REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykopathik View Post
back in my day it was Red Eagles, Big Circle Boys, and everyone's whipping dog Los Diablos.

I always thought H.A. was a US gang only and never really heard much. I think the above 3 gangs are now defunct. could be wrong tho.
Big Circle still exists but they tend to operate on an individual cell basis as opposed to a unified whole. It also isn't a street gang like the other two (never heard of red eagles, los diablos and lotus yes) and they have an international presence as they developed from former Red Guards.

In 2009, Hong Chao Raymond of big circle was shot outside his Shaughnessy home in Vancouver.
Advertisement

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #27
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts

From the Bacon Bros book. Had to screenshot it because copy is disabled on Google books.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
red eagles was more of an 70s/80s asian gang i think a cousin of mines ex-husband was in that gang (supposedly) when he was trying to court her (before my time and we're not close so i dunno)

look an angelfire webite! about vancouver asian gangs

asian youth gangs.html

not sure if this link works but a government document about gangs/gang members that were in prison in BC back in the 90s
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...EUdkWPWMspwBOA

if not you can download the pdf https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...44342787,d.dmQ
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #29
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
this is a good read about one of the early vancouver asian gangs

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

+1 for paper fan based on Steven Wong
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #31

+2
Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Read paper fan last year, the first half is really good. I thought it would be an ok summer read about a Triad and it talked alot about Vancouver's history. I never finished it because the second half was so boring and was basically a tour of Asian countries and their history.

The book is about the wars between the Red Eagles vs. Lotus and the Diablos. it also talks a lot about Vietnamese street gangs in the 90's. But the main story is how a Red Eagle member Steven Wong became a 14K triad member and split out of the Red Eagles to form the Gum Wah.

While this stuff is pretty interesting, it is pretty sad that what has happened to the culture in BC that it makes these guys look like heroes. It seems like in BC if your a hardcore gangster guys want to be friends with you and girls want to be with you.
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Anyone remember that 2 episode TV Series
"Dragon Boys" ?

It was pretty good.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-nijzllab View Post
It seems like in BC if your a hardcore gangster guys want to be friends with you and girls want to be with you.
depends on the crowd... i suppose... i would think only high school kids and those who think/live as if they're still in high school would be as you described...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
lol no love for WAH CHING, i heard there some of them are here in BC

man its like every other high school nammer boy in bc now CLAIM to be in some gang & say he all tough like that, whats up with that anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #36
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Anyone remember that 2 episode TV Series
"Dragon Boys" ?

It was pretty good.
LOL Yea that CBC special. It was umm interesting

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
lol no love for WAH CHING, i heard there some of them are here in BC

man its like every other high school nammer boy in bc now CLAIM to be in some gang & say he all tough like that, whats up with that anyways
Ugh, I hate when high school kids go into chest-beating mode and act like they're hard. If they faced any real danger they'd turn into blubbering babies.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #38

There's also the boss of the Water Room Gang (macau triad) that has been living in Vancouver for the last 17yrs (attempt was also made on his life here in Vancouver years ago)

the story has been on the news lately as he and his family may get deported and questions of why he was even allowed into Canada in the first place are also being discussed
Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #39
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I dunno what the fascination of being in a gang is. The smart gangster should work in the background and avoid being associated with anyone

Stupidest thing you can is label yourself so the cops can have a profile of you...ie Hells Angel, UN, Red Scorpions and what ever group that takes their place.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

^if gangsters were smart enough to not get gang tattoos, be affiliated etc. they would not be gangsters. they would be bankers, lawyers, doctors, marketers, accountants etc

gangsters are alpha males who are insecure and constantly need to prove themselves. the whole idea of gangs is based around the concept of a buncha cry babies who are pisse at their life and instead of getting out of their hole, get together to bully others and show everyone how big their cock is
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
^if gangsters were smart enough to not get gang tattoos, be affiliated etc. they would not be gangsters. they would be bankers, lawyers, doctors, marketers, accountants etc

gangsters are alpha males who are insecure and constantly need to prove themselves. the whole idea of gangs is based around the concept of a buncha cry babies who are pisse at their life and instead of getting out of their hole, get together to bully others and show everyone how big their cock is
That sounds like an opinion. Not a fact.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykopathik View Post
I always thought H.A. was a US gang only
Nope.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:

my dad know some gang members in hong kong & they wear suit & tie all the time, they even have some legit businesses

not all gangsters are like what u mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #44
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
I dunno what the fascination of being in a gang is. The smart gangster should work in the background and avoid being associated with anyone

Stupidest thing you can is label yourself so the cops can have a profile of you...ie Hells Angel, UN, Red Scorpions and what ever group that takes their place.

Most of the ones you here about are small time. Bindy Johal was small time. Red Scorpions, UN and the others you here about are small time.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #45
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:

you sound like you got bullied by gangsters
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #46
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
my dad know some gang members in hong kong & they wear suit & tie all the time, they even have some legit businesses

He's obviously describing the majority of local lower-level ones based on his own personal experiences, there will always be exceptions and many types.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #47
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
you sound like you got bullied by gangsters
id be inclined to agree with Drunkrussian.

usually a gang originates with a group of insecure/misfit people gathering together cuz they dont belong, so they make their own group for support. the larger the group, the more empowered they feel. it spirals downwards from there.

so many quiet immigrant classmates fell into this. some are dead, others in prison.

sometimes becoming organized crime, sometimes nothing more than hoodlums.

granted there are some bad asses, but id think most are cowardly people that act tough because of backup.

I know back in the day when i hung around dubious people, it felt pretty good, like people respected/feared me. we'd get into occasional brawls with other groups from other schools. it was exciting.

however that life didn't suit me in the end and i didn't enjoy looking over my shoulder all the time.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #48
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:

...sounds like Yakuza...there also here in Vancouver but their massively strict like that too wearing suits & staying under the radar.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #49
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
lmao i rmb the old high school days

when every other asian kid said they were in a gang

either bc / tc / wc

now if u think of it if i was actually in BC in HK and i hear that a bunch of high school asian kids are calling themselves BC id be pretty damn pissed.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #50
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Most of the ones you here about are small time. Bindy Johal was small time. Red Scorpions, UN and the others you here about are small time.
Yup, these guys are the ones who do all the dirty work. The HA are so "behind the scenes". A lot of them are well educated and come from all walks of life. They are very intelligent. They have to be, to be a few steps ahead of the law.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote