REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   air fuel to high on idle? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682775-air-fuel-high-idle.html)

em2_stance 04-09-2013 08:49 PM

air fuel to high on idle?

So I sold my civic a bought a r32 gtst. An the aem wideband reads 14.2:1 on idle. Im new to boost an am curious if this is right, I think its high. An the car has a nistune ecu an curious if anyone down in van can tune it
Thanks

Fafine 04-09-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em2_stance (Post 8208097)
So I sold my civic a bought a r32 gtst. An the aem wideband reads 14.2:1 on idle. Im new to boost an am curious if this is right, I think its high. An the car has a nistune ecu an curious if anyone down in van can tune it
Thanks

why do you think that

bcrdukes 04-09-2013 09:06 PM

If it's idling, the numbers should jump, but not stay 14.2:1 on idle constantly. And FYI - it isn't "high" per se.

em2_stance 04-09-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 8208102)
why do you think that

Everyware I look ppl say 12 is ware it should be.im new to boosting my last car was a n/a civic. So im learning a lot with this car.

em2_stance 04-09-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8208107)
If it's idling, the numbers should jump, but not stay 14.2:1 on idle constantly. And FYI - it isn't "high" per se.

It jumps a bit but more so sits at 14.2

bcrdukes 04-09-2013 10:01 PM

lol

You need to read this
Air/Fuel Ratio tuning:Rich vs Lean | Turbobygarrett

em2_stance 04-09-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8208163)

Thats helps out huge thank you. So now when under boost the gauge goes way past the max on the gauge which stops at 16. An do you know of anyware that can tune nistune? Thanks

RacingGreed 04-09-2013 11:15 PM

We've tuned an array of Nistune equiped vehicles here at RG using our AWD mustang dyno. Feel free to contact us via pm, email or call to arrange an appointment or further discuss tuning your vehicle.

thanks

bcrdukes 04-10-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em2_stance (Post 8208170)
Thats helps out huge thank you. So now when under boost the gauge goes way past the max on the gauge which stops at 16. An do you know of anyware that can tune nistune? Thanks

You should contact RacingGreed to sort out your tune. I say this because:
1. You will learn something out of this (I hope.)
2. You know what the tune has been setup for.
3. RacingGreed can sort out any potential problems that may arise.

For a boosted setup to run lean, typically, probably setup for something or some reason. Most people who daily drive their cars will have a rich tune on wide open throttle (full boost) in order to prevent your engine from blowing up. Assuming you read the article I posted above, it would explain a thing or two.

Spend the time and money and stop by RacingGreed and have them teach you a thing or two about boosted and fuel related theories and applications. The most expensive lesson is if you blow your motor which would cost at least $2000 or more to rebuild or replace. And this is assuming your Nistune is setup to run lean on WOT/full boost. :)

Phil@rise 04-10-2013 09:02 AM

At idle 14.2 is great thats right about stoic. Which is where you base your entire fuel map off of. When under boost you want to aim for approx 12.5 sometimes richer (lower number) sometimes leaner (higher number) it all depends on how much timing you can run and the grade of fuel you are running all to prevent detonation. A wide band O2 and gauge is far more accurate then a narrow band and will also provide a far more stable reading with less jumping around. A lean motor will detonate. Detonation is bad mmmkayy

em2_stance 04-11-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8208396)
At idle 14.2 is great thats right about stoic. Which is where you base your entire fuel map off of. When under boost you want to aim for approx 12.5 sometimes richer (lower number) sometimes leaner (higher number) it all depends on how much timing you can run and the grade of fuel you are running all to prevent detonation. A wide band O2 and gauge is far more accurate then a narrow band and will also provide a far more stable reading with less jumping around. A lean motor will detonate. Detonation is bad mmmkayy

Thanks for the info, it really helps me out. Im downloading the software for nistune now so I can see what going on.took the car for a small drive an it was running ruff, felt really sluggish one think I hate is buying a caf and not know what other ppl have done

em2_stance 04-12-2013 11:44 PM

Posted via RS Mobile

em2_stance 04-12-2013 11:46 PM

Does any one now ware I can get a base map for my nistune so I can get this motor to stop running like a bag
Posted via RS Mobile

Fafine 04-13-2013 01:58 PM

^ our sponspors, like the ones that replied- racinggreed?

RacingGreed 05-01-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em2_stance (Post 8210862)
Does any one now ware I can get a base map for my nistune so I can get this motor to stop running like a bag
Posted via RS Mobile

The base maps are usually attached to the software, you just have to pick the one for your application. I would strongly recommend getting someone familiar with nissans and nistune to check your car over for you. It could have other issues other then the tune. 14.2AFR is ok for idle but 12.5AFR would be way too lean for boosted conditions. Stock GTS-T's will usually run in the mid to low 10AFR under boost. With an ideal tune on pumpgas your AFR should be around 11.3 to 11.5