REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Throwing a Party... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676510-throwing-party.html)

Kite 11-12-2012 03:52 PM

Throwing a Party...

So I have access to an old warehouse up in Squamish that I would like to throw a party in. The lot is zoned for industrial and as far as I understand, has no noise bylaws (this I will double check).

It will be a party with friends and there will be no fee to get in or anything sold inside.

Anything I need to know or be aware of? As far as liabilities, curious police, etc are concerned.

Thinking about 40-50 people.

Thanks

Fafine 11-12-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kite (Post 8079554)
So I have access to an old warehouse up in Squamish that I would like to throw a party in. The lot is zoned for industrial and as far as I understand, has no noise bylaws (this I will double check).

It will be a party with friends and there will be no fee to get in or anything sold inside.

Anything I need to know or be aware of? As far as liabilities, curious police, etc are concerned.

Thinking about 100-150 people.

Thanks

fixed, if you tell your friends that youre throwing a warehouse party.
there's gonna be more people showing up than you think.

ts14 11-12-2012 04:11 PM

okay so all ur missing is a project X party event on facebook and ur good to go

Spoiler!

vafanculo 11-12-2012 04:20 PM

If you want to go legit, I think you need to notify the police of the date and time. But, you better be strict on no booze, otherwise it will blow up in your face if any minors are drinking.
Posted via RS Mobile

xilley 11-12-2012 05:36 PM

we used to always have warehouse parties, just becareful about drunks bumping into things like saws or w.e. is in the warehouse that will cause injuries.

otherwise.. I really dont see a problem compared to house parties where neighbours are trying to sleep at 11 pm and your party goes on till 6 am.

only way a cop would show up is if the next door warehouse has overnight shifts and they notify the cops, or night patrols but it was rare.

Kite 11-12-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 8079558)
fixed, if you tell your friends that youre throwing a warehouse party.
there's gonna be more people showing up than you think.

Ya, good point. I'm pretty sure I can keep it under 50. I have a good group of friends and everyone will be coming from Van and will need a place to stay. It's my building and I can always lock the door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 8079638)
we used to always have warehouse parties, just becareful about drunks bumping into things like saws or w.e. is in the warehouse that will cause injuries.

otherwise.. I really dont see a problem compared to house parties where neighbours are trying to sleep at 11 pm and your party goes on till 6 am.

only way a cop would show up is if the next door warehouse has overnight shifts and they notify the cops, or night patrols but it was rare.

Luckily the closest homes are a couple hundred meters away with a few buildings in between. Thanks for the advice.

xilley 11-13-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kite (Post 8079886)
Ya, good point. I'm pretty sure I can keep it under 50. I have a good group of friends and everyone will be coming from Van and will need a place to stay. It's my building and I can always lock the door.

Luckily the closest homes are a couple hundred meters away with a few buildings in between. Thanks for the advice.

no need to thank me, just invite me when it goes down. :fullofwin: