REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   think i might have slight anxiety/depression? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676615-think-i-might-have-slight-anxiety-depression.html)

gunz4hire 11-14-2012 11:59 PM

think i might have slight anxiety/depression?

edit:

dlo 11-15-2012 12:28 AM

Just see ur dr lol, I had anxiety attacks like crazy and finally got over it, I cut away a lot of things in my life and have been doing well ever since, take things slowly and relax, make little changes in ur life and hopefully ull be good. A member on RS, (dinosaur) has great information, ask her if she's free! Helped me out a lot and I'm grateful for it :D
Posted via RS Mobile

yameen 11-15-2012 03:28 AM

see your doctor and they can refer you to a psychologist/psychiatrist. they are usually beneficial and help you reframe your way of thinking.

bcrdukes 11-15-2012 03:47 AM

Depression is a serious matter. I've had to deal with the matter on a first hand basis (not myself but a personal friend of mine had it.)

There should be nothing to be ashamed about. I would highly suggest you see your family doctor and go from there. If and when you don't tell people, especially your family, not only do you hurt yourself, you're hurting everybody around you. Especially the people who really do care about you. It's not a joking matter where you pop a few pills and go back to normal. It has to be diagnosed and treated properly.

For reference, check out this website - Depression Hurts

guddagudd 11-15-2012 02:34 PM

Do it man, see a doctor, because anxiety/depression literally takes the fun and enjoyment out of everything in your life. Talking to a counselor will give you almost instantaneous results. When I talked to my counselor, she told me that anxiety is perfectly normal, and that everybody gets them from time to time. And the first step towards getting better at controlling anxiety is realizing that it is always more serious than it actually is.

Kidnapman 11-15-2012 04:18 PM

Still need daddy and mommy to stand there for ya? I don't care how old you are, but you shouldn't always need your parents to be there for you when something doesn't go your way. Sometimes we gotta learn to deal with problems ourselves (Especially personal problems), and until you can manage this you're no man in my book.

Depression is not necessarily a bad thing just so you know. This is how we learn to become a better person. Naturally, depression and happiness cannot coexist without each other, in short, they are two sides of the same card. Find the root of your depression and deal with it. It'll eventually be back to haunt you later on in life anyways, so might as well learn while you're still young (I'm assuming) so that you'll have the experience to deal with it later on. It really is a pitiful sight to see an adult stuck in depression.

rsx 11-15-2012 11:06 PM

How about do an introspection and find out why you think you're feeling anxious and depressed? Is it schooling? career? money?

gunz4hire 11-15-2012 11:40 PM

edit:

Shades 11-16-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juwlzx (Post 8082193)
Still need daddy and mommy to stand there for ya? I don't care how old you are, but you shouldn't always need your parents to be there for you when something doesn't go your way. Sometimes we gotta learn to deal with problems ourselves (Especially personal problems), and until you can manage this you're no man in my book.

Depression is not necessarily a bad thing just so you know. This is how we learn to become a better person. Naturally, depression and happiness cannot coexist without each other, in short, they are two sides of the same card. Find the root of your depression and deal with it. It'll eventually be back to haunt you later on in life anyways, so might as well learn while you're still young (I'm assuming) so that you'll have the experience to deal with it later on. It really is a pitiful sight to see an adult stuck in depression.

This advice is incomplete. While you may not have family or friends to help you, you have other options I think that are better. Since you go to college, visit the health and counseling clinic at your campus. Make an appointment with a counselor. Those people are great because they don't know you and they will use their training to listen to your problems. Best of all, it's free! That's where I started.

Excelsis 11-16-2012 04:42 PM

can you describe your depression?

dinosaur 11-16-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBPTL6o4 (Post 8081779)
Just see ur dr lol, I had anxiety attacks like crazy and finally got over it, I cut away a lot of things in my life and have been doing well ever since, take things slowly and relax, make little changes in ur life and hopefully ull be good. A member on RS, (dinosaur) has great information, ask her if she's free! Helped me out a lot and I'm grateful for it :D
Posted via RS Mobile

wow! thanks, dude :)

dinosaur 11-16-2012 05:43 PM

Instead of reposting the same advice I gave before, take a look at this thread:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67057...y-attacks.html

There is a lot of great advice and links through-out. The topic may have been more directed towards anxiety, but anxiety and depression are usually intertwined.

Feel free to PM me if you want :) Also, props to you for reaching out for help.