REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   Lowering question for 2010 civic 4dr? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676607-lowering-question-2010-civic-4dr.html)

wyldchild 11-14-2012 09:37 PM

Lowering question for 2010 civic 4dr?

:concentrate:

I'm wondering what setup I should use on my 2010 civic 4 door? it's a 2010 Civic 4door, SPORT DX model.

What kind of spring/shox set up, or kit should I go with to drop it a couple inches. help, please! I'm mainly concerned that I will not wreck my warranty, and I could use some advice here.
any pointers would be helpful.

bluejays 11-14-2012 11:21 PM

You need to decide if you want to get lowering springs or coilovers first. It's really all about preference, you will probably be able to find some more specific information at 8thCivic.com - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

cho 11-14-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyldchild (Post 8081628)
:concentrate:

I'm wondering what setup I should use on my 2010 civic 4 door? it's a 2010 Civic 4door, SPORT DX model.

What kind of spring/shox set up, or kit should I go with to drop it a couple inches. help, please! I'm mainly concerned that I will not wreck my warranty, and I could use some advice here.
any pointers would be helpful.

sport = lx
base = dx

=S

AVS_Racing 11-15-2012 10:54 PM

depends your plans, cuz the problem with springs ( "yea il do springs cuz its the cheapest way to lower the car") with most people is that after u install, it doesn't give the ride height they want cuz theres no adjust-ability. another thing is that unless you replace shocks too your spring and shock combo will be mismatched, not giving you the perfect ride. Most likely your shocks will be too soft to handle the drop and it will handle like butt when you push it.

best thing is coilover set up with spring rates matching what u want to do with the car, street or track or herafrush. will give you height adjustment + dampening adjustment. but the problem here is that its also more $$$$.

just decide what you want first, cuz last thing you want is to go with springs, or even with shocks but not up to your specs, then even waste more money uninstalling that to buy a set of coils plus reinstall.

and not sure about warranty cuz depends how asshole your dealer is about that.

Iceman-19 11-15-2012 11:34 PM

Because grocery getting race car?
Posted via RS Mobile

Smallermouse 11-18-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman-19 (Post 8082563)
Because grocery getting race car?
Posted via RS Mobile

Honda civic is not a racecar?!