REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Child sex assault charges @ Maple Ridge daycare (https://www.revscene.net/forums/678064-child-sex-assault-charges-%40-maple-ridge-daycare.html)

Presto 12-17-2012 10:57 PM

Child sex assault charges @ Maple Ridge daycare

Quote:

MAPLE RIDGE (NEWS1130) - Multiple charges of sexual assault have been laid against the husband of the operator.

Mounties say the daycare runs out of the basement of a home in the 20400 block of 122nd Avenue.

The RCMP has interviewed children and notified the Chidren's Ministry.

Ridge Meadows RCMP is asking for any parent who’s child attended the Shining Stars Daycare on 122 Avenue, who have not already been contacted, or have concerns, to call Ridge Meadows RCMP at 604-463-6251.

This business should not be confused with Shining Stars Montessori Daycare and Preschool in east Maple Ridge
source:Child sex assault charges in Maple Ridge daycare case - News1130
Gets harder to trust people, these days. Especially, with your kids.

FerrariEnzo 12-18-2012 06:29 AM

I dont think I would take my kids to a "basement" daycare... even tho it could happen at a reg daycare facility... just seems more fishy...

MG1 12-18-2012 06:43 AM

Another reason why my wife stopped working ever since we decided to start a family.

You cannot put a price on the safety and well being of your children. I worked two jobs and barely scraped by in the early years - I was fortunate, and grateful to this day, to have had good paying jobs.

No vacations, holiday, etc. The money you make while working and paying for daycare does not make much sense to me. Bonding with your children and being there for them 24/7 is so important.

Too late for me, but the government should really look into helping parents who choose to look after their own children at home. You get tax break for day care, no? Any help would be good - encourage family ties. In the long run, I think it would fix a lot of the issues we face in today's society.

I know many moms who choose day care simply because being stuck with their kids at home is too much. Rather work and get away from kids - just too much into themselves.

I also totally understand that people, especially single parents, just cannot afford to stay at home to look after their kids..... it's a tough one.

punkwax 12-18-2012 07:54 AM

So happy my wife stays home to take care of our kids after hearing about stuff like this..

tseman 12-18-2012 09:08 AM

Aww u guys are all such great parents and everyone else who puts their kids in daycare are all so selfish and stupid. Stupid surrey parents
Posted via RS Mobile

snails 12-18-2012 09:13 AM

no kids! :alonehappy:

but seriously.. people are fucked

Nechako87 12-18-2012 09:21 AM

While I agree with the underlying principles of this method, in today's economy it is very difficult to have one parent staying at home with 2+ children and the other working to provide. I have friends in this situation, and although it creates a very positive relationship, financially it is stressful and may/may not lead to lost opportunities for both the parents AND the children later in life. I also have friends who run home daycares and are by FAR better than most "commercial" daycares. They usually have much smaller "class" sizes so children get more attention. And the children are in a home environment, which to me is much better then those "commercial" daycare facilities.

Just my 0.02, but when I plan on having children they will most likely be with grandparents / home daycares while my wife and I work reduced hours to keep the mortgage + expenses in check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8109842)
Another reason why my wife stopped working ever since we decided to start a family.

You cannot put a price on the safety and well being of your children. I worked two jobs and barely scraped by in the early years - I was fortunate, and grateful to this day, to have had good paying jobs.

No vacations, holiday, etc. The money you make while working and paying for daycare does not make much sense to me. Bonding with your children and being there for them 24/7 is so important.

Too late for me, but the government should really look into helping parents who choose to look after their own children at home. You get tax break for day care, no? Any help would be good - encourage family ties. In the long run, I think it would fix a lot of the issues we face in today's society.

I know many moms who choose day care simply because being stuck with their kids at home is too much. Rather work and get away from kids - just too much into themselves.

I also totally understand that people, especially single parents, just cannot afford to stay at home to look after their kids..... it's a tough one.

Mr.HappySilp 12-18-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8109842)

While I agree staying at home with your kids is good but is a "choice" people make. The Gov shoulnd't really have to help becasue again is a "choice" a person made to stay home and take care of their kids.

If the gov step in does it make it so Any parents who stay home gets aid? That seems rather unfair becacue than those who are in high income will get it as well. At the same time you can't we only give aid to middle or low income families because then you are saying high income family should not spend time with thier kids.

My parents work 12 or more hours 6 days a week and both my sister and I turn out fine.

Nechako87 12-18-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8109927)
My parents work 12 or more hours 6 days a week and both my sister and I turned out fine.

Not really.

:ilied: