REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Party venue (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677150-party-venue.html)

anl27 11-26-2012 07:30 PM

Party venue

My gf and I share the same birthday and we're planning to have an epic birthday party, inviting both our friends. Anyone know of any venues that will comfortably accommodate roughly 20-30 people? We would prefer not to celebrate at a club or bar environment, but rather in a private room setting.

I've looked into some hotel penthouse suites but I'm concerned that the noise level will garner complaints. (Yes there will be alcohol involved and we may continue well into after-hours)

Thanks! :)

shenmecar 11-26-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anl27 (Post 8091554)
My gf and I share the same birthday and we're planning to have an epic birthday party, inviting both our friends. Anyone know of any venues that will comfortably accommodate roughly 20-30 people? We would prefer not to celebrate at a club or bar environment, but rather in a private room setting.

I've looked into some hotel penthouse suites but I'm concerned that the noise level will garner complaints. (Yes there will be alcohol involved and we may continue well into after-hours)

Like literally the same day? Wow. Is that why you chose her? One less day of the year to remember..............

Anyways, look for friends who lives in a townhouse. Townhouses usually have a clubhouse that a tenant can rent. Its usually pretty big too. I've been to parties at a few. The clubhouses are also seperate from other townhouses so you shouldnt worry about noise........

yray 11-26-2012 08:06 PM

is RS invited ? :troll:

anl27 11-26-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 8091560)
Like literally the same day? Wow. Is that why you chose her? One less day of the year to remember..............

Anyways, look for friends who lives in a townhouse. Townhouses usually have a clubhouse that a tenant can rent. Its usually pretty big too. I've been to parties at a few. The clubhouses are also seperate from other townhouses so you shouldnt worry about noise........

Yep, it is pretty special haha, that's why we want to do something big.

That would be great, but I know a lot of townhouse clubhouses close really early (i.e. around 12), and we're looking for something open later.

rsx 11-26-2012 08:43 PM

bimini?

z3german 11-26-2012 08:44 PM

cielies has private rooms, my buddies party had who knows how many people but if your room spends more than 500 bucks on booze the room fee is waived.

apparently the room has its own private bar or something, not sure this is all from the facebook page was too busy to go that night

!e.lo_ 11-26-2012 09:00 PM

^actually just went to one this past Saturday.
private room with a bar. and yes, spend bar tab over $500, and room fee is waived.
was good times.

tiger_handheld 11-26-2012 09:03 PM

how did you find each other? and what are the chances of that?
i hope you go buy a lottery or something!

on topic: find a clubhouse or a party room at a buddies townhouse/condo complex.

red_2 11-26-2012 11:07 PM

Try a hotel banquet hall, I know you only have 30 people but they should have smaller meeting rooms to accommodate that. Those rooms are multi-functional and they have menu's to go with whatever budget you have!

Lomac 11-26-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8091653)
how did you find each other? and what are the chances of that?

Not terribly hard, actually. One of my ex girlfriends has her birthday the day before mine.

Another option for you to check out is to rent out a pub itself. A big group of us are renting an entire bar for NYE this year. Private DJ, private bartenders, don't have to worry about other people coming in and invading your party... Surprisingly it's not that expensive, either Well, relatively speaking, anyway... :lol And yes, lots of places have clauses put in place where if you spend over X on booze, the rental fees are waived.

Hurricane 11-27-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anl27 (Post 8091554)

Vancouver private dining and banquet rooms | OpenTable

It's a little unreasonable to think you are gonna find somewhere that 30 people can sh!t party until the morning hours and not 'garner' any attention.

Maybe a barn in Chilliwack?

Otherwise, go to one of the places listed above, and take a smaller group back to the hotel suite when the clock strikes 2/3/4am.

No legit place will allow 30 people to drink until sunrise.

Tapioca 11-27-2012 09:06 AM

Condo party rooms are usually more trouble than their worth because you have to be out by midnight and if the property manager is doing his job, you need to have a private liquor licence if you're going to serve any liquor (after all, the strata is liable for anything outside of residents' suites). Washrooms are often inconveniently located and some don't even have stoves or fridges to store booze and food (like mine.)

Lomac's suggestion of renting a bar is probably your best bet. Hopefully your friends spend about $100 in food/booze per because that's what it will probably take to get the place to yourself.
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 11-27-2012 10:03 AM

I guess you guys still live with family? I do this sort of stuff at my house.

TheKingdom2000 11-27-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8091797)
Not terribly hard, actually. One of my ex girlfriends has her birthday the day before mine.

Another option for you to check out is to rent out a pub itself. A big group of us are renting an entire bar for NYE this year. Private DJ, private bartenders, don't have to worry about other people coming in and invading your party... Surprisingly it's not that expensive, either Well, relatively speaking, anyway... :lol And yes, lots of places have clauses put in place where if you spend over X on booze, the rental fees are waived.

Mind shedding some light on pricing here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8092006)
I guess you guys still live with family? I do this sort of stuff at my house.

I don't have any friends who own a detached home. Condo's and town houses, but not a home. I have my own condo and I get noise complaints all the time. Having 30 people over will definitely not fly. As soon as the clock strikes 11pm, security will be knocking on your door.

Lomac 11-27-2012 01:30 PM

It was a few thousand dollars to rent the pub... can't recall the exact number. But because we booked it for a normally busy night (NYE, of course it's gonna be busy), it was more expensive than if it was booked for a random Tuesday in February. Your best bet is to call up a few pubs and ask them how much it would be for the day you want it. Don't necessarily pick a pub that is popular like Dublin's, but look towards something that's less busy. Chances are they'll charge less than the rest.

dinosaur 11-27-2012 01:58 PM

How much are you wanting to spend?

Are you planning on hiring a bartender? dj? cleaning staff? tables/chairs? decor?

Are you guys more the party/drinking/dancing type or more of a relaxing group (playing some music, socialize, board games, few drinks, etc)?

dachinesedude 11-27-2012 03:04 PM

those houses that people rent to host illegal drinking parties, hongers call them "si dou"

semi srs