REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #26
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daich View Post
the issue is a chip they bought for my car. It didn't work right. They took it out and have not made a real attempt in a year to fix it. They either can't fix it or don't know how. There is no other reason that in a year taking it back six times that they could not fix it. They never tell me either that they didn't do it till I go to pick it up. And I am talking about leaving it with them for weeks each time. This is not the only issue either but the most important.
1. What kind of car?
2. What "chip"?
3. What problem exactly is this chip causing?
4. Have you talked to them about the issue?
5. What did they say?

Not trying to call you a liar, but the boys over there are honest people, and they do damn good work, as I have stated previously in this thread. There seems to be a disconnect between you and them, have you raised this issue with them? I fail to believe that they wouldn't do their very best to correct the issue if you did.
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #27
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
What happened to Z-Tune?

Berz out.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
What happened to Z-Tune?

Berz out.
Z-Tune hasn't existed for years. Jurie opened up MNR along with Sean and Logan.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #29
Ricer Mod

I know it hasn't existed I was wondering why. I used to go there all the time. Where did Andrew go?

Berz out.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I know it hasn't existed I was wondering why. I used to go there all the time. Where did Andrew go?

Berz out.
As far as I know business was just inconsistent, especially in the slow seasons, and they had a big shop, so keeping it going took a lot of money, so they packed it in and went their separate ways.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:22 PM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I have talked to them about it till I'm blue in the face. Seven times they have had it in for up to three weeks at a time. My point is if I bring it in to be fixed don't give it back to me seven times not fixed. Don't know the name of chip I've never seen it they have it. Car runs like a piece of shit when it is in. Bad idle dies won't start stalls. They continually say they will fix it but haven't. SEVEN TIMES. It's been a year. They have done some good work to my car but this has been a debacle for a year. If they are such great technicians why haven't they fixed it ?
daich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #32

Quote:
I have talked to them about it till I'm blue in the face. Seven times they have had it in for up to three weeks at a time. My point is if I bring it in to be fixed don't give it back to me seven times not fixed. Don't know the name of chip I've never seen it they have it. Car runs like a piece of shit when it is in. Bad idle dies won't start stalls. They continually say they will fix it but haven't. SEVEN TIMES. It's been a year. They have done some good work to my car but this has been a debacle for a year. If they are such great technicians why haven't they fixed it ?
I can't speak to your exact situation as it appears you are incapable of providing even a modicum of specific information.

So if you are looking for help with this problem, it is literally impossible for us to help.

If you just want to vent and speak ill of MNR where they can't defend themselves, then go for it, but I suggest others take this guys opinion with a grain of salt.

My suggestion to you is if you have taken your car there 6 or 7 times (you are unclear), and you are still unsatisfied, TAKE YOUR CAR ELSEWHERE.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #33
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I told you the problems. I told you the car. I also told you the number of times I took it back six times plus the original time in is seven. I will for sure take it elsewhere. I don't talk about anybody behind their back. I was there this morning and said it to their face. He again had no answer as to why it wasn't fixed. If you want I'd be happy to meet you there and you can ask them yourself. And as for not providing modicum of specific information you obviously just don't understand English. No help is required from you ! My car is a Celica gts

Last edited by daich; 05-14-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: didnt get car type in
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #34

Quote:
I told you the problems. I told you the car. I also told you the number of times I took it back six times plus the original time in is seven. I will for sure take it elsewhere. I don't talk about anybody behind their back. I was there this morning and said it to their face. He again had no answer as to why it wasn't fixed. If you want I'd be happy to meet you there and you can ask them yourself. And as for not providing modicum of specific information you obviously just don't understand English. No help is required from you !
Please do point me to where you told anyone on this forum in your 4 posts what car you have...

What am I supposed to go and backtrace your IP and find your facebook so I can find a picture of your car?

Old 05-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #35
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Celica GTS
Old 05-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #36
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Celica GTS
i'm with meme405 on this one. he asked you very specific questions and you answered with crappy answers.

"Car runs like a piece of shit when it is in. Bad idle dies won't start stalls."
That is lacking any sort of real information.
How do you have "bad idle" when it "won't start"? If it doesn't start then it shouldn't idle lol. When does it stall? Cold idle? Warm idle? How does it "run like a piece of shit"? Does it stall because of the bad idle? Or does it stall when you try to start?

Maybe you are having such a difficulty with monkeynutz because you can't even explain what's wrong with the car.

And you still haven't explained what "chip" you got.
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #37
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Trying to put a "chip" into a Celica
Inb4 +20hp +20lb torque chip from eBay

I have an appointment for my Evolution X next weds and I will report back with an impartial review. So far Sean has been nothing but exceptional to deal with.
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #38
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I believe it is an ecu not a chip. They suggested it and picked it out. The idle bounces between 800 and 1300 rpm warm or cold it stalls warm or cold. If it stalls and doesn't start right away you have to wait three minutes to start it. I don't know why it stalls. You can make all the fun you want out of it but when you spend thousands on something they pick and they can't get it to work in seven attempts in a year there is something wrong. And when I make an appointment seven times why are they giving back to me not working. Not even in the car to try. I had it once there was so many problems they had to come and disable it. That was last summer. I have left it there up to three weeks sometimes. I don't know the name of the ecu I have never seen it. My bills are at another location right now or I would look it up. I took it there because I know they do good work and they have done other stuff mechanical not technical to my car. But this must be out of their league or it would have been fixed. And after polking around on the internet I'm not the only one not happy. And if you don't understand that to bad. Anytime you want to go I will meet you so I can hear what they tell you. My car is there right now for three weeks again. Fingers crossed
Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #39
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

