REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   throttle bogging/hesitating problem (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682571-throttle-bogging-hesitating-problem.html)

?uestlove 05-03-2013 07:32 PM

ignition coil

Iron Chef 05-03-2013 10:26 PM

Distributor

kookoobird88 05-04-2013 05:50 PM

^would those be intermittent or all the time?
Bogging almost seems worse after new tps
Something I have noticed which I thought maybe could be related
Is that sometimes I can hear my intake from the inside of my car
Its pretty loud. When I can hear it at idle at its loudest the car drives well.
Then I noticed after driving for a few min I can no longer hear the intake whilte at idle
and car does bogging. Possible suffocating the engine with no air?
Posted via RS Mobile

i-vtecyo 05-04-2013 06:29 PM

hows the air filter? xD

kookoobird88 05-04-2013 09:45 PM

filter is fine
i have a 6" velocity stack with a filter in the inside
its not dirty, or dirty enough to cause such noticable probs

Lowered_Klass 05-05-2013 08:29 AM

Don't waste your time going to the Acura dealer. I'm willing to bet just about anything, they'll blame the problem on your aftermarket parts.

Take the car to Garage Five. I'm a 100% positive they'll be able to figure this out pretty quick, seeing as they're mainly a Honda shop anyhow.

If you don't want to go out to Richmond, I'm sure one of the sponsors could figure this out too.

I had a similar problem with my old EL... it was after I installed a new TB, along with the IM. The plate on the TB was 'sticking', and was driving me nuts. It was something that was able to be adjusted pretty easily, but still. I suppose if you still had your stock TB laying around, you could swap that back in and see if you notice anything?

Keep us posted, I'm curious to what ends up being the issue.
Good luck.

kookoobird88 05-05-2013 09:23 AM

I have a 66 mm billet TB with the skunk2 IM. I got some TB cleaner and problem still there.
There is a decent amount of black crap that builds on my exhuast pretty quickly
Posted via RS Mobile

tooblahlol 05-05-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed (Post 8229411)
Don't waste your time going to the Acura dealer. I'm willing to bet just about anything, they'll blame the problem on your aftermarket parts.

Take the car to Garage Five. I'm a 100% positive they'll be able to figure this out pretty quick, seeing as they're mainly a Honda shop anyhow.

If you don't want to go out to Richmond, I'm sure one of the sponsors could figure this out too.

I had a similar problem with my old EL... it was after I installed a new TB, along with the IM. The plate on the TB was 'sticking', and was driving me nuts. It was something that was able to be adjusted pretty easily, but still. I suppose if you still had your stock TB laying around, you could swap that back in and see if you notice anything?

Good luck.

I have a very similar problem with my 99 b18c1 engine. Changed basically the same stuff you've done so far and nothing. After you changed the tps and got the CEL did you calibrate the tps? Have you done a compression/leak down check yet? that and looking closer at the fuel system is my next ideas. I asked g5 what these symptoms sound like and they didnt really know...

freelunch 05-05-2013 05:57 PM

o2 sensor is fine? whats the readings on the OBD-2 sensor as you drive?

kookoobird88 05-10-2013 08:41 PM

my car has obd 1. Anybody know a place that has a obd 1 reader? Preferably Vancouver area. Most places only have obd2.
Anyways the problem is definitely not intermittent now
I've been analyzing when it happens and if it goes away etc. Happens after 8-13 min of driving and stays.
Even though I did replace the 02 sensor no more then 2 years ago could it have gone bad? Or maybe the heater wire?
After readoing online more it does sound like a bad 02 . Because it happens always after 12 min or so leads me to.believe its temperature related.
Posted via RS Mobile

kookoobird88 05-18-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed (Post 8229411)

Good luck.

update problem solved!

went to g5 yesturday, after more searching on symptoms for ignition timing i thought I would take it to them to look at it.

guy drove the car and said just when driving it it had no throttle repsonse. popped the hood looked at the distributor and said just by looking on the outside he could tell it was out, turns out it was retarded by 4-5 degrees. problem gone thank god

my timing belt broke a couple years ago, i had the cap n rotor done and a tune up at a regular maintenance place i go to, and i guess they never adjusted the ignition timing during any of those three instances.....bad
apparently the bolts were over tightened too

just glad the have to car running properly after 2+ years:toot: