REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Chinese TV crew: tvpad (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676252-chinese-tv-crew-tvpad.html)

imp>dom 11-06-2012 03:13 PM

Chinese TV crew: tvpad

I am considering buying it. Does anyone own it? Do you recommend it?

bcedhk 11-06-2012 03:28 PM

I own one installed for my parents to watch Hong Kong based televison/movies.

Pretty easy to setup and fast connections. There is a good selection of movies too.

The only "downside" is that is live, meaning you have to be either really early or really late to watch primetime shows.

imp>dom 11-06-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy89 (Post 8074839)
The only "downside" is that is live, meaning you have to be either really early or really late to watch primetime shows.

Was thinking the same thing. That might just make it a supplement to fairchild. Do you connect it through wifi? Would like to know if it is good wireless.

StylinRed 11-06-2012 05:47 PM

could someone fill me in?

tvb atv? or... just services like you find on the ipad etc (pps, qiyi, tudou, etc apps)

Tim Budong 11-06-2012 07:05 PM

seems like its a combination of everything from pps to tvb

im really curious
theres a big thread on rfd
TVPad-- Watch Hong Kong/Taiwan/Mainland Channels LIVE with NO monthly fees - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Video player box for chinese channels over internet? - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

imp>dom 11-06-2012 09:42 PM

thanks.. damn... so much reading to do

rageguy 11-06-2012 10:32 PM

I had the tvpad for a month before selling it on eBay. It worked as advertised. Fast and HD quality. You should get it if you want live HK streams. Note that this is live and the interface is in Chinese only. If you cannot read Chinese then this is not for you.

StylinRed 11-06-2012 10:32 PM

ah so there is tvb live-streaming but its rumoured that it could go at any time although people have been saying that for a year now and its still going

think ill pick this up

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageguy (Post 8075403)
I had the tvpad for a month before selling it on eBay. It worked as advertised. Fast and HD quality. You should get it if you want live HK streams. Note that this is live and the interface is in Chinese only. If you cannot read Chinese then this is not for you.

why did you sell it?

bcedhk 11-06-2012 10:36 PM

i use a wifi stick, theres a specific brand you have to buy since not all usb wifi sticks work on the tvpad.

my parents usually just watches the tvb news channel, so it really doesnt matter what time they watch it.

Theres an app for TVB shows and a app for the latest chinese dramas/movies

rageguy 11-06-2012 10:42 PM

I work 9-5. That is when all the tvb dramas air live. So when I am home at 6pm, it's boring news and other boring stuff. Because of this I sold the tvpad.

Seriously if you don't mind these problems, tvpad is terrific.

Tim Budong 11-06-2012 10:54 PM

im seriously considering it, even though tvb dramas have been shit the past year...

willystyle 11-06-2012 11:41 PM

Is there any way to record certain shows on the live streams? if not, it's pretty useless for me.

StylinRed 11-06-2012 11:43 PM

the official tvpad forums it seems, in english anyway Club TVPad • Index page