REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   NYE 2013 Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/676722-nye-2013-events.html)

skiiipi 11-17-2012 12:33 PM

NYE 2013 Events

Any body going to any events this year?
Anything in particular worth going to?

I'm flying back to Van from the interior on NYE and would like to go to an event downtown as oppose to just a house party.

I know there is the New Year's event at the Shangri-La
And there is a few others in town.

Any thoughts on these events?
Posted via RS Mobile

DavidNguyen 11-17-2012 04:15 PM

There's always the NYE rave @ the PNE
Check out clubzone for more events
Posted via RS Mobile

skiiipi 11-17-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNguyen (Post 8083842)
There's always the NYE rave @ the PNE
Check out clubzone for more events
Posted via RS Mobile

Not much of a rave person
Looking for a more classier event
Hence why I was looking at the Gala at Shangrila, but I never been to one of these in Van, so not sure what to expect
Posted via RS Mobile

OTG-ZR2 11-17-2012 11:06 PM

How is a rave not classy?
Posted via RS Mobile

AAnthony 11-18-2012 12:11 PM

-----

Timewav3zer0 11-18-2012 12:19 PM

lol someones mad

The_Situation 11-18-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 8084362)
^ that's a dumb fucking question ....

Explain to us how a rave is "classy".
Is it the hundreds of chinese/vietnamese who put all their jackets into plastic bags so they don't have to pay coatcheck?
Or is it the fact that everybody's sweating up a storm because they're beamed off dirty E tabs?

NYE sucks, its either old azn grandparents or young azn gangsters. No Racist, but that basically sums up "Solid NYE's"
Posted via RS Mobile

pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Bongs&Axes 11-18-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Is it the hundreds of chinese/vietnamese who put all their jackets into plastic bags so they don't have to pay coatcheck?
Or is it the fact that everybody's sweating up a storm because they're beamed off dirty E tabs?

NYE sucks, its either old azn grandparents or young azn gangsters. No Racist, but that basically sums up "Solid NYE's"
Posted via RS Mobile

relax man, personally I find the Asian parents hilarious. Where would we be without people like long the waterbottle head guy & the parents with their eyes closed looking like they're doing aerobic exercises. And people capped out are generally nicer than people that are drunk, it's really not that bad.
Posted via RS Mobile

kwy 11-18-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

Get your sarcasm meter fixed.

xmisstrinh 11-18-2012 04:51 PM

Shangri-la is not all its made out to be. Went last year and was super disappointed. The ballroom was far from "grand". The ceilings were so low, 8 feet high, max, and it was a frikken maze in there. The set up of that ballroom was so stupid.

skiiipi 11-18-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmisstrinh (Post 8084565)
Shangri-la is not all its made out to be. Went last year and was super disappointed. The ballroom was far from "grand". The ceilings were so low, 8 feet high, max, and it was a frikken maze in there. The set up of that ballroom was so stupid.

good to know
is there another event that you would recommend then?

there is this one at the fairmont waterfront
2013 New Years Eve Ball, Vancouver BC, Monday, December 31, 2012, Fairmont Waterfront

jewel ball room
Jewel Ballroom Grand Gala 2013, Vancouver BC, Monday, December 31, 2012, Jewel Ballroom and Catering

rosewood hotel
HOTEL GEORGIA NEW YEARS BALL, Vancouver BC, Monday, December 31, 2012, Rosewood Hotel Georgia

xmisstrinh 11-18-2012 06:15 PM

Honestly last year was my first time partying for NYE so I'm not sure what to expect. I might go to the Fairmont Waterfront this year. I've had a peek had one of the ballrooms before and I tell you, MUCH nicer and "grand", if you will.

Good luck!

skiiipi 11-18-2012 06:23 PM

I noticed all the events are 25+ for guys....they strictly enforce that?
i'm 24....gonnna be a big deal? or is it more the dress code that they care about?

tiger_handheld 11-18-2012 07:19 PM

^ if you are a guy it will be an issue. for girls not so much. email the promoter and get it in email before you buy the tix. remember clubzone.com does not offer ANY REFUNDS unless approved by the promoter.

ps: if you guys are buying tix buy it before Dec 15. most tickets prices will quadruple after. and that "risk of sell out is high/low med" - that shit is legit don't think it's a ploy to get you to buy sooner.

skiiipi 11-18-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8084678)
^ if you are a guy it will be an issue. for girls not so much. email the promoter and get it in email before you buy the tix. remember clubzone.com does not offer ANY REFUNDS unless approved by the promoter.

ps: if you guys are buying tix buy it before Dec 15. most tickets prices will quadruple after. and that "risk of sell out is high/low med" - that shit is legit don't think it's a ploy to get you to buy sooner.

newb question...how do i contact the promoters?

Durrann 11-18-2012 10:55 PM

Fairmont is where it's at this year ?
Posted via RS Mobile

tiger_handheld 11-19-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8084863)
newb question...how do i contact the promoters?

Go to the clubzone.com event listing and there is usually an email address for the promoter.

skiiipi 11-20-2012 02:06 PM

Just got a response saying age will be strictly enforced....damn never thought at 24 I'd have a hard time getting into a party.
Posted via RS Mobile

Vansterdam 11-21-2012 02:40 AM

25+? WTF

Time to find a LG NYE party :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

Alpine50 11-26-2012 03:03 AM

House party's are always the best IMO. Clubs are just a waste of cash and over priced drinks. And raves aren't that bad, have to agree M'd out people are a lot more chill than drunk people
Posted via RS Mobile

threezero 12-10-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8086258)
Just got a response saying age will be strictly enforced....damn never thought at 24 I'd have a hard time getting into a party.
Posted via RS Mobile

MIDNIGHT STARDUST 2013 presented by BrassFan Entertainment

midnight stardust. 21+. Dinner + dance. The Dinner will be on a cruise ship than dock for the dance at Westin Bayshore. Formal suit and tie event.

corollagtSr5 12-10-2012 11:40 PM

The best places is where you buy the F-in tickets to get your F-in drinks. Then you end up lining up for your drinks longer than you are partying because there isnt enough servers.