No offence but something in this story doesn't really add up. Why would you spend "thousands" on something and you have no clue what it is? If I were spending thousands I'd know if I were purchasing an ecu or a chip. As meme405 said, if you had such a bad experience why didn't you go somewhere else in the first place, instead of waiting until the 8th time? I'll make sure I ask them about it while I'm there. I'm not taking any sides, something just doesn't add up.
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #40
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

So did the shop do the ECU flash themselves via handheld programmer/laptop? Or did they send your ECU out to get flashed? If they were indeed the ones who suggested and picked it then they should be responsible for making sure it runs smoothly.
Ford_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #41
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

The original post with the type of car and info failed to post. I used quick reply and I guess it was to long.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #42
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I take it back because I have paid them believe me that is the only reason they did the ecu themselves. I am not very mechanical that is why I was unsure. And if you paid for it wouldn't you want it done. Why would I take it back because I believed they would fix it. Don't you think taking it back is giving them every opportunity to fix it ?
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #43

Good luck is all I can say to you. If you can't tell us whether you've bought something like a bullydog tuner, or if your running a Haltech or AEM type standalone ECU, we have no shot in hell of trying to help you.

There absolutely has to be more to this story, those guys have shoehorned engines into odd cars, they've built racecars, worked on show vehicles, etc. They've done it all. I fail to believe that some Celica with a mechanically inept owner has stumped them.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #44
My homepage has been set to RS

Some people should own cars with warranty ... Just sayin
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 12:05 AM   #45
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
I've taken all of my cars to them over the years, way back when they were at Z-Tune. I've had some odd cars with odd problems, and they've always done good work. Sure I've had some problems come up, some were on them. But they've always gone out of their way to fix them and make sure I'm happy, so I come back the next time. They are good guys who enjoy what they do.

I also acknowledge that I buy older exotic and sports cars, not new cars with warranties, or beaters I don't give a shit about. And being the case, there could be issues with standard maintenance, let alone modifications: modifications, meaning you're changing the car from how it came from the factory. There is always risk involved.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #46
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Memme you are right I am mechanically inept. That's why I took it to the supposed experts. I relied on their expertise to buy it and install. Obviously a mistake. Trying to make fun of me for my lack of mechanical knowledge just shows how small minded you are. And as I said before Fan Boy no help required from you. I know it's hard to hear this about you idols but it's the truth. Nothing changes the fact they haven't fixed it in a year. It's not my mechanical ineptitude or my lack of mechanical terminology that works on the car they do supposedly. Nothing changes the fact of how long it has been and how many times it has been in their shop. I have given them every opportunity I can for them to fix it.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #47
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
I don't know Z-Tune.
I don't know the guys who run Z-Tune.
I don't know daich.

But what I do know is there is always a second side to the story.

And that a Celica GTS is not exactly the greatest candidates for performance mods.

Sorry to hear about your ECU. Best to return it to stock and learn your lesson - don't mod a Celica. Shit happens. Learn from it and move on.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #48
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

That's probably what I will have to do bcrdukes. I just thought I would give them one more opportunity. Maybe that's what the experts should have told me. Thx
Old 05-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Trying to be unbiased here, but daich seems like a typical customer who's not very familiar with cars. To mod a car you don't necessarily have to do all the research if you're going into a shop. I mean, you are paying a shop not only for the parts but you're also there for their service, which includes recommending which parts to use and so on..

Who really cares what car the guy has, if he wants to mod it then go for it. It's not like he's going on eBay and looking up random parts himself and then goes into the shop and gets it installed which causes problems. The professional shop here picked it out for him and it's not working out, the shop should be responsible for getting it fixed. Or at least if it can't be fixed, let the customer know and don't have him run around all the time

I also don't know if daich is looking for answers here, but he might just be adding his opinion to the thread. If you can't get your problems between you and the shop fixed by directly communicating with them, I highly doubt you will solve your problem on a forum where most people here know much less than the shop.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #50
Ricer Mod

If the shop suggested the mod, helped purchase the mod, and installed the mod the shop should be held somewhat accountable for making sure the mod works. This is why people bring their cars to shops. To get people to do what they can't. Either for lack of tools or lack of knowledge it doesn't matter. Taking a year to sort out an "ECU" issue sounds crazy to me. Either own up and say, "Yea we fucked up this thing won't work on your car" or "This product is broken, lets get you a replacement" Those are the only 2 reasons I can see that something can't be made to work after a year of trying. Giving someone the run around is bad for business. Making fun of, or insulting someone, based on their mechanical knowledge is uncalled for as well. He was posting his experience and his mechanical knowledge has nothing to do with the way him and his car are being taken care of.

On the shops side it seems they are making a serious attempt at fixing or getting the issue to work properly. 7 Visits to the shop and year seems a bit extreme however. I'm hoping they aren't just hoping he goes away if they keep giving him the run around.

Berz out.