REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Wolverine (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682127-wolverine.html)

Purely 07-31-2013 12:21 PM

Didn't really like the plot... but good action!

sil-300 07-31-2013 04:18 PM

This movie was so disappointing. I walked out of the theatre kinda pissed. lol

Lancerion 07-31-2013 10:08 PM

Watched it yesterday, thought it was one of the worst X-Men movies.

PiuYi 07-31-2013 10:32 PM

arguably the worst x-men movie so far, but i'm a harsh x-men movies fan so i still liked it

JKam 08-01-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancerion (Post 8292919)
Watched it yesterday, thought it was one of the worst X-Men movies.

If they changed the name, I bet a lot of people wouldn't even know that it was an X-Men movie.

trip 08-01-2013 11:59 AM

felt like this movie was a waste of time and money

Xzecution'R 08-01-2013 04:26 PM

I really hope bryan singer stops doing comic book movies. he's managed to butcher everything he's done.

Culverin 08-02-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiuYi (Post 8292941)
arguably the worst x-men movie so far, but i'm a harsh x-men movies fan so i still liked it

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 8293118)
If they changed the name, I bet a lot of people wouldn't even know that it was an X-Men movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip (Post 8293198)
felt like this movie was a waste of time and money

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xzecution'R (Post 8293329)
I really hope bryan singer stops doing comic book movies. he's managed to butcher everything he's done.

Thank you all.

I think I don't need to watch this now.

spoon.ek9 08-02-2013 06:57 AM

haha maybe i'm just too bored lately, but i liked the movie.

Spartacus 08-02-2013 07:10 AM

Liked it
Posted via RS Mobile

corollagtSr5 08-02-2013 01:01 PM

Movie takes place after x3. Remember to watch through the end credits. You'll missout if you don't.

JKam 08-02-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 (Post 8293821)
Movie takes place after x3. Remember to watch through the end credits. You'll missout if you don't.

honestly.. the best part of the movie was the mid-credits scene.

Was there something at the very end of the credits? There was something maybe a minute into the credits and then I waited a couple minutes after all the credits passed but there was nothing.

RFlush 08-03-2013 06:53 PM

Watched it, thought it sucked.

Ulic Qel-Droma 08-06-2013 02:27 AM

lol i liked this movie way more than any of the other xmen movies (other than the first two xmen movies, those were good)...

sonick 08-06-2013 08:41 AM

+1 on this movie sucking. I recently re-watched all of the Xmen series with the GF to coincide with this in the theaters, and it was the worst of the entire series.

What really annoyed me was the super cheesy record scratch noise when he was in that Justice Minister's apartment when he was with the whores. Can't believe movies still do that.

highfive 08-06-2013 10:22 AM

I enjoyed it. Maybe I wasn't a crazy Xmen fan when I was a kid. I did look up the comics story online later about Wolverine and I felt they chopped the comics completely?

Spoiler!

But solid movie if you want to just go in. Turn off your brain, eat popcorn, and just watch a movie.

zetazeta 08-06-2013 01:40 PM

Enjoyed it! Looking forward to the next Xmen movie. (next year?).. I personally like Hugh Jackman as wolverine, i think he's a great actor and fits the role

sonick 08-09-2013 10:39 AM

Movie should've been called "The Wolverine (Gets Yellow Fever)".

Ulic Qel-Droma 08-09-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8295609)
What really annoyed me was the super cheesy record scratch noise when he was in that Justice Minister's apartment when he was with the whores. Can't believe movies still do that.

lol dude, it's cuz they stopped the music that was playing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8297441)
Movie should've been called "The Wolverine (Gets Yellow Fever)".

you do know the original story line, wolverine is involved with japanese chicks right? he lived in japan and shit. that's how he got involved with the silver samurai, lady death strike etc.

batman...wolverine all have period of japanese influence. you gotta remember the original shit went through the 1980's... when japan was the biggest thing on this planet. hence... the big japanese stories in their backgrounds.

sonick 08-09-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8297522)
lol dude, it's cuz they stopped the music that was playing...

Yea and so did every other time it was used previously in cheesy 80's movies and sitcoms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8297522)
you do know the original story line, wolverine is involved with japanese chicks right?

No I don't, I never read comics but I assumed as such there was some comic storyline where he ends up in Japan. It was purely based on watching the movie and other previous Xmen movies as a casual follower of the series, not a really a criticism by any means.

DanHibiki 08-10-2013 11:52 PM

X3 was bad.

Xmen origins: wolverine was god awful.

But I was never as bored during a superhero movie as I was watching the wolverine. Nothing memorable. Too many boring talks bout things no one even remembers. The most CHEAP plot devices that are used in every cheesey action movie there is found here. Which is surprising given the high standards now a days for superhero movies.

Yukio was bad ass.

Mariko was hella pretty I wanna marry her.

Not gonna lie. I was decided whether to watch this or pacific rim. I went with a fob girl and knew she would have enjoyed pacific rim more but...I HAD to see the ending credit scene!!!

So yes. I literally paid just to watch the ending credit scene and boy was it worth it.

HYYYYYYYPE!!!!!! 2014 summer can't wait!
Posted via RS Mobile

rsx 08-11-2013 04:19 AM

Yukio was so goddamn annoying. Mariko is gorgeous. Movie was 4.9/10 at best.

nns 11-09-2013 08:06 PM

Just watched it. Thought it was pretty good.

Yea, Mariko is beautiful. I like women with class and beauty.

I was so confused at the end, with Mariko's childhood ninja boyfriend. I couldn't tell which side he was on. He stops the yakuza from kidnapping her, then he goes and kidnaps her himself. When Viper goes after Mariko, he shoots Viper with an arrow. Then he goes and attacks grandpa. Thankfully it all made more sense when we found out who was in the suit.

It doesn't make sense to me during the scene where grandpa is somehow magically stealing Wolverine's mutant healing factor, that he reverse ages. Sure, it should heal whatever disease he's dying from, but it shouldn't turn you back 40 years younger.

Gotta say it was shocking to see Wolverine's claws chopped off. Definitely didn't see that coming, which was nice.

I'll go on the record and say I thought this movie is better than any prior X-men movie. I really don't understand what you guys are smoking, cause all those other X-men movies were full of cheesy acting, shitty action scenes, and boring storylines.

sonick 11-09-2013 08:31 PM

X2 was a great movie, not just for a superhero movie.
Posted via RS Mobile