REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   rebuild shocks (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677140-rebuild-shocks.html)

gc200 11-26-2012 04:41 PM

rebuild shocks

anyone know or recommend a good local company that rebuild aftermarket shocks?

FN-2199 11-26-2012 04:45 PM

What brand shock? Depending on the brand, you may be better off buying a new replacement, or inquiring about warranty. Other than that, I think RMR has the only shock dyno in town, (I think they may only do bikes, though) but I'm not 100% sure.

91civicZC 11-26-2012 05:26 PM

As above, every shock manufacture that I know of uses their own components. You need to say what brand. I would contact the companies who made them, and ask if they have a local rebuilder.

gc200 11-26-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRESHvibe (Post 8091390)
What brand shock? Depending on the brand, you may be better off buying a new replacement, or inquiring about warranty. Other than that, I think RMR has the only shock dyno in town, (I think they may only do bikes, though) but I'm not 100% sure.

its just ksport kontrol pro

gc200 11-26-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91civicZC (Post 8091423)
As above, every shock manufacture that I know of uses their own components. You need to say what brand. I would contact the companies who made them, and ask if they have a local rebuilder.

i did contacted ksport today but no local rebuilder that they of. it will cost me $90 per shocks + shipping. i just have to make it stiffer than what it came with.

bcrdukes 11-26-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc200 (Post 8091434)
i did contacted ksport today but no local rebuilder that they of. it will cost me $90 per shocks + shipping. i just have to make it stiffer than what it came with.

Ok, so what you are trying to do is re-valve the shock. Are you switching over to a spring with a higher rate to compensate for the change?

Any way, contact Rod @ RMR Suspensions first to see if he can help. His primary focus is on motorcycle, dirt bikes and ATVs but he has, in the past, worked on applications for cars and trucks. If he can help you, he has an in-house shock dyno to ensure that you are getting what you're paying for.

Alien Race Cars in Victoria is an alternative to RMR.

gc200 11-26-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8091475)
Ok, so what you are trying to do is re-valve the shock. Are you switching over to a spring with a higher rate to compensate for the change?

Any way, contact Rod @ RMR Suspensions first to see if he can help. His primary focus is on motorcycle, dirt bikes and ATVs but he has, in the past, worked on applications for cars and trucks. If he can help you, he has an in-house shock dyno to ensure that you are getting what you're paying for.

Alien Race Cars in Victoria is an alternative to RMR.

yes re-valve. yes higher spring rate. ill contact him. thx

SumAznGuy 11-26-2012 06:16 PM

If RMR can't re-valve them, then your best bet might be trying to contact someone that isn't local.

What companies did K-sport tell you was an authorized re-builder?
$90 plus shipping per corner is pretty cheap. I was quoted by Koni and a few other companies over $150 plus shipping per corner to re-build/valve a normal off the street Koni yellow.

gc200 11-26-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 8091486)
If RMR can't re-valve them, then your best bet might be trying to contact someone that isn't local.

What companies did K-sport tell you was an authorized re-builder?
$90 plus shipping per corner is pretty cheap. I was quoted by Koni and a few other companies over $150 plus shipping per corner to re-build/valve a normal off the street Koni yellow.

yah ill see what he can do and how much will he charge me.

k-sport will do it for $90/corner coz i bought it directly from but i have to ship it to them. i kept my $90/corner certificate that he sent me. he didnt mention any authorized shop.

jing 11-26-2012 06:52 PM

Why not use that money towards something better instead?

bcrdukes 11-26-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jing (Post 8091512)
Why not use that money towards something better instead?

Agreed.

gc200 11-26-2012 08:43 PM

just so u guys know that there is nothing wrong with my shocks i just have to match 14kg springs. so pls dont tell me to buy something better coz my car is not for show and tell.