REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Night Dental guards (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677750-night-dental-guards.html)

Isaiah11 12-10-2012 11:20 AM

Night Dental guards

where can I buy a generic one?

or do I absolutely need to have my teeth molded for one?

MarkyMark 12-10-2012 03:10 PM

I would think a place like London Drugs or something would have them, although a custom one from the dentist would be a lot more comfortable.
Posted via RS Mobile

racerman88 12-10-2012 05:01 PM

if it is a night guard for grinding, i is best to get the molded one form your dentist. Should be covered under extended health if you have it

NotDatGai 12-10-2012 05:26 PM

^^ agreed..

i got a night guard because my dentist had told me that i'm most likely grinding my teeth due to stress with school and exams. apparently this is very common with college/university students.

if you're looking for a night guard it might be best to go see your dentist about it.

finbar 12-10-2012 09:41 PM

See the dentist.

604STIG 12-11-2012 08:54 AM

I never knew anybody in the past that needed these things, over the last couple of years every other person that goes to the dentist seems to get prescribed a mouth guard. Is the whole world really grinding their teeth at night all of a sudden or could this just be an easy cash grab by dentists?

JKam 12-11-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604STIG (Post 8104208)
I never knew anybody in the past that needed these things, over the last couple of years every other person that goes to the dentist seems to get prescribed a mouth guard. Is the whole world really grinding their teeth at night all of a sudden or could this just be an easy cash grab by dentists?

you can see where people are grinding their teeth lol.

604STIG 12-11-2012 12:48 PM

Wow, failed for that? I thought it was a legitimate question.

twitchyzero 12-13-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604STIG (Post 8104208)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604STIG (Post 8104353)
Wow, failed for that? I thought it was a legitimate question.

I wouldn't say night guards are a lot more prevalent then they were before.
people are stressed, which is a very common factor that can cause this and wears down their teeth without even knowing it. Sometimes, it's noticed by their partner as they can hear the teeth grinding noise at night. It's also quite detrimental to the jaw joint...which can cause clicking and pain when everytime you have to open your mouth.

I just don't like the stigma that dentists are out there to rip you off or that lawyers are the scumbags of earth. In the case of a night guard, most of the costs are going to the lab that fabricates them and not the dentist. A dentist's overheads are also very high..not to mention the expense and time they have to commit to their education.

Isaiah11 12-13-2012 11:57 AM

so does bruxia (teeth grinding) contribute to tooth decay?

i'm still not 100% sure

snails 12-13-2012 12:02 PM

i boxed for a few years, you can buy many sizes of generic mouth guards, you boil them in water, then place them in you mouth till it is fitted then cold water and the gel inside sets, u can buy bottoms, tops, thin, thick might be a cheap alternative? just throwin it out there