REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

VI Warning - Windshield Mounts

I was advised the other night that windshield mounts are a ticketable offence?

Is this fact?
Advertisement

Other than that, sorry.. we all suck - there are no GOOD photographers here. We just like cameras. kthanksbye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
Personally speaking i would have cum inside her and then eat that pussy till she cums some more and then fucked her more
[HuCk DuCk] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Be more specific? What kind of windshield mount of what?
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #3

sorry, suction cup mounts, like the cellphone or gps mounts

Other than that, sorry.. we all suck - there are no GOOD photographers here. We just like cameras. kthanksbye.
Quote:
Quote:
Personally speaking i would have cum inside her and then eat that pussy till she cums some more and then fucked her more
Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
I call bullshit
Posted via RS Mobile
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
The Lone Wanderator

VI, no. I mean, seriously. VIs are for equipment that is installed on your car or a failure in your car's safety/driving devices.

Ticket, possibly. I mean, if your windshield mount significantly obstructs your vision. Maybe you've got a suction mount for a tablet you're using for a GPS?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Windshields and windows

7.05 (1) No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle the windshield or any window of which is in such condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.

Windshield stickers

(2) No person shall drive or operate a vehicle on a highway while his view of the highway or of any intersecting highway is unduly obstructed by any windshield sticker, sign, poster or other thing or material placed over or affixed to the windshield or any window of the vehicle.

That is the applicable charge under the MV Act Regulations. I used to use it for morons driving with snow and frost on their windows driving virtually blind... and occasionally was tempted to issue them for for sale signs and other assorted stickers,posters,dream catchers...you name it.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ understandable, but I'm more interested in what mount/s the op has and where it or They were positioned hahaha
Posted via RS Mobile
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Windshields and windows

7.05 (1) No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle the windshield or any window of which is in such condition that the vision of the driver is impaired.

Windshield stickers

(2) No person shall drive or operate a vehicle on a highway while his view of the highway or of any intersecting highway is unduly obstructed by any windshield sticker, sign, poster or other thing or material placed over or affixed to the windshield or any window of the vehicle.

That is the applicable charge under the MV Act Regulations. I used to use it for morons driving with snow and frost on their windows driving virtually blind... and occasionally was tempted to issue them for for sale signs and other assorted stickers,posters,dream catchers...you name it.
There are too many inconsistency with this. The treo sticker asks to be put 2 inches under the rear view mirror is connected to the windshield, that does block vision.(most old car doesn't have a stalk on their rear view mirror as it is mounted right onto the windshield.) ICBC temp permit is also big and is supposed to be mounted on front windshield does block vision, also permit parking decal from the city also block vision. How does this work? I had a phone mount I use and it is fairly small and I can see clearly but if I get a ticket I'd be pissed.
Posted via RS Mobile
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
There are too many inconsistency with this. The treo sticker asks to be put 2 inches under the rear view mirror is connected to the windshield, that does block vision.(most old car doesn't have a stalk on their rear view mirror as it is mounted right onto the windshield.) ICBC temp permit is also big and is supposed to be mounted on front windshield does block vision, also permit parking decal from the city also block vision. How does this work? I had a phone mount I use and it is fairly small and I can see clearly but if I get a ticket I'd be pissed.
Posted via RS Mobile
Difference is, those are items that have been approved by the applicable governing body. They don't have any record of how much space your GPS device takes up, therefore, it can be ticketed under the MVA.

I'm not going to side with anybody, that's just how they look at it.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
The Lone Wanderator

IIRC the Treo sticker is like...3-4cm wide and 1-2cm tall. Tiny. If something can't be seen and it's behind the sticker, it must be miniscule. But a GPS or phone or what have you, depending on the size and how it's mounted could be a serious obstacle to seeing what's on the other side of your windshield.

You know, it kind of makes me wonder if OP almost hit something (or someone? A pedestrian?) because of how his GPS was mounted and was spotted by a cop. Got pulled over and warned for it. ...Actually that doesn't sound implausible, as it seems a bit odd that a cop would randomly warn you for it.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
I am grateful grapefruit

I have actually seen people mount their GPS right in front of them, not off to the side or up high. Not sure where the OP had his mounted though.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolowtone View Post
^ understandable, but I'm more interested in what mount/s the op has and where it or They were positioned hahaha
Posted via RS Mobile
bottom left corner (cell/gps) and mid bottom (standard radar area)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #13
The Lone Wanderator

Two mounts? Yeah, I get why the cop would be unhappy. Also you've got a radar detector. Also known as, I believe Skidmark once called it, a "Police Leniency Reducer".
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #14
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
When I use a GPS in my vehicle I have it mounted in the middle of my windshield under my rearview mirror. Try remounting it in the middle? That way it might not be completely in your field of vision
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
An argument could also be made if something was only obstructing your view of, say, the hood...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #16

Called it, multiple mounts on the windshield. It might not obstruct your view to much, but i think the officer may be looking at it as added distractions
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #17

From the thread title and lack of details, it sounds like the OP might have been given a written warning on a Notice and Order page.
Posted via RS Mobile
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
I subscribe to Revscene

This is why places like California have laws saying anything mounted to the windshield need to be mounted in the lower 6" of the window or something like that.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
From the thread title and lack of details, it sounds like the OP might have been given a written warning on a Notice and Order page.
Posted via RS Mobile
bingo.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #20

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I have actually seen people mount their GPS right in front of them, not off to the side or up high. Not sure where the OP had his mounted though.
This. I've seen quite a few people with the mount directly at eye level centered right in front of the driver's head. I can see why they would be a ticketable offence.

I currently have a gps mount on the bottom left corner and a dash cam mount right behind my rear view mirror almost at the top of the windshield. Never had issues about them, but I think I'm going to pull off the gps mount just to be safe.
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
For the majority of cars that I have seen (all actually), if you place the Treo sticker where it instructs you to do so, the rear view mirror actually covers the sticker as it hangs lower than where it is mounted on the windshield. So no, it isn't an issue with the Treo stickers.
10-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
This is why places like California have laws saying anything mounted to the windshield need to be mounted in the lower 6" of the window or something like that.

California GPS Windshield Law | eHow.com
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
I honestly doubt you'll get a ticket for a GPS, Unless you mounted it like right in front or your face.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote