REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Retrieving old ticket and court advice (https://www.revscene.net/forums/675854-retrieving-old-ticket-court-advice.html)

girlcrazy_420 10-29-2012 06:08 AM

Retrieving old ticket and court advice

Earlier in the year I was given a ticket that said one thing, but the act was for something completely different. I have a feeling the officer wrote down the wrong information. Is there a way I can apply for a copy of this ticket? I am going to court for tresspassing, but it should only be a noise complaint from 11pm-7am.

Secondly. For a diffferent matter. I was given a phamphlet of "evidence" 14 days before my court date. Is it not supposed to be 30 days??

The other issue, is I have to attend court at two seperate court houses in different cities on the exact same day, at the same time for different matters. How do they screw this up??

sho_bc 10-29-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 (Post 8067277)
Earlier in the year I was given a ticket that said one thing, but the act was for something completely different. I have a feeling the officer wrote down the wrong information. Is there a way I can apply for a copy of this ticket? I am going to court for tresspassing, but it should only be a noise complaint from 11pm-7am.

Hard to tell from this post, but it sounds like you were given a bylaw ticket? If so, contact the bylaw office or court registry to ask for a copy of the ticket.

Quote:

Secondly. For a diffferent matter. I was given a phamphlet of "evidence" 14 days before my court date. Is it not supposed to be 30 days??
This sounds like a criminal or MVA trial? Crown may not have had the material/Crown package until recently and was only able to get you copy of disclosure to you by the time they did. If you don't think its enough time to prepare your defense, there are applications that can be made in court to allow you more time to prepare.

Quote:

The other issue, is I have to attend court at two seperate court houses in different cities on the exact same day, at the same time for different matters. How do they screw this up??
It happens. I've had court notifiers for 2 different locations at the same date/time. The different court registries don't always communicate with each other when setting court dates. You'll need to contact both registries advising of this dilemma and they'll have to figure something out.

From reading your post, it sounds like you should be seeking proper legal advice from a lawyer, not asking the members of revscene.
Posted via RS Mobile