy 10-26-2012 11:23 AM

I wouldn't waste my money. Compression Gear-Fact vs. Fiction

Matlock 10-26-2012 11:54 AM

foam roll is all you need.

Or rmt if you're really rich

Sid Vicious 10-27-2012 12:06 AM

get a solid powerlifting belt imo