REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   New Topman/Topshop Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676101-new-topman-topshop-vancouver.html)

rocksforsale 11-03-2012 02:25 PM

New Topman/Topshop Vancouver

TOPMAN - Mens Fashion - Mens Clothing - Topman

What do you guys think about the new store that opened up inside the bay(downtown)? I personally have never had the chance to go to one of these store in the states or europe so im glad its in canada now. Went there yesterday to pick up a denim jacket and the store reminded me of a H&M and zara hybrid with zara prices

Anyone else shopped there yet

Calbeee 11-03-2012 06:01 PM

i didnt buy but i liked alot of the styles there

vyrospec 11-03-2012 06:27 PM

went there on thursday, got quite a good selection of blazers and over coats that i like. t-shirts were kinda overpriced imo

yray 11-03-2012 07:51 PM

^ Everything there was made for James May :lawl:

tweed blazers and shirts with crazy design ... too bad the fabric quality sucks balls

bought a tie there for 15$; refund it because I found the exact copy at daiso for 2$ :fuckthatshit:

insomniac 11-03-2012 07:57 PM

So many mirrors in the store lol it made me dizzy walking around
Gf bought a $70 dress and it looked pretty good but I swear she's only going to wear it once :fuckthatshit:
Posted via RS Mobile

Bonka 11-03-2012 08:13 PM

The womens section reminded me of the mirror maze in Enter the Dragon..too busy..

The mens stuff was different to say the least. I looked at their suits and blazers. I liked the material but the style was too trendy (blazers are cut short); unsuitable for a work environment. Has a douche look to it, maybe it's just me though..
Posted via RS Mobile

G 11-03-2012 09:20 PM

Hipsters paradise

Razor Ramon HG 11-04-2012 01:35 AM

Went in there, and was pretty disappointed from what I saw.

Price I could care less about, but the styles and selection wasn't what I expected.

A few decent sweaters.. and that was about it IMO.

dink 11-04-2012 07:25 AM

Too skinnnnnnny

blee123 11-04-2012 11:43 PM

so where is this place? in the middle of the Bay or something? Is that what the construction was about 2 months ago?

ApePee2 11-05-2012 07:56 AM

^^ it took over the 2nd floor.
Posted via RS Mobile

skholla 11-05-2012 08:14 AM

sub basement (sky train) - season goods and luggage
basement - top shop & top man
floor 1 - cosmetics, bags jewelry watches
floors 2-4 - womens, maybe kids too?
floor 5 - bedding, furniture, kitchen
floor 6 - new mens floor (very similar to Nordstrom)

rocksforsale 11-05-2012 10:57 PM

^Daym just noticed. The bay really seems to be stepping up their game to compete with the future Nordstrom
Posted via RS Mobile

miss_crayon 11-05-2012 11:29 PM

I hate how stores like topshop/f21/h&m have no structure in their stores. Whenever i go in i get a huge headache cause i have no idea where to start...however..topshops quality is better imo. Styles and prices aint bad but i rather shop online. Less of a hassle and you can return to any bay!
Posted via RS Mobile

MindBomber 11-05-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skholla (Post 8073738)
sub basement (sky train) - Uniglo
floor 1 - cosmetics, bags jewelry watches
floors 2-4 - womens, maybe kids too?
floor 5 - bedding, furniture, kitchen
floor 6 - new mens floor (very similar to Nordstrom)

:fullofwin:

tru_blue 11-06-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8074448)
I hate how stores like topshop/f21/h&m have no structure in their stores. Whenever i go in i get a huge headache cause i have no idea where to start...however..topshops quality is better imo. Styles and prices aint bad but i rather shop online. Less of a hassle and you can return to any bay!
Posted via RS Mobile

for guys, i see they got some nice holiday sweaters (x'mas style)

so if we were to buy online, is there like a Canadian site or something?

there prices are a bit higher than Zara tho, not sure which one is better quality

Harvey Specter 11-06-2012 04:22 AM

I'd stick with J Crew but than again I wouldn't buy anything J Crew at regular price because most, if not all their stuff goes on sale or ends up at the outlets.

skholla 11-06-2012 07:49 AM

Wow, that UNIQLO rumour just made my day... Now if only Obama would hurry up and win the election.

I like the re-development plans for the Georgia Street Canada Post and Oakridge Centre, it's about time we get some decent retail up here.

Hopefully prices will be on par with the exchange rate for a given fashion season... At Top Man the CAD prices were lower than the USD prices, also some brands aside the prices at the new 6th floor Bay were on par with USD pricing.

planb 11-30-2012 03:20 PM

it's a really nice store, I've been there a few time, there are 6 floors, idk did the old one have that many

skholla 12-01-2012 07:24 AM

The Bay and Sears were always 6 floors... I think floor 6 used to be mattresses and furniture.
Posted via RS Mobile