REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   DOUBLE Fatal accident on Lions Gate Bridge (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677267-double-fatal-accident-lions-gate-bridge.html)

Great68 12-11-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Z- (Post 8100618)
. I DEMAND, STRONGLY DEMAND an apology from you, or I shall be visiting your company to have a little chat with your boss about this matter.

:gtfo:

Phil@rise 12-11-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

You are a very VERY arrogant and disrespectful person. It's fine to express your own opinions of this matter, but DO NOT start name calling others especially the deceased. How would you like it if your son or daughter got in an accident like this, REGARDLESS of the fact they were speeding or not, and people call them "idiots" or say things such as "they deserve to die" and such. You had no idea what kind of person they were, dont judge them on this ONE MATTER. We all made mistakes, but we are all alive now meaning we didnt pay for it with our LIFE. The driver was like a little brother to me, i am still very very sad because of this accident, and i still will be even years after. I DO NOT appreciate you calling him names like that, I think it's very rude to do so. I DEMAND, STRONGLY DEMAND an apology from you, or I shall be visiting your company to have a little chat with your boss about this matter. Please, DO NOT disrespect the DECEASED, they may not mean anything to you, but they mean everything to us!!!

Come visit then. I didnt say they deserved to die. Dont put words in my mouth nor threaten me. I stand behind everything I have said in this thread. I'm sorry you are reeling from your loss I am not sorry for my opinions.

SpuGen 12-11-2012 08:05 PM

Didn't one of them start that Facebook hate group against that Girl, Caroline Hui?
Then basically got a whole bunch of people to bully her both online and at school?

Good people huh?

fT-z33wor 12-11-2012 08:14 PM

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu...i7f5o2_250.gif

guddagudd 12-11-2012 08:15 PM

That's fucking horrible ^ ^

Rdk1 12-11-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 8104660)
Didn't one of them start that Facebook hate group against that Girl, Caroline Hui?
Then basically got a whole bunch of people to bully her both online and at school?

Good people huh?

wow really? damn. I thought that was started by a girl.

TypeRNammer 12-11-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

I DEMAND, STRONGLY DEMAND an apology from you, or I shall be visiting your company to have a little chat with your boss about this matter. Please, DO NOT disrespect the DECEASED, they may not mean anything to you, but they mean everything to us!!!

Drow 12-12-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 8104660)

Good people huh?

heh i rmb that. now i rmb where i remembered him from. I was bitching at the group who was poking fun at her, he was part of it...

rip tho

The_AK 12-12-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

You are a very VERY arrogant and disrespectful person. It's fine to express your own opinions of this matter, but DO NOT start name calling others especially the deceased. How would you like it if your son or daughter got in an accident like this, REGARDLESS of the fact they were speeding or not, and people call them "idiots" or say things such as "they deserve to die" and such. You had no idea what kind of person they were, dont judge them on this ONE MATTER. We all made mistakes, but we are all alive now meaning we didnt pay for it with our LIFE. The driver was like a little brother to me, i am still very very sad because of this accident, and i still will be even years after. I DO NOT appreciate you calling him names like that, I think it's very rude to do so. I DEMAND, STRONGLY DEMAND an apology from you, or I shall be visiting your company to have a little chat with your boss about this matter. Please, DO NOT disrespect the DECEASED, they may not mean anything to you, but they mean everything to us!!!

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1382bf3f.gif

Akinari 12-12-2012 10:11 AM

Wow, this thread is still going? :badpokerface:

Gridlock 12-12-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

I don't think anyone here would dare to say that they deserved to die, and they would be run off the board if they did.

"don't judge them on this ONE MATTER"

Ok, so we have ALLEGEDLY ascertained that they were driving recklessly on a bridge when the accident occurred, ALLEGEDLY sold drugs in a dial-a-dope operation and ALLEGEDLY took part in a mass online bullying campaign.

Why don't you tell us what matters we can use here?

