REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   The Wikipedia Game (https://www.revscene.net/forums/680218-wikipedia-game.html)

AW607 02-07-2013 06:00 PM

The Wikipedia Game

A friend of mine gave me this idea...

Someone gives a start and end page on Wikipedia, and the player has to get from one to the other. BUT they can only click on links in the body of the article, and they cannot go back if they don't like the choice they made. The player posts the progression of pages they went through, and then a new challenge.

Example..

Go from Microsoft: Microsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to Brick: Brick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How I got there:
Microsoft > Windows > Windows (disambiguation) > Window > Roof > Building > Building material > Brick

Here goes

Go from Richard III of England: Richard III of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To Southern Cone: Southern Cone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

spaceman 02-08-2013 12:53 AM

im bored so what the hell

richard III of england > richmond > upper normandy > dieppe > world war II > battle of the river plate > atlantic ocean > americas > south america > southern cone

go from kai greene: Kai Greene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to neoliberalism: Neoliberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MindBomber 02-08-2013 01:08 AM

I actually enjoyed that.

Kai Greene > Visual Arts > Ramesses II > Egypt > Election > Political Science > International Relations > Neoliberalism

Neoliberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse

radioman 02-08-2013 01:41 AM

holy hell I did it!

Neo lib > Free market > impala > kruger national park > Burchell's zebra > equidae > horse

Horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

Incandescent light bulb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CP.AR 02-08-2013 01:59 AM

WOW!

Horse > Horse racing > dangers > Belmont Stakes > New York City > Manhattan > Times Square > LED > Incandescent Lightbulb

Next:
Incandescent Lightbulb
Incandescent light bulb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to:

Staple Gun
Staple gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hitch 02-08-2013 03:13 AM

incandescent light bulb > Easy-Bake Oven > Hasbro > Doll > Wood > Hardboard > Furniture > Woodworking joints > Fastener > Staple > Staple Gun

Fußball-Bundesliga
Fußball-Bundesliga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

Halting problem
Halting problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GGnoRE 02-08-2013 05:42 AM

Fußball-Bundesliga-> VfB Stuttgart -> Stuttgart -> University of Stuttgart -> Karlsruhe Institue of Technology -> FLOPS -> Computing -> Computer science -> Alan Turing -> Halting problem

Halting problem
Halting problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

Friend zone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendzone

LOL

AW607 02-09-2013 05:00 PM

Halting Problem > Computer Program > Software > Digital Electronics > Signal (electrical engineering) > Video > Broadcast Television Systems > Terrestrial Television > Television Program > Reality Television > MTV > List of Programs Broadcast by MTV > Friendzone (MTV Series > Friend Zone

Took me a while but I finally got it :fuckyea:

Namdaemun
Namdaemun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

Eigenvalues and eigenvectors
Eigenvalues and eigenvectors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hitch 02-09-2013 06:03 PM

I like this game.

Namdaemun > Taejo of Joseon > Joseon > Rain gauge > Centimetre > Engineering notation > e (mathematical constant) > Probability theory > Mathematics > Combinatorics > Matroid > Matrix > Eigenvalues and eigenvectors

Kai-lan
Kai-lan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

Tsenacommacah
Tsenacommacah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AW607 02-10-2013 03:36 PM

Kai-lan > Broccoli > Cardiovascular Disease > World Health Organization > Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation > Seattle > U.S. State > Virginia > Powhatan > Tsenacommacah :joy:

Davao del Norte general elections, 2007
Davao del Norte general elections, 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

Patagonian toothfish
Patagonian toothfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TOS'd 02-10-2013 04:05 PM

Davao del Norte general elections, 2007 > List of political parties in the Philippines > Philippines > Fish sauce > Species > Fish > Actinopterygii > Perciformes > Notothenioidei > Dissostichus > Patagonian_toothfish

2011 IRB Nations Cup
2011 IRB Nations Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

The Remixes (G.M.S. album)
The Remixes (G.M.S. album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AW607 02-10-2013 10:55 PM

2011 IRB Nations Cup > Romania National Rugby Team > European Nations Cup (rugby union) > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Trance music > Psychedelic Trance > GMS (Music Group) > The Remixes (GMS Album)

Quadrature amplitude modulation
Quadrature amplitude modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to

Neonatal adrenoleukodystrophy
Neonatal adrenoleukodystrophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:troll: