REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

18 points violation

Okay sooo................... it happened in Richmond on Dec 25th 2011 christmas...what a great day. It was around 3 am at my friends house. Its getting late so i decide to leave when suddenly 5 people popped up out of nowhere and they alll needed a ride back home and of course my license is still "N". I dont know what came over me but i decided to be Santa Claus and accepted them all in my toyota sienna(best van ever). Ok so as i leave my friend's neighbourhood i had this sudden fucked up urge to swerve into all lanes including the opposing lane since the whole street was empty. oh and also i was going 40km above the speed limit. And i had 5 people with me. Of course after doing all that, my rear view mirror started shining with pretty lights telling me that my adventure was to be put in immediate halt. There i knew i stopped with my toyota ABS brakes that i would get fucked so hard i could hear the officer laughing from 100ft away as he would approach my car to fuck my tailpipe. Okay so basically i got 3 points for over carrying 4 people. 4 overcarries x 3 points = 12 pts. driving over speedlimit= 3 points, unable to stay on the right side of the lane = 3. Thats 18 points. I opted to do this dispute even though its not the one where you book a date to go to a court. They gave me an option to write a letter of admitting that this infact happened but asking to reduce the fine.

Fastforward now April 10 2013, its been a year and 3 months now and i still have not received any news about this incident. Could someone tell me what might be happening? Is there a chance that they would reduce the points? When the judge reads my letter will my license get revoked 100% for sure? Thanks in advance
Advertisement

Last edited by rayugi; 04-10-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: got the date wrong.
rayugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
If your letter is anything like your post, you should be just fine.

Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 04-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

By the way this is actually not a troll post, will they decide to revoke my license once my letter is going to be read? Or is there a slight chance in the world that they just felt so bad for me that the officer decided to cancel it?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Wow. I am out of word.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
You can't have points reduced. You may ask for a fine reduction, but not points. The only time you will have points negated is if the ticket gets Amended to the registered owner and NOT the driver. Are you sure it is 3 points PER passenger you had, and not just one fine for driving contrary to your class 7 restrictions? Therefore, it is 9 points, not 18.

PS. The cop may have let you off the hook even if you were carrying over, but driving like an idiot, doesn't really help the cop give you the benefit of the doubt. I am surprised you didn't get the ASD demand. Or did you?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayugi View Post
By the way this is actually not a troll post, will they decide to revoke my license once my letter is going to be read? Or is there a slight chance in the world that they just felt so bad for me that the officer decided to cancel it?
WTH? How old are you? How did you pass your Learner's test?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

From what i remember yes it was 3 points per overcarry. So does this mean that there are so many cases that it takes them more than a year to read my letter? Can officers cancel a case? What if he felt sorry for me because it was Christmas and i just looked so pitiful?
I even got my car towed for 3 days
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I am 19 dude and its not like i was not doing this on purpose because i was doing it on purpose >_>......................
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Okay sooo................... it happened in Richmond on Dec 25th 2012 christmas...what a great day. It was around 3 am at my friends house. Its getting late so i decide to leave when suddenly 5 people popped up out of nowhere and they alll needed a ride back home and of course my license is still "N". I dont know what came over me but i decided to be Santa Claus and accepted them all in my toyota sienna(best van ever). Ok so as i leave my friend's neighbourhood i had this sudden fucked up urge to swerve into all lanes including the opposing lane since the whole street was empty. oh and also i was going 40km above the speed limit. And i had 5 people with me. Of course after doing all that, my rear view mirror started shining with pretty lights telling me that my adventure was to be put in immediate halt. There i knew i stopped with my toyota ABS brakes that i would get fucked so hard i could hear the officer laughing from 100ft away as he would approach my car to fuck my tailpipe. Okay so basically i got 3 points for over carrying 4 people. 4 overcarries x 3 points = 12 pts. driving over speedlimit= 3 points, unable to stay on the right side of the lane = 3. Thats 18 points. I opted to do this dispute even though its not the one where you book a date to go to a court. They gave me an option to write a letter of admitting that this infact happened but asking to reduce the fine.

Fastforward now April 10 2013 and i still havent had any news about this incident. Could someone tell me what might be happening? Is there a chance that they would reduce the points? When the judge reads my letter will my license get revoked 100% for sure? Thanks in advance
quoted just in case edit

Quote:
I am 19 dude and its not like i was not doing this on purpose because i was doing it on purpose >_>......................
....and what?

