REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   spotted silver civic, decal on side skirt, tinted windows (https://www.revscene.net/forums/679232-spotted-silver-civic-decal-side-skirt-tinted-windows.html)

geeknerd 01-16-2013 02:23 PM

spotted silver civic, decal on side skirt, tinted windows

dont know the specific car year but looked like the 2009,2010, etc (not the newer facelifted one).

i think it was an asian male driver.

I dont know if it was us imported or civics have the option to turn drl off but the DRL was off and tinted windows all around. had spoiler as well.

your car is illegal and puts me in danger. fix it.

ill.stance 01-16-2013 03:41 PM

how did he put you in danger?

geeknerd 01-16-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill.stance (Post 8134133)
how did he put you in danger?

it was at night, hard to see cars when it has no light emitting from them(especially if you are perpendicular to said car, also its the exact reason why why its illegal?

it also had blacked out lights

vantrip 01-16-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 8134088)
dont know the specific car year but looked like the 2009,2010, etc (not the newer facelifted one).

I dont know if it was us imported or civics have the option to turn drl off but the DRL was off and tinted windows all around. had spoiler as well.

Well I'm so glad your okay, I'm sure a tint put you in real DANGER!! My god what a crazy world we live in.

geeknerd 01-16-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vantrip (Post 8134237)
Well I'm so glad your okay, I'm sure a tint put you in real DANGER!! My god what a crazy world we live in.

lets link tint to danger instead of DRL, regardless both are.

ill.stance 01-16-2013 06:35 PM

you didnt say when and what time it happened. thats why i asked. LOL

geeknerd 01-16-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill.stance (Post 8134270)
you didnt say when and what time it happened. thats why i asked. LOL

sorry, i thought u were being sarcastic.

people might comment thinking im trolling but its not. As minor as tints, shadowed tail lights, and drl delete looks like, its not minor at all.

Ive had a close call with blacked out drl delete car in the past. At least the civic was silver. If you think otherwise, you probably dont even have your class 5.

In the case of older cars, the driver couldve just forgot to turn on drl/headlight, but it was a newer car and having cosmetic mods on it with blacked tail lights, im obviously going to assume this guy is going for a stealth-ish look and did a drl off mod.

regardless, it is a reminder not to do drl delete and dont forget to turn on your headlights at night.

why some people failed the original post, i have no idea.

Geoc 01-19-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 8134088)

Maybe he's Kenny Loggins riding on the Highway to the dangerzone :troll: