REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Lost driver pulled up to Point Roberts crossing nabbed with 33 kilos of pot (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677201-lost-driver-pulled-up-point-roberts-crossing-nabbed-33-kilos-pot.html)

ilvtofu 11-27-2012 08:39 PM

Lost driver pulled up to Point Roberts crossing nabbed with 33 kilos of pot

In case you didn't hear about it yet, epic fail lol
Apparently $660,000 worth of weed

Lost driver who pulled up to Point Roberts border crossing nabbed with 33 kilos of pot

Quote:

A driver who says he lost his way while approaching the Point Roberts border crossing may want to buy a map — when he gets out of jail.

The man’s truck was searched after Canadian Border Services officers spotted the vehicle moving erratically in the lanes leading to the inspection booths, and attempting to turn around to avoid officials.

The search, on Saturday, turned up 33 kilograms of marijuana crammed into 11 garbage bags — and the 54-year-old Canadian pickup driver now faces various drug charges. His vehicle was also seized.

The bust is the fourth in the Pacific Region this month, and comes after officers at Vancouver International Airport intercepted travellers who had swallowed heroin and methamphetamines in three failed smuggling attempts.

Ronin 11-27-2012 08:42 PM

LOL. Hey, law enforcement! Special delivery!

Sentinel 11-27-2012 08:51 PM

Lol what a dumbass! Someone should make a meme for him, "carrying 11kg of marijuana, gets lost n drives toward customs."
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 11-27-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 8092637)
Lol what a dumbass! Someone should make a meme for him, "carrying 11kg of marijuana, gets lost n drives toward customs."
Posted via RS Mobile

lol, someone should do a meme about you. 'reads article and instructs someone to do a meme about article...doesn't read article properly'

:troll:

Presto 11-27-2012 09:22 PM

Pic of the weed from CKNW:

http://www.cknw.com/Pics/IMG_1654.jpg

Comment:
Quote:

That's $600+ per ounce, for what looks like a lot of shake.
That does look like a lot of shake. I guess the dollar figure of the bust is based on cost per joint!

westopher 11-27-2012 10:31 PM

$2500 per lb street value x metric system conversion x trying to make a story more interesting = about 400k of monetary value magically appearing from nowhere. Even broken down to the gram its only worth 330k

spyker 11-27-2012 10:50 PM

Even paying $2500 a pound is paying way too much.I hate how the media blows things up just to make a story more interesting.

Like if that picture of the dope posted is worth $660,000 street value.....ya right.

dlo 11-27-2012 10:53 PM

^ how is 2500 too much? some medicinal places buy packs for 2400-2600 lol but thats crazy quality tho.. and yeah that looks like fucking shake :lol, prob finished a trim job and was driving around

jasonturbo 11-28-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8092665)
Pic of the weed from CKNW:

http://www.cknw.com/Pics/IMG_1654.jpg

If I had to choose between that pile of weed or 600k in cash...

...I would take the weed :nyan:

Presto 11-28-2012 07:13 AM

^^
Take the cash, buy better weed. Spend rest of money on women, cars, and vacations.

GLOW 11-28-2012 07:20 AM

maybe they reported high numbers b/c they're getting ripped off by their own supplier :badpokerface:

gdoh 11-28-2012 07:58 AM

bags of lawn trimmings

Gumby 11-28-2012 08:56 AM

The question is - did he really get lost, or was that just his excuse?

TheKingdom2000 11-28-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 8092915)
bags of lawn trimmings

Yeah, it all looks like shake.

InvisibleSoul 11-28-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8092940)
The question is - did he really get lost, or was that just his excuse?

Not sure if you've been to the Point Roberts crossing, but basically like 10m before you reach the US border guards, you can turn left to go back to Canada.

Problem is you still have to go through Canada customs when you do that, even though you technically never left Canada. It's weird.

I had to do that once. Drove all the way there, only to realize my wallet had fallen out of my pocket at home... so I had to turn around and go through Canada customs even though I had no ID on me. Luckily, they didn't give me any hassle at all.

From the article, it sounds like this is what he did... and if so, definitely seems like he somehow got lost.

vafanculo 11-28-2012 09:51 AM

Congrats, CBSA. You just took a bunch of cookies and browniess off the street.
Posted via RS Mobile

Drow 11-28-2012 03:59 PM

all that shake.... you can make the world's most potent brownies with them.

shenmecar 11-28-2012 07:23 PM

You can get a LOT more and a LOT better with 660k.

SoulCrusher 11-28-2012 08:10 PM

The turn around lane is just south of the Canada/USA border marker. You physically exited canada if you travel past that marker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8092969)
Not sure if you've been to the Point Roberts crossing, but basically like 10m before you reach the US border guards, you can turn left to go back to Canada.

Problem is you still have to go through Canada customs when you do that, even though you technically never left Canada. It's weird.

I had to do that once. Drove all the way there, only to realize my wallet had fallen out of my pocket at home... so I had to turn around and go through Canada customs even though I had no ID on me. Luckily, they didn't give me any hassle at all.

From the article, it sounds like this is what he did... and if so, definitely seems like he somehow got lost.

Posted via RS Mobile

ImportPsycho 11-28-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8092969)

yea but, you would have a blind to not know that you are about the cross the border. It's not like Peace Arch, where it's highway and boom, border. PR is right next to residential area, there lotta streets and alleys to make U turn.
Maybe he was delivering it to a house next to the border and missed a street :suspicious:

InvisibleSoul 11-28-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulCrusher (Post 8093465)
The turn around lane is just south of the Canada/USA border marker. You physically exited canada if you travel past that marker.

Posted via RS Mobile

I guess that is true... but it's still odd that you have to go through Canada customs without ever having gone through US customs.

What if you just stayed in that area between the Canada and US checkpoints? :D

SoulCrusher 11-28-2012 09:26 PM

There's no custom check points directly on the 49.
Posted via RS Mobile

xilley 11-28-2012 09:38 PM

sounds like everyone on this thread are drug dealers :inout:

rexsomnii 11-28-2012 09:45 PM

looks like stuff i would feed to my guinea pigs LOOOL