Let this be a lesson to you. I don't care what you believe in, or what you think happens when you die, but here's something to consider: what legacy do you want to leave behind? Sometimes you may never get a chance to right your wrongs.

I don't see any of their friends here saying, "you know, he made some mistakes, but was working on being a better person." All I see is people fighting harder to revise history, your stupid post included.

Don't yell at people because they refuse to see the angel you did.

Phil@rise 12-12-2012 12:01 PM

couldnt have said it better myself!

fT-z33wor 12-12-2012 12:42 PM

This thread delivers. I would like to personally thank all the posters for making it possible, especially -Z- lol.

Yodamaster 12-12-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/odiwj.gif

cruz-in 12-12-2012 01:54 PM

i need a refill on pop corn please.

- kT 12-12-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8105157)
I don't see any of their friends here saying, "you know, he made some mistakes, but was working on being a better person." All I see is people fighting harder to revise history, your stupid post included.

Don't yell at people because they refuse to see the angel you did.

first off, gridlock: not directed at you, more of a general statement

nobody's an angel. nobody. every single person on this planet has broken the law or the rules at one point or another, be it big or small

it's not my place to refute nor confirm any of the claims made in this thread, but let me just ask one general question. you don't need to grace anybody with an answer, just give it some thought: how would you feel if a friend of yours passed on too early, and people started making general claims about their past, be it accurate or not. wouldn't you be upset? half this thread has been speculation, judgement and a bit of criticism. for two people who still had their whole lives to live?

all anybody asks for when a friend passes is a little respect. i'll leave it at that.
Posted via RS Mobile

subordinate 12-12-2012 02:08 PM

I think bullying is a bigger dick move than getting a regular speeding violation.

inv4zn 12-12-2012 02:11 PM

^This thread really shows how widely different people's opinions, and essentially their life principles are.

Save for the few idiots who added comic relief to the thread, much of the debate and heated words in this thread are just a difference of opinion really.

I didn't know the two deceased, and therefore don't have much attachment to their tragic end; but I don't agree with being so blunt as Phil ceremoniously was throughout the entire thread either

Was it disrespectful to speak of two young lives lost as objectively and blatantly possible, knowing there are people grieving in the community (re: RS)? Yes, probably. But then again it doesn't sound like the two were stellar examples of good ethics and responsibility either.

If, hypothetically, this wasn't RS and was just a news site with comments enabled, and you saw "disrespectful" remarks, would you feel the same way? I write disrespectful because again, while to you it may seem so to others it may be completely warranted.

I, for one, would like this thread locked now because it's no longer about the accident that occurred, and has turned into a pissing contest between individuals who are clashing needlessly and telling people who don't agree they're wrong, when clearly neither side is right/wrong.

If they were your friends, mourn their deaths without trying to blindly defend their collective history, and accept the fact that they may have made mistakes that are going to be criticized.

If they weren't your friends, you're more than entitled to feel a certain way about their actions that lead to their deaths, but understand that there are ways to convey your thoughts and opinions without offending people needlessly and coming off as a brute asshole.

Gridlock 12-12-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 8105262)
first off, gridlock: not directed at you, more of a general statement

nobody's an angel. nobody. every single person on this planet has broken the law or the rules at one point or another, be it big or small

it's not my place to refute nor confirm any of the claims made in this thread, but let me just ask one general question. you don't need to grace anybody with an answer, just give it some thought: how would you feel if a friend of yours passed on too early, and people started making general claims about their past, be it accurate or not. wouldn't you be upset? half this thread has been speculation, judgement and a bit of criticism. for two people who still had their whole lives to live?

all anybody asks for when a friend passes is a little respect. i'll leave it at that.
Posted via RS Mobile

Oh, I get your thoughts, and I respect your thoughts on the subject.

MY issue is the way that people are trying to gain that respect, and express their anger over some of the things in this thread, pure and simple.

(big point)Is it sad they died? Fuck yes. My condolences go out to anyone who knew them.

I don't think there is much value in going around threatening people for an apology because they refuse to accept that maybe they weren't saints. Do I care they weren't saints? No. Refer to (big point) above. Either give it up in this thread, and move on, or acknowledge that they had some life skills to master, and the time they had to do so was cut short because of a stupid mistake.

Don't fight the truth here. Learn from it. Are you an asshole? Now's the time to stop. Do you race over bridges taking yours and others life in your own hands? Maybe you should stop. Do you park in handi-capped spaces? Maybe you should start parking in a regular spot. Is your legacy for your friends, family and strangers alike in a condition that you are proud of? Maybe now is the time to change it.

Yelling at people that didn't know them because they refuse to see past an ALLEGED record isn't going to bring your friends back, or change a thing. That's what people have to go on. Can I ASSUME that they were great guys at heart that made some mistakes? Sure. But unfortunately that's ALLEGED as well.

Akinari 12-12-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruz-in (Post 8105260)
i need a refill on pop corn please.

more like 3 :badpokerface:

GLOW 12-12-2012 02:34 PM

a lot of new accounts with 1 post in this thread. :suspicious:

fT-z33wor 12-12-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8105274)
^This thread really shows how widely different people's opinions, and essentially their life principles are.

Save for the few idiots who added comic relief to the thread, much of the debate and heated words in this thread are just a difference of opinion really.

I didn't know the two decreased, and therefore don't have much attachment to their tragic end; but I don't agree with being so blunt as Phil ceremoniously was throughout the entire thread either

Was it disrespectful to speak of two young lives lost as objectively and blatantly possible, knowing there are people grieving in the community (re: RS)? Yes, probably. But then again it doesn't sound like the two were stellar examples of good ethics and responsibility either.

If, hypothetically, this wasn't RS and was just a news site with comments enabled, and you saw "disrespectful" remarks, would you feel the same way? I write disrespectful because again, while to you it may seem so to others it may be completely warranted.

I, for one, would like this thread locked now because it's no longer about the accident that occurred, and has turned into a pissing contest between individuals who are clashing needlessly and telling people who don't agree they're wrong, when clearly neither side is right/wrong.

If they were your friends, mourn their deaths without trying to blindly defend their collective history, and accept the fact that they may have made mistakes that are going to be criticized.

If they weren't your friends, you're more than entitled to feel a certain way about their actions that lead to their deaths, but understand that there are ways to convey your thoughts and opinions without offending people needlessly and coming off as a brute asshole.

You articulated that so well I would thank you twice if I could, but at the same time I don't want to see this thread closed because the pissing contest has become such an invaluable source of entertainment :lol

Marco911 12-13-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8105157)

Ok, so we have ALLEGEDLY ascertained that they were driving recklessly on a bridge when the accident occurred, ALLEGEDLY sold drugs in a dial-a-dope operation and ALLEGEDLY took part in a mass online bullying campaign.

There's nothing alleged about it. He was a convicted drug dealer. And not some guy that happened to sell some dope to friends and acquaintances. He was part of an organised criminal enterprise.

Since I did not know either of them, there should be zero expectation for me to mourn their passing.

I am rather chuffed about the legacy that they possibly leave behind. - having the middle lane shut down on LGB just before midnight.

freakshow 12-13-2012 09:16 AM

This thread is classic.. Someone dies that no one knows, everyone wouldn't hesitate to give their real opinions. Someone dies that some people know, they all come and cry foul.

Look, if one of my friends passed away for speeding on a bridge and smashing into a bus of innocent people, the last place I would go is RS. It's the internet, of course it's going to be bad, and it might even be true.
It doesn't matter if they were angels or demons, if they were my friend, I would take the time to mourn, but I certainly wouldn't go on RS demanding that from others.

Some posters here just reek of naivety..

Graeme S 12-13-2012 09:27 AM

Alrighty, little thread. You've had your fun, you've run around and pulled down the curtains. Now it's time to go to bed.

Forever.