REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Deadmau5 dec 26th (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676541-deadmau5-dec-26th.html)

TheKingdom2000 11-28-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona675 (Post 8093281)
wbo ,theres something about early access to the floor? does that mean theres another line to get in? which is faster?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 8084462)
time to deadmau5 since nye...

edit: just bought my ticket through the wireless box office since it was like 15 bucks cheaper. I have to show a text message to them at the door?? Let's hope this shit doesnt screw up.

My sister used wirelessbox office in the summer for a concert.
She said there was a completely separate line for the wbo tickets and it was pretty much VIP as she skipped a huge line. And Rogers employees were there (well they had the wireless box office shirts on)

So I'm assuming this is the same for all events?

jeedee 11-28-2012 05:42 PM

Only paying to see ALESSO, Chris Lake and Lazy Rich

Deadmau5 unhooked and Nero? :fuckthatshit:

Drow 11-28-2012 06:28 PM

not gonna lie ive been watching the meowingtons hax 2k11 @ toronto.

Let's just say....

http://funfive.net/images/My%20body%20is%20ready.jpg

Alpine50 11-28-2012 09:23 PM

I'm pissed might not be able to book for work or leave early ughhhh if I can't im going to have to sell my ticket :(
Posted via RS Mobile

E.D.C.5 11-28-2012 10:29 PM

only there for alesso. lol

98twofourty 12-06-2012 03:59 PM

What about an afterparty, it says the event ends at midnight so id like to hit something up with decent music afterwards. Its been a while since ive been clubbing and all I used to hear was rap and such at any club I was dragged to.
Posted via RS Mobile

PJ 12-07-2012 06:54 AM

deadmau5 is more for the whole production than just the music.

But still.. $100+ is too much for an electro show at BC place.

Timewav3zer0 12-07-2012 07:40 AM

its unhooked... So it won't be his production
Posted via RS Mobile

unit 12-07-2012 08:25 AM

saw him for like $30 at celebs. back then it was about the music and not the production.
he barely played any of his album music, it was mostly remixes and it was awesome.

roughmandamn 12-07-2012 08:37 AM

what is "unhooked" mean ...no productions? just him ...spinning??

jeedee 12-07-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughmandamn (Post 8101029)
what is "unhooked" mean ...no productions? just him ...spinning??

Yeah.

So no mau5head, no LED cube, etc.

Jegz 12-07-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98twofourty (Post 8100437)
What about an afterparty, it says the event ends at midnight so id like to hit something up with decent music afterwards. Its been a while since ive been clubbing and all I used to hear was rap and such at any club I was dragged to.
Posted via RS Mobile

basssssssssment?

:badpokerface:

Derek_N84 12-07-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

celebs

Derek_N84 12-07-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

celebs / venue will probably have an official after party. maybe alesso will go there :fullofwin: (preference for celebs)

Drow 12-08-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8101121)
Yeah.

So no mau5head, no LED cube, etc.

fuck that shit.

-EuroRSN- 12-08-2012 11:46 AM

This event is way too overpriced, but I'd love to see another EDM concert at BC place :) pretty much the only reason to go..
Posted via RS Mobile

- kT 12-08-2012 02:13 PM

^ agreed. bc place has potential to be an amazing venue, moreso than pacific coliseum imo. hope they start using it for edm shows more

The_Situation 12-08-2012 03:00 PM

What's the point of deadmau5 without the head and lights? He even stated that he's different from other djs in the fact that he has pretty lights. Now he's just another DJ pressing a button.

Tawpie 12-08-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8102095)
What's the point of deadmau5 without the head and lights? He even stated that he's different from other djs in the fact that he has pretty lights. Now he's just another DJ pressing a button.

The point is the enjoy music and atmosphere. Keep it simple bro.

Manic! 12-08-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8102095)

deadmau5 is not a DJ.

Drow 12-08-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8102117)

deadmau5 is not a DJ.

Why Not?

Manic! 12-08-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 8102181)
Why Not?

Because he is a producer who plays his own music.

Deadmau5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Comment about DJs

Zimmerman doesn't like to be referred to as a DJ
. In an October 2008 interview with the Irish Daily Star, deadmau5 was quoted as follows:

"It puts me to fucking sleep, to be quite honest; I don't really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully, with all due respect to the DJ type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur, I'd like them to dis-a-fucking-ppear! It's so middle man, they're like fucking lawyers! You need them, but they're fucking cunts. God bless them, they're my number one customer right, so I'm not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive, "up on a podium" performer by playing other peoples productions, at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them, I don't get it..."[39]

Zimmerman apologized for this comment on November 4, 2008. He explained that the interview was bad, and that it did not express his opinion about DJs correctly:

"Let me start by admitting … I did not grow up in the EDM scene. I don't consider my career to be about "being a DJ". I don't have "DJ roots". I never had any intention of becoming a DJ, and my conception of "DJ's" in general from this standpoint has always been being forced into some nightclub when I would have rather stayed home, and watch some dude mash the "play/stop" button and occasionally move a pitch slider. Love it or hate it … that's just been my conception of the traditional "DJ". Mind you, I'm not a total fucking idiot, and I recognize talent when I see it … and there are many talented DJ's out there for sure. In my eyes, those would be the individuals who utilize technology to deliver the music in ways that are both skillful and innovate, more-so than my vision of the "play/stop/pitch" DJ. To me, the club is about "the party"; the people make the night; the DJ obviously needs to use that to his advantage, it's give and take."[40]

Drow 12-08-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8102211)
Because he is a producer who plays his own music.

Deadmau5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he doesnt like to be referred as a dj =/= he is not a dj

and besides ive seen him play other ppl's songs in some of his sets. deadmau5 unhooked.

edit : if you're arguing on literally what a DJ is then sure i guess u can say deadmau5 isnt a dj, but nowadays these " producers " get referred to as a dj anyhow, just for the sake of it.

Alpine50 12-11-2012 01:13 AM

If anyone's looking for a ticket pm me Im pretty sure my works not letting me leave early on Boxing Day.
Posted via RS Mobile

Nechako87 12-13-2012 07:55 AM

I also might have a ticket for sale....only thing is that I got the "e-ticket", so it's on a friend's phone...

does anyone know how to "sell" those tickets?