REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   High School students urging shutdown of Paramount strip club (https://www.revscene.net/forums/679353-high-school-students-urging-shutdown-paramount-strip-club.html)

Traum 01-19-2013 08:05 PM

LOL~

Petitioning Dr Charles Best Secondary School
Dr Charles Best Secondary School: Stop Objectifying Underage Girls , With Cheer Squad Car Washes

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petition...re_before_sign

Graeme S 01-19-2013 08:07 PM

I really want to go through that pamphlet with a wiki-pen
[citation needed]

"Person" spoke with "people" who worked in "locale". So hang on, were these BC-style strip bars where you can't touch or do shit? Or were these those strip bars in the states where the only thing that can't happen is they can't hop on your junk?

I'm all for educating kids on issues, but this is bullshit.

dinosaur 01-19-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 8136875)
time to go see how great this place is before they possibly close down!

RS Paramount Meet?

Graeme S 01-19-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8136983)
RS Paramount Meet?

Upside: don't need to worry about designated drivers.

...but you may want to keep your eyes out for another type of DD.

dinosaur 01-19-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8136986)

...but you may want to keep your eyes out for another type of DD.

HAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D

b0unce. [?] 01-19-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8136983)
RS Paramount Meet?

I mean, we're there to support them right? At least I'll feel better if I tell myself that. :badpokerface:

z3german 01-19-2013 08:21 PM

what a bunch of pricks.

doesnt care about the women who are working those jobs, a lot of them really enjoy what they do. I went there once and was piss drunk waiting outside for a cab and a stripper just off her shift and asked where i lived cause she would give me a ride home if it was on the way. COMPLETE STRANGER TO HER! I didnt purchase her services or anything, just genuine niceness.

Fuck those kids.

kwy 01-19-2013 08:25 PM

kids are fucking dumb

wstce92 01-19-2013 08:34 PM

How dumb are these kids.
Strip clubs are sexist? What brainless drivel.
How is it sexist to provide women with the opportunity to make money.
You can argue about how some women are "forced" into it all you want. Fact is, a pretty woman down on her luck can strip, a pretty man down on his luck can't; where's the equality there? No one is ever forced to do anything, these strippers arent victims of human trafficing.
If you're all about equality, than let women decide what they want to do.
Fight for their safety in their chosen occupation if you want to do something.
Also, if anything, the short end of the stick goes to the strip club patrons more than anything... most strippers can milk a guy all night long with very little effort.

Gridlock 01-19-2013 09:46 PM

For a strip club, I always thought the Paramount was one of the nicer ones.

They ran into trouble a few years ago for a few of the ladies working on fake id's, got their hand slapped and I haven't heard from them since.

Maybe these high schoolers should pop on in, slam a fiver on the table for a mango juice and let that hot girl from the year before them grind up for a few minutes.

Call it 'empirical research'.

OR...maybe they could talk to a few of the girls and ask if they are in fact downtrodden and in need of saving.

drunkrussian 01-19-2013 09:49 PM

fuck them, i hate it when people use the society argument and assume their way is how it should be for everyone
Posted via RS Mobile

tarobbt 01-19-2013 09:53 PM

you know how i know your gay? because you want to shutdown female strippers instead of male ones :lawl:

stewie 01-19-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

The club is open to 18 year olds because it does not have a liquor licence or serve alcohol.

Ipe suggested the club is catering to a younger clientele, including university students and even high school students.
cause catering to people 1 year younger than legal drinking age is going to bring them in sooooo much profit...

kids are retarded...reminds me when i was in grade 12...all the guys/girls who took pyschology instantly thought they were able to analyze everyone and everything..

dinosaur 01-19-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8137125)
kids are retarded...reminds me when i was in grade 12...all the guys/girls who took pyschology instantly thought they were able to analyze everyone and everything..

:lawl: i remember those people!

alright everyone! lets act like we are saving the world this week!!

Marco911 01-19-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8136981)
I really want to go through that pamphlet with a wiki-pen
[citation needed]

"Person" spoke with "people" who worked in "locale". So hang on, were these BC-style strip bars where you can't touch or do shit? Or were these those strip bars in the states where the only thing that can't happen is they can't hop on your junk?

I'm all for educating kids on issues, but this is bullshit.

The person they cite who authored the study was a former sex worker in Minnesota. Kids think that googling is equivalent to research. Nobody is forcing these women to strip and they do so voluntarily.

drunkrussian 01-19-2013 11:11 PM

every thread i see on revscene ends up being people disagreeing, arguing and fighting about an issue

...until you make a thread where a strip club may potentially be shut down...

...then suddenly everyone joins together and is on one side...:troll:

GGnoRE 01-19-2013 11:23 PM

Damn, I would be ashamed right now if I was attending Dr. Charles Best.

AVS_Racing 01-20-2013 12:08 AM

well obviously these kids has never

http://theapod.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/BANDS.gif

Mr.Money 01-20-2013 12:22 AM

somebody Find these students names at the high school & Expose them on the Spot.....lets see how long their propaganda last's with the bullshit from their mouth

ree666 01-20-2013 02:29 AM

sounds like a feminist group.

FerrariEnzo 01-20-2013 02:41 AM

If the strippers are ok with it and are not be harmed/forced into doing it.. LET THEM... they have bills to pay... Not everyone has a high education to get a high paying job...

I personally do not go.. only went once in my lifetime to see what it was all about... nothing really...

the thing these students should be concerning themselves with are the ugly ass crackhead hookers on hastings + main st...

br2 01-20-2013 03:50 AM

rofl a school project to run a person's business to the ground

vafanculo 01-20-2013 06:26 AM

They should pick a fight with Brandy's, and see what happens
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 01-20-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstce92 (Post 8137015)
Also, if anything, the short end of the stick goes to the strip club patrons more than anything... most strippers can milk a guy all night long with very little effort.

:ifyouknow:

murmur 01-20-2013 08:37 AM

i wonder what the parents of the high school kids feel about this.
(won't be surprised if couple of them visited paramount before)