REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Oscars 2013 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/680880-oscars-2013-a.html)

SpartanAir 02-23-2013 12:50 PM

Oscars 2013

No thread yet here...

Predicitions? Desired outcomes?

Haven't seen Zero Dark thirty yet but I hear it's good.

Lincoln was ok but boring, DDL is the only reason to watch really.

I liked Les Miserables because I've seen it twice on stage, and overall I thought it was good, even Anne Hatahway, which I never thought I would say. Russell Crowe is a JOKE and can't sing to save his life. Totally takes you out of the film.

Why The Master is not up for Best Picture is just SHOCKING to me. It's an actual masterpiece, but totally overlooked. Torn between Best Actor for DDL or Joaquin Phoenix.

IMO, Silver Linings Playbook is a fucking TRAGEDY of a film, and the fact that Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are nominated in their categories is just so sad and clearly political. It's a film that doesn't know what genre it is, starring actors who are totally unbelievable as their characters. I just see Bradley Cooper trying really hard to be a smalltown dude, but really it's just cocky playboy Bradley Cooper from The Hangover (which is what he's actually like)

Django is pretty awesome, it's fun story that doesn't take itself seriously. And Leonardo Dicaprio's best role in YEARS. Where was his nomination, when fuckin Bradley Cooper got his?

And Argo is also a fun tense story, which has LITTLE to do with actual events, and in typical fashion glamourized by Americans who took credit for the actual rescue. See Jimmy Carter Below:

Soundy 02-24-2013 09:40 PM

So, thoughts, anyone?

I'll say right off, best acceptance speech by far, Daniel Day Lewis for Leading Actor.

CP.AR 02-24-2013 09:46 PM

ANNE'S NIPPLES

KingDeeCee 02-24-2013 10:05 PM

Jessica Chastain

:sweetjesus:

GabAlmighty 02-24-2013 10:20 PM

Kristen Stewart has no soul and looks coked out.

Soundy 02-24-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabAlmighty (Post 8169197)
Kristen Stewart has no soul and looks coked out.

Between the wild hair and the goofy walk, she looked like she'd just been nailed in a bathroom stall or something.

GabAlmighty 02-24-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8169238)
Between the wild hair and the goofy walk, she looked like she'd just been nailed in a bathroom stall or something.

Perfect description.

Soundy 02-24-2013 11:21 PM

Gotta say, Halle Berry looks incredible for 46...

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/imag...ifer-anist.jpg

6793026 02-25-2013 03:05 PM

i agree with what you said. Silver lining playbook was gay. I can't see her going back to the Catching Fire series seeing Jennifer playing her role again.

I thought Argo was good, but not as good as Life of Pi. Djanjo.. christopher was ok, he wasn't epic good at all.

OH, and the movie "The Master", that's really tough. the acting was great, but i gotta say, it wasn't good at all; script wise.
the only movie i have yet to see is Amour

SpartanAir 02-25-2013 09:53 PM

Watched Zero Dark Thirty before the Oscars, pretty good film, though kinda bored of pro-american military films.

Haven't seen Life of Pi or Amour yet, but I have a feeling they were more worthy of anything Silver Linings got. There is nothing notable or special about that film. Period.

Though I did say Anne Hathaway was good in Les Miz, she as a person annoys the fuck out of me. She ssems so phony and desperate and rehearsed. God, don't try to thank everyone you know, thank a couple key people, say something nice and move on.

Glad to see DDL win, and I love hearing him speak; even though he is quite awkward, he's very well spoken and so humble.

Christoph Waltz is great, but his role in Django was just a nicer version of Inglorious Basterds. Philip Seymour Hoffman in The Master killed it. He should have won.

And sorry to say buddy, but the script for The Master is brilliant. No it doesn't beat you over the head and spoon feed you everything, but it's written beautifully. And the cinematography, the music...just such a shame that it got snubbed. To prove my point further how political it all is, they barely even showed Joaquin or Philip the whole night.

Soundy 02-25-2013 10:11 PM

It's hard for me to watch PSH in anything without seeing "Dusty" in Twister... "it's the SUCK ZONE!"

gars 02-25-2013 10:26 PM

I was hoping Skyfall would win for best Cinematography, but I'm pretty sure Ang Lee killed it with Life of Pi (I haven't watched it yet).

I thoroughly enjoyed Argo, but I wasn't sure if it was a Best Picture caliber movie. Still need to watch a whole bunch on the list.

6793026 02-25-2013 10:37 PM

I thought The Impossible was decent and Watts a MUCH better actress than Jennifer Lawrence.
I must apologize, the only movie I didn't watch yet so I can't give a "full" review is the girl (9 yr old) in Beasts Of The Southern Wild