REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Where to get uniforms made? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/678728-where-get-uniforms-made.html)

Jegz 01-04-2013 10:49 AM

Where to get uniforms made?

I'm looking to get a bunch of collared shirts made with a logo embroidered on the shirt as well. I visited Instant Imprints already and sourcing for more stores to see what my other options are in terms of pricing and quality.

Also looking for a place that does decals for vans (company logo, number, etc). I know there's a lot of places but I want a reputable one with good pricing as well.

Key thing is I need this to be as cost effective as possible. Thanks!

GabAlmighty 01-04-2013 10:55 AM

Get your phone out and open up Google on your browser. These places are a dime a dozen.

Jegz 01-04-2013 10:59 AM

Damn never thought of that :pokerface:

GLOW 01-04-2013 11:09 AM

read the thread title...was i the only one thinking of kinky outfits? :ifyouknow:

murd0c 01-04-2013 11:13 AM

I know Key Innovations in Surrey does stuff like that. I grew up with the owners son which now runs it but haven't talked to him in years

Promotional Products

MindBomber 01-04-2013 11:41 AM

Off-Topic, but relevant. Hopefully you don't mind an unsolicited opinion.

Depending on the business you're opening, uniform shirts cheapen the appearance of your staff and serve little purpose. When one of your staff meets a client, they'll introduce themselves as an employee of your business in the first words they speak; making embroidery on a shirt redundant at best. If money is tight, I would personally forgo this expense every time.

A vinyl logo is a great investment, it's worked well for our company in the past. There's only been one time have we not been happy to have it - sent out a new employee in logo'd company truck, our office received a phone call regarding it being driven dangerously, that's the opposite of the type of advertising we'd like to achieve. After that we had GPS units installed in our trucks, we can look online and see the speed, location, and other details anytime. Never had a problem since, something to consider if you'll staff driving company vehicles without you in it.

Jegz 01-04-2013 12:14 PM

I think in my case, a plain coloured t shirt is needed especially in terms of branding.

And damn murdoc I dont wanna go to slurrey hahaha

murd0c 01-04-2013 12:16 PM

it's at least the nice part of surrey but you can do everything over the phone and they can ship it to you so you don't have to travel anywhere ;)

gars 01-04-2013 12:44 PM

Oddball Workshop is a local shop, I've dealt with them in the past, and they're awesome. They mostly do digital printing - which i think is probably a cheaper option for you, but they can get stuff embroidered as well.

They also print vinyl, but not sure if they'll wrap cars or whatnot - but if you don't mind applying vinyls yourself, you can get it done there.

Oddball Workshop

Spidey 01-04-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jegglez (Post 8123104)
I think in my case, a plain coloured t shirt is needed especially in terms of branding.

And damn murdoc I dont wanna go to slurrey hahaha

do you not want to go to surrey because it's far, or because you think for the 1 hr you are there, you will be somehow murdered, raped, or robbed?

lungfish23 01-04-2013 04:50 PM

Our company uses a place called sewkool in surrey or stitches creation in Burnaby. Both have been good to us in the past.

I have also used kits T shirt express personally and they are great. Deliver as well so that's nice.
Posted via RS Mobile

dohboi 01-04-2013 05:05 PM

Try this place I use, pretty reasonable, lots of selection: ADDCENTIVES

CP.AR 01-04-2013 05:24 PM

For Decals I suggest Durasign
I used to order heavy industrial strength decals from them to be used in mine sites.
even after years of abuse in a mine, they still hold up extremely well

skiiipi 01-04-2013 07:04 PM

Blitzgear in Richmond will do them
They carry nice Ogio golf Polos that they can put logos on
Posted via RS Mobile

Jegz 01-05-2013 10:31 AM

Thanks for all the responses! Will check them out very soon, except the slurrey one :fullofwin: