REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Euro Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/euro-tech-resources_318/)
-   -   Bimmer Haus? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682704-bimmer-haus.html)

neonlyte 04-08-2013 01:54 PM

Bimmer Haus?

Not exactly sure where this topic would fit in but the Euro crowd seemed like the best option to answer this question...

Anyone ever have any experience buying a car from Bimmer Haus? I've seen a few comments from people saying to stay away from brining your vehicle in there for any sort of servicing, which I wouldn't do anyway, but I'm thinking about bringing my vehicle in there to trade it in on something they have but I'm a little leary of even walking on to their lot much less complete the transaction.

Obviously I should bring the car to a dealer or something and get them to check it out but before I do anything like that I'd like some input if possible. Any help? Thanks in advance.

lowside67 04-08-2013 01:57 PM

They sell mostly rebuilts... what exactly are you looking at buying?

neonlyte 04-08-2013 02:09 PM

2008 BMW 335i- 6-spd Manual, Fully Loaded

^ this

the price looks off for what it is, which is why I am very leary of it

hotong 04-08-2013 02:24 PM

the price seems very low.. most likely accident or rebuilt

nma 04-08-2013 02:27 PM

i called in about this one, its a rebuild, my gf was looking for a car.. lol

neonlyte 04-08-2013 02:35 PM

ah thanks for the heads up :P definitely sounded too good to be true lol

nma 04-08-2013 02:48 PM

yeah, when it sounds too good to be true, 99% of the time, it is... hahaha

Redlines_Daily 04-10-2013 11:21 AM

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with buying a rebuild if the car has been properly fixed and maintained. Sure resale is more difficult, but that's why is priced way lower than market value.

I haven't bought anything from bimmer haus, but I recently took two X5's there for a pre-purchase inspection and the owner seemed to be an honest guy.

If you are on a tight budget and trying to get in the best car you can for the price, then I don't recommend a rebuilt/used BMW. Remember these are expensive cars that can require deep pockets to own and maintain.

However, if you are doing well financially, can afford maintenance and unexpected problems but just don't want to pay the price of newer BMW's then rebuilt is maybe not a bad way to go.

bcrdukes 04-10-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily (Post 8208522)
If you are on a tight budget and trying to get in the best car you can for the price, then I don't recommend a rebuilt/used BMW. Remember these are expensive cars that can require deep pockets to own and maintain.

This.

In my experience, the E91 I bought from my uncle is a rebuild status in LA. Despite us seeing the rebuild process from start to finish, the car will never be the same (it was rear ended and written off by the insurance company.) The dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree and its always sensors in the rear that need replacing. Not to mention, all sorts of CELs and lights popping up that cannot be explained then disappear.

Yes, we got it for cheap but ultimately, it's a nightmare. On the other hand, the Japanese cars that our family has purchased with a rebuild title have been perfect. So your mileage may vary.

Brianrietta 04-27-2013 08:03 PM

I'm highly intrigued by this 90 e30 cab which they have for sale. Might take a look at it this week.

Quote:

The dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree and its always sensors in the rear that need replacing. Not to mention, all sorts of CELs and lights popping up that cannot be explained then disappear.
Warning well received (although that describes non-rebuilt e30's to a tee too :whistle:)

yray 04-27-2013 08:13 PM

^typical bmw... christmas tree lights up except for battery

turns out battery was fucked :lol

bcrdukes 04-27-2013 10:37 PM

Umm..yeah.

My CEL was on but guess what? The light bulb was burnt.

FML. Only way I knew what was wrong was using a Peake scanner.