REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mazda Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mazda-tech-resources_313/)
-   -   calling all rx8 owners that have written off or got into an accident! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676591-calling-all-rx8-owners-have-written-off-got-into-accident.html)

m_grewal52 11-14-2012 03:03 PM

calling all rx8 owners that have written off or got into an accident!

Long story short my car went over a median and got hit on the passenger side the roof and all other structural parts are fine along with the engine bay I took a look at the wheels at the scene the are straight too.

I guess Im looking for your guys and gals experience with t bone impacts

Since there is no b pillar is there a chance my car wont be written off? It is decently modded and ypu all know icbc wont gve me shit all for it.

There is minor under carraige damage I noticed the bottom frame on the passenger side was dented and the passenger doors are mangled the headlights intact intercooler intact front bumper needs to be replaced

I find out on dec 4 if its a qrite off or not but really want this car back alive

Thoughts and experience is appreciated

No fucking trolls!
Posted via RS Mobile

Overseas Auto1 11-14-2012 03:25 PM

my buddy has bought a few RX8's from ICBC. I think if the roof is ok and the rear is not accordioned and the floor pan is ok they probably will repair, depending on the value of the car compared to the cost of repairing. ICBC has been writing a lot of cars off lately. Over 500 a week.

m_grewal52 11-14-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overseas Auto1 (Post 8081287)
my buddy has bought a few RX8's from ICBC. I think if the roof is ok and the rear is not accordioned and the floor pan is ok they probably will repair, depending on the value of the car compared to the cost of repairing. ICBC has been writing a lot of cars off lately. Over 500 a week.

Seems like they are busy cant get an appointment till december thanks for the input I was inside and the floor seemed fine.
Posted via RS Mobile

m_grewal52 11-14-2012 03:55 PM

Forgot to mention it has less then 20 xxx kms
Posted via RS Mobile

Overseas Auto1 11-15-2012 07:16 AM

you could make a contract with them as well. You and ICBC come up with an agreed price you need for repair and you take care of getting all the work done.

m_grewal52 11-15-2012 07:51 AM

So sort of like icbc saying heres 16 grand from us the rest is up to me to cover right?

Went to the tow yard yesterday seems like the oil coolers need to be replaced the floor is straight but I noticed the interior consoles shifted from the impact
Posted via RS Mobile

Overseas Auto1 11-15-2012 08:15 AM

Thats right about the coin from ICBC. Thats a bad thing if the console is shifted. That could be hidden damage

m_grewal52 11-16-2012 06:13 AM

Ya I dont have my hopes so high anymore... Thanks for your help
Posted via RS Mobile