REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Car left on the street for 2 weeks (https://www.revscene.net/forums/679294-car-left-street-2-weeks.html)

henrik33 01-17-2013 09:29 PM

Car left on the street for 2 weeks

So there's been this van that has been parked in the front of my house for approximately 2 weeks and it has not moved and I'm almost 100% sure because one of it's wheels are popped. I think it was moved here by street cleaners and it's taking up a spot so I'm wondering who I can call to get this car towed, thanks

jing 01-17-2013 09:33 PM

Bylaw enforcement
Posted via RS Mobile

sleepywheel 01-17-2013 09:45 PM

Run the plate on CPIC and see if it's stolen. Hit the search button on the left side of the page. They'll move it right away if it is.

www.cpic-cipc.ca/English/index.cfm

Graeme S 01-17-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepywheel (Post 8135304)
Run the plate on CPIC and see if it's stolen. Hit the search button on the left side of the page. They'll move it right away if it is.

www.cpic-cipc.ca/English/index.cfm

There's an apartment just down the street from me; there was a couple cars that ALWAYS seemed to be parked in the same spot. One was an old shitbox firefly that had flat tires, and at one point had a note on it saying "I'll buy it for parts, call <number>". Next day, note is gone, I figured the owner tore it off.

Couple weeks go by and I see three tow trucks and two cruisers; turns out it was the dumping ground for some local kids who thought it would be fun to jack some cars and go on joy rides. My guess is they lived in houses or the apartments there and wanted to see how long it took the cops to catch on. No idea what ever happened to anything, but...yeah. Definitely run the plates and/or call the cops.

inv4zn 01-17-2013 11:47 PM

One of the field tech's at our office noticed a van parked near his jobsite for a week without moving. Called the police, and they found a dead body inside.

True story :heckno:

melloman 01-18-2013 07:48 AM

Call the city.. They'll get an officer (traffic/bylaw) out there to tag the car.. It gives whoever the owner is 72 hours to move it. If it hasn't moved in 72 hours they'll tow it the fuck out of there.

snails 01-18-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8135382)
One of the field tech's at our office noticed a van parked near his jobsite for a week without moving. Called the police, and they found a dead body inside.

True story :heckno:

was that the camper van in langley? cuz same thing happened a few weeks ago behind the Hilton

GabAlmighty 01-18-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrik33 (Post 8135279)
So there's been this van that has been parked in the front of my house for approximately 2 weeks and it has not moved and I'm almost 100% sure because one of it's wheels are popped. I think it was moved here by street cleaners and it's taking up a spot so I'm wondering who I can call to get this car towed, thanks

Now how in the hell do you think they managed that?

inv4zn 01-18-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8135509)
was that the camper van in langley? cuz same thing happened a few weeks ago behind the Hilton

No, this was in a construction site in West Van lol

InvisibleSoul 01-18-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabAlmighty (Post 8135514)
Now how in the hell do you think they managed that?

They will have tow trucks move vehicles so that they can clean the street.

GabAlmighty 01-18-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8135553)
They will have tow trucks move vehicles so that they can clean the street.

And just move it to another street, I could see an impound yard yes... In my neighbourhood they just drive around em.

InvisibleSoul 01-18-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabAlmighty (Post 8135563)
And just move it to another street, I could see an impound yard yes... In my neighbourhood they just drive around em.

Well, this is from seeing it first hand.

The street cleaners did my street a few weeks ago without giving any notice, and they just went around any cars that were parked there.

Because there was still so many leaves on my side of the street, soon after, they put up no parking signs for a specific date.

On that date, there was still a car parked on my side of the street, and a tow truck came and just moved it to the other side of the street.

racerman88 01-18-2013 04:15 PM

If the vehicle has current insurance, call 311 and ask for parking enforcement and tell them you want a 3 hr bylaw enforced. If the owner lives around the block, they will not tow it. You could call the police non emergency line and ask them to run the plate as well.
If the insurance is expired or there are no plates on the vehicle, the city will issue a ticket and a notice that the vehicle will be towed away in 48 hours