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Sadly, i was doing it on purpose..
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Shouldn't matter how many over you carry. It is still just one violation for driving contrary to restrictions.
I know this because I got ticket for it back when I was an "n" driver with 4 passengers.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
RS Veteran

Quote:
From what i remember yes it was 3 points per overcarry. So does this mean that there are so many cases that it takes them more than a year to read my letter? Can officers cancel a case? What if he felt sorry for me because it was Christmas and i just looked so pitiful?
I even got my car towed for 3 days
You should call icbc and see if it is 3 pts per carry and not just one case of driving contrary to your restrictions. In order to have 3 pts per carry, you would also be fined the 100 something per passenger also, wouldn't you?

Take a picture of the VT you had (minus your personal info). I am curious as to how the ticket was written. Chances of it being thrown out or lost or forgotten is slim to none. These things take a while. If you are concerned, call ICBC.

Quote:
Yea, you were doing it on purpose, which makes you more of an idiot.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i can't say im not an idiot because you are right :/
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I just checked the ICBC Website for overcarrying passengers: 25(15)
Drive contrary to restriction (e.g., not wearing corrective lenses)
$109
3 Points
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
RS Veteran

Quote:
I just checked the ICBC Website for overcarrying passengers: 25(15)
Drive contrary to restriction (e.g., not wearing corrective lenses)
$109
3 Points
Knew it. i don't know why you assumed it is 3 pts per passenger. Where do you get your info? I still hope you lose your licence though
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Wow... Merry Christmas, eh?

Sorry I can't help here.. but I am curious. How often did you do these kinds of things, carry more passengers (you stand-up guy, you!) contrary to restrictions, drive in the middle of the road, and speeding excessively? Like.. all the time, and finally got caught? Or this was your first time (if so, you unlucky bastard!)

That cop sure earned his quota that night..
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #17
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Wow... Merry Christmas, eh?

Sorry I can't help here.. but I am curious. How often did you do these kinds of things, carry more passengers (you stand-up guy, you!) contrary to restrictions, drive in the middle of the road, and speeding excessively? Like.. all the time, and finally got caught? Or this was your first time (if so, you unlucky bastard!)

That cop sure earned his quota that night..
No haha i actually drive normally the whole time, i just decided to have fun at christmas and just got really unlucky, i only did this because the whole street was empty as far as my eyes could see..
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
just give up your license

edit: you sure the popo didn't give u dangerous driving for swerving around like a tard

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you

Last edited by yray; 04-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
I bringith the lowerballerith

Its been 4 months only. You will likely get your court date in 6-10 months from now. As for the points, you only broke your restriction for # of passengers once, so one charge of Driving Contrary to Restriction is 3 points. 1 charge of speeding (whichever section was used, aside from excessive) is 3 points. So a total of 6 points. Not sure what section the last charge is. Whats the charge section number?
Posted via RS Mobile
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #20
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Got a photocopy/scan of your ticket?

It will tell us a lot more, because it seems you can't comprehend anything.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #21
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
I feel like we should have a post limit before you can create a thread or post in the Police forum on RS....

This'll prevent all these "first time posters" that registered on the same date knowing exactly where to go for posts like these.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
Unless the officer actually charged you with 4 counts of driving contrary to restriction, which means he would have had to write it on the ticket 4 separate times. Assuming he only charged you with one count, then you will only get 3 points.

But on the other hand, if found guilty of the rest you'll still have 9 points which will likely get you prohibited for 2 months and you'll be stuck with $520 penalty point premium owing to ICBC.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #23
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

From what i remember i got 4 separate charges for each passenger i overcarried, i will post a pic of the ticket when i get a hold of it. Thanks for the reply guys
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #24
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
on purpose or not you made a decision. don't try to make it sound okay by saying you didn't do it on purpose. you knew you were breaking the rules by overcarrying already and you top it off with 40+ AND swerving three lanes? i'm pretty sure someone who does that does it with purpose.

on topic: if you were going 40+ and no one has mentioned that excessive speed is another 3 points.
speeding: 3 points
excessive speed: 3 points
unable to stay on right side: 3 points
driving contrary to restriction: 3 points.
(that's if you don't get hit on every extra passenger AND if the cop got you at 40 over)
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #25
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
I once stuffed 13 ppl in my old dodge caravan (best van